VCV+CVVC for kazakh VB ?

RyanaKZ

Teto's Territory
Hi , i am trying to make Kazakh VB and there is no reclist ( ofcourse...) but thats not the problem , my question is can one VB use VCV and CVVC at the same time.. or is it impossible ?

The reason is here . For example : Кітап алады = takes a book (read as > kitap aladi ) will be written like ( k3)(3t2)(2p)_(-a)(ala)(adi) . So u see , i need CVVC and VCV for kazakh , i guess . If i start recording the reclist cvvc and vcv separately but in one file and otoed separately but in one vb will it crash ?

U may wondering why don't i just try to do it to see it myself but i dont have my own laptop and if i use my parents' one they will ask me what am i doing and no they not gonna be happy , typical asian parent hating creative hobbies . I need to make her faster to show them the first kazakh vb ever made.

REINA (my utauloid doesnt have JP VB becuz she will not need it if i make kazakh VB , seriosly u can make her sing in japanese and english if i just make her kazakh VB , kazakh alphabets and vowel is flexible and u can use it as a multilingual VB so yeah i need help ) but dont worry i made the reclist its just the oto thats troubling me becus i cant choose one type and need two which is CVVC and VCV both in one VB.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
can one VB use VCV and CVVC at the same time

Yes. VCV by design is meant to have the most coverage. It's common place to have CV, CVVC, and VCV in a single bank for languages that can be used as such. Using all 3 together will not "break" UTAU. That said, VCV is really only viable for languages that are small in vowel number. For ex. Japanese (a, i, u, e, o).

Now, you mentioned Kazakh... Kazakh, English, and Japanese are not able to be cross referenced into a single bank unless it will be heavy in accent for the second and third language and you don't care about accent accuracy? English requires consonant clusters that don't exist in Kazakh or Japanese and phonetic and heavy UST editing will be necessary. VCV is going to be a royal pain for your intended main language (Kazakh - 12 vowels from the looks of wikipedia?). Can be done for Japanese (there are plenty of lists you can reference). English? No way in hell, to be perfectly honest. CVVC will be the only viable option for English and Kazakh. English can be difficult to do for a newb, non-native, or both. There's Delta's list, Chezzie's list, and Arpasing and none of those are compatible or foolproof when it comes to perfect coverage without reclist edits and add ons. I don't know anything about the Kazakh language, so you'll have to make this reclist using what you know about the language as a native speaker.

Reactions: RyanaKZ

RyanaKZ

Teto's Territory
Yes. VCV by design is meant to have the most coverage. It's common place to have CV, CVVC, and VCV in a single bank for languages that can be used as such. Using all 3 together will not "break" UTAU. That said, VCV is really only viable for languages that are small in vowel number. For ex. Japanese (a, i, u, e, o).

Now, you mentioned Kazakh... Kazakh, English, and Japanese are not able to be cross referenced into a single bank unless it will be heavy in accent for the second and third language and you don't care about accent accuracy? English requires consonant clusters that don't exist in Kazakh or Japanese and phonetic and heavy UST editing will be necessary. VCV is going to be a royal pain for your intended main language (Kazakh - 12 vowels from the looks of wikipedia?). Can be done for Japanese (there are plenty of lists you can reference). English? No way in hell, to be perfectly honest. CVVC will be the only viable option for English and Kazakh. English can be difficult to do for a newb, non-native, or both. There's Delta's list, Chezzie's list, and Arpasing and none of those are compatible or foolproof when it comes to perfect coverage without reclist edits and add ons. I don't know anything about the Kazakh language, so you'll have to make this reclist using what you know about the language as a native speaker.
Oh glad its possible we can use all three in one VB yaaay ♡ well~ ofcourse it would have an accent But it would sound better than jp >eng or eng > jp , and Maika the vocaloid is know for being multilingual but she has a lot of missing letter and vowels , compared to her.. kazakh will sound better if we need a multilingual VB ( kazakh is a good option is what i am trying to say ) jeez am i being too patriotic 9_9 well rn i need to be ..for the sake of my country , all i am saying is to justify why i am not gonna start with japanese or english VB to record , cuz a lot of people asked me that and i just didnt want to be asked again ... yes , i am a newbie i dont know a lot of things but i need to make kazakh VB rn before anything else , and thnx for taking ur time looking up things to replay to me more in detail ^w^. Actually i think i will edit my post a little bit removing the( she WONT NEED) thing .Also if i finish making the kazakh VB successfully ( hope my voice is good enough .. ;_; ) i would love to make jp and english VB i mean ,why not ? :smile:

Sorry if i offended you in anyway and thanks ♡

Last edited: