WHAT DO THESE ALIASES MEAN, H A L P

Adrian

Momo's Minion
Hi ya'll! I'm in the process of making a CVVC voicebank, I've done the recording, and now i'm oto'ing the darn thing. I have experience in oto'ing CV, and it's my first time oto'ing CVVC, I came across thes aliases, and I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT THEY MEAN?!!
CDk2DQBSGmPLsLQy9

I saw that the "-" mean glottal stops, But what dot the dots mean?
Please help. Thank you!

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I can't see the image, but if you're referring to dots like ・, they usually mean the same thing: glottal stops. The settings that you used for - can be (and probably should be) identical to the settings for ・!

Adrian

Momo's Minion
Thanks for the info! Here is the photo i wanted to put, i used a romaji cvvc reclist from this thread. Ot also came with a base oto. Im using delta_kuro's oto'ing guide. Im still pretty confused on how to oto the VV parts (like soumds that go from one vowel to another). If you could elaborate that for me that would be awesome!

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
(I tried to color code this the way Delta has it.)

When otoing VV parts (like "i あ," for instance), the preutterance should go at the start of the second vowel. So for that example, it would be at the start of あ/a. If you're using a base oto, the easiest way to do this is to drag the offset until the preutterance is where it's supposed to be.
If the base oto has a value for overlap, just leave it. Otherwise, the most common value I see for it is 100.
Consonant and cutoff are the same as in that guide: at stable points in the sound.

It's easier to see where the vowels transition if you click the "s" button in the oto window. It brings up a spectrogram for you.
Here are some examples of where to put the preutterance (using "i あ" and the spectrogram view):
i a1.PNG i a2.PNG i a3.PNG

This is also found in VCV otos, so maybe that's why they're not in the guide you were using? Unless I missed it, anyway ^^;

If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask!

Adrian

Momo's Minion
OKAY I NEED MORE HALP.
So, there were more aliases, like this, what does the "b" mean? and with this one, do i have to have a glottal stop after the vowel sound?, and lastly (for now) T H I S , LORD DEFOKO SEND HELP!

thanks again!

Pazuru

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It seems like the "b" in the "ab" part is the consonnant. If you're talking about the "b" in "B3", that's the suffix. If your bank is multipitch, UTAU needs those to changes the pitches!

The second alias is n with a glottal stop at it's end.

The last picture you sent shows VCs (Vowel Consonnant, ex: u g, u gy) and CVs (Consonnant vowel, ex: が) . They're used in CVVC. For example, the word "arigatou" in CVVC will be written like this:

[- あ] [a r] [り] [i g] [が] [a t] [と]
[- a ] [a r] [ri ] [i g] [ga] [a t] [to] (tou)

Hope that helped!

Adrian

Momo's Minion
actually, the recording for the "ab" alias is the "a" sound + a breathe, it looks like this. Thank you for the rest of the info though, it really clears up things!

Pazuru

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Ohhh, right. It's uncommon to see breaths written like this, so eh, I thought it was a VC!