Voice help?

PENSATO

Momo's Minion
I suppose this is where something like this would go?

Yeahsoummmm. For the last week, I've been trying to record a second act for SAVY, but every time I do, my voice makes inhuman, unnatural screeching and squeaking sounds.
For example, THIS. You'll want to turn your volume down.
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/savysutcliff-knox-spears/oh-god-what-the-hell[/soundcloud]
Sounds like a dying pterodactyl, right? (...this gives me an very bad idea for a dinosaur UTAU...)

I've not been sick or anything recently, but I can't hold notes (voice shakes like a jackhammer), I can't keep a consistent sound/tone anymore, and no matter what the rang, I either get a chipmunk in UTAU or something that sounds like someone with a throat wide enough to shove an ice cream truck down, and it sounds horrible on every rang, espicially C4~C5.

So to the point...does anyone have any singing/vocal advice, other than drink lots of warm tea and take deep breaths? ;w; I really need help, I can't stand Savy's original bank anymore (damn pronunciation, 'ka' and 'za'...) and I refuse to do anything with her until I have an improved one ;w;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
What I do to hold notes and keep them the exact shape, steadiness, and dynamic I want when recording is by using my hands. It's KINDA like I'm conducting myself, but what I do is I visualize the flow & shape and general feeling of the notes I want to create, then when I sing I kind of pretend I'm holding the note in my hand(sort of like a "C" shape, and tense my fingers and release them accordingly to the vocals I'm creating to help me keep the form steady and precise, I'll do things like lift my fingers from my thumb when I want to round the note, or tense my hand and and kind of move it in controlled jabs when I'm trying to sing hard quick staccato, I pretty much just let my hands "feel" what I'm trying to sing and they control me...

I know that's pretty weird, but for me it really works. Even when I'm singing in choir, I've gotten to the point where I can "imagine" I'm doing the movements and it controls me. It definately worth trying, anyway, If I've made any sense at all. For holding a long steady note like recording I VB, what I would do is hold the "C" position with your hands and keep your fingers tense, especially your thumb and middle finger, and steadily move it forward in a constant speed with your singing as your holding your note, then to close the note cleanly quickly close the tip of your middle finger and thumb together, relaxing your other fingers...

It's pretty hard to explain, since it's kind of an instinctual thing for me since I started it randomly a couple of years ago. You got to "feel it visually with your hands in a controlled yet sometimes loose manner x:" It helped me improve sooo much. I hope this is actually helpful to you, or at least somewhat makes sense ;w;

ScandinavianSweetie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Teehee~ How cute! (The sound..... I'm weird) LOL

Okay, um, did you SAY each sound the same way, or did you SING them..?

(Trying to be useful but already feels like a failure)