VOCALOID4 x Unity-chan Kohaku Otori

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Lately, it seemed a new wave of Vocaloids had happened again, and Kohaku is the next one announced.
latest

Who is Kohaku ?
Kohaku is in fact a character appearing as mascot for a game platform engine called "Unity". She may seem failiar as she was featuredas a guest in Rana's magazine Vocalo-P Ni Naritai. Her voicer is a novice voice actress called Kakumoto Asuka. Her voice (the voicer's of course) can be heard here (with KOhaku dancing) :

And as the title says it, KOhaku will obtain then a VOCALOID4 voicebank~
She will be developped and distributed by YAMAHA themselves !

More informations here : http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Vocaloid_Wiki:Sandbox/Otori_Kohaku
Again, what are your thoughts about her ?
Honestly it's always nice to see an addition, though hoping she'll sound unique enough once in the program.... Also, I don't know you, but her outfit kinda remind me Lily's when seen from far away (inmorecutiekawaiiwayofc) ( 'w' "')​

Last edited:
P

partial

Some people on VocaloidOtaku were complaining about her design, but I think it's really fun.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
To be honest it's cute and it's merging the biker and the cute performer styles (though when I looked at her the first time, as I said earlier if you see her far away, her jacket and the things around her shirts kinda mimic the cape Lily has in a girlier way-and wow now I wanna hear a Lilyx Kohaku duet screw me)

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello guys !
Yamaha Vocaloid's twitter just tweeted an alpha demo of Kohaku's voicebank !!!

http://business.vocaloid.com/unitysdk/
↑ The cover they're using as demo is one of Candy Rock Star~ You can hear her voice and watch the video right on the website link above ↑
Also, following what they're saying on the website, Unity-chan/Kohaku's VB will be likely released on December 2015 (before or after Kagamine who will get their update in December, we don't know yet)

So, what are your thoughts about this demo ?
Honestly, she kinda translated well (not at 100% though) once in the engine but there are still some weird jumps and a few tiny things that'd need fixing... But well, I bet they'll do as she's only in alpha stage... Also I love the parameters on-screen !

Edit : Ah, also seems Unity-Chan will run on different programs ! She will run on V4 editor, Mobile VOCALOID editor and then in the runtime version
(Shown in the example above)

Runtime version will be free while V4 will be paying

New-Edit : According to damesukekun, Yamaha revealed in a media press that they're creating plug-ins so non-Vocaloid voicebanks can be editable onVocaloid interrface

Last edited:

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Will Vocaloid for Unity be free?
Also, TETO IN VOCALOID?

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*also stares intensely at the "not vocaloids in vocaloid" tweet* whawhawhat

And for Dangosan, they've said that if you have Unity that she is free for it, so I'm assuming yes as long as you own Unity.

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah for this statement, I felt weird... Thugh I think they meant it in a "Vocaloids that started first as mascots for band/game/TV show" way, which could be a hint at vocals like Kohaku...

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Unity-Chan design reminds me of a rebelous teenager thats like "Idgaf bout what you think! I love singing! You cant stop me from doing so!"