Vocatau trends you wish would come back

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
What are some old vocatau trends you really wish would make a come back?

Personally, I really wish everyone was still covering songs like Panda Hero, Melt, Stargazer and Romeo and Cinderella. Those songs are bops and didn't deserve to die out... Time done played them dirty. Lol.

Aurum79

Teto's Territory
Nostalgia thread? Nostalgia thread!

I liked the signature item trend. Not every UTAU needs it but it was fun to look at.

I also miss being blown away by a simple CV cover of an old-school song like Meltdown, UTAU has come such a long way but it means standards are so much higher :bigtears: I remember thinking some of those covers were on par with Vocaloid quality even though that wasn't true.

And I really miss VIPPERloids. Do 2ch still make those? Now that we can't be fooled by 'new Vocaloid' tricks, I feel they resorted to random gimmicks and now it's not so... special anymore. The last one I remember was that green male UTAU to do with radiation?

Reactions: Kazumimi

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Nostalgia thread? Nostalgia thread!

I liked the signature item trend. Not every UTAU needs it but it was fun to look at.

I also miss being blown away by a simple CV cover of an old-school song like Meltdown, UTAU has come such a long way but it means standards are so much higher :bigtears: I remember thinking some of those covers were on par with Vocaloid quality even though that wasn't true.

And I really miss VIPPERloids. Do 2ch still make those? Now that we can't be fooled by 'new Vocaloid' tricks, I feel they resorted to random gimmicks and now it's not so... special anymore. The last one I remember was that green male UTAU to do with radiation?

You know, I completely forgot about the character item thing until you mentioned it. I miss that and I think my favorite part of the whole character item thing was how obscure they could be.

I also still have some of the original samples of my main utau from 2012 and it's crazy how far the standard for an utau bank has come. I even find myself saying, "back in my day *blah blah blah*" because of how much things have changed. I remember back when Ritsu's Kire was state of the art and everyone was trying to imitate it.