What Character Fits My Voice Type?

AmberTonnerre

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
(I hope I posted this in the right section I wasn't sure if it should be in the help section or not)
I'm working on my first bank and I wanted my Utau to stand out. My voice is higher pitched and my Utau sounds kind of generic so I really wanted to give her a stand-out design.
The problem is that I can't really seem to think of any design that isn't 'moe' which isn't necessarily bad but is not really what I want to go for. My Utau sounds cutesy so its hard for me to think of anything that hasn't already been done.
Does anyone have any ideas?

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If the voice is generic then no design will save it.
It's probably best to find a sound that suits it and aim for that when creating a voicebank.

Visual media is not a replacement for auditory presentation, just a supplement.

Melomad

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Try practising singing! Maybe the voice you have now is not your "real" voice.
Also, try to perceive if you are forcing your voice, especially on higher pitches. A forced voice as an high pitched female tend to sounds like a moe/cutesy character.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Forcing your voice is far from ideal and can actually lead to injury. It's best to stick with your natural tone.

Honestly, just take your time with both the voicebank and design. No one is rushing you.

AmberTonnerre

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you for all the advice. You're right no one is rushing me so I should take the time to thoroughly plan out my voicebank. My range is higher when I sing so I'm not sure if I'm forcing anything but it wouldn't hurt to record myself speaking or singing just to see.

And I appreciate the confidence boost WyndReed thank you for your kind words. :smile:

AmberTonnerre

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I went back and rerecorded my voicebank with my new microphone and compared it to the samples I recorded on Wednesday night and I have to say that everyone's right. My natural, comfortable singing voice is much lower than what I had first recorded. ^^;