vccv questions??

ayatonic

emo lord
Defender of Defoko
so! i'm looking into possibly starting a vccv voicebank for my utau because my vcv is hopefully going to be finished soon and english lol

probably someone has maybe already asked this, but i'm wondering if it exactly HAS to be done in the oremo software??
i have oremo myself, and i know how it makes things more simple, but ive struggled in the past with trying to keep my consistency, and the auto removal of bgm background noise would mess with the quality of my samples. (i have a rather specific tone i want to go for, and thus ive just been using audacity to achieve it.)
but ive realized that (for vcv at least) timing really only mattered most when generating an oto to edit later on.
is this the same case for vccv?? (it will probably get messy without having oremo to keep track, but i'm only curiousss)

i really have an open mind about english utau, and i'm looking into trying it. if anyone can help me out, id be really grateful!!
that's all, unless anyone has anything else i should know before i start... please enlighten me! :0
ok byee

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Auto removal of background noise? OREMO doesn't do that. It simply records audio. The thing about VCCV is that it comes with guideBGM with particular timing, so the base OTO that comes with the reclist will fit very well if you use the guideBGM in OREMO. While you can do without, you risk straying off-pitch, as well as having to adjust the base OTO further than expected.
If you plan on doing any sample editing, you can set up effects chains in audacity to automatically apply effects to an entire folder of samples at once.

Alternatively, have you looked into Arpasing? Because Moresampler's OTO generator is analysis based and not timing-based, you can record with whatever speed and timing you want. The reason I highly recommend using OREMO for Arpasing is because I take advantage of the comment box feature to provide information about phonetics and approximate word pronunciations. However, you can still record with any other software by having the PDF open at the same time, which will tell you the phonemes and what to number the file.
http://khua5.web.engr.illinois.edu/moresampler/download/arpasing-toolkit-0.2.zip

Reactions: ayatonic and Zoku

ayatonic

emo lord
Defender of Defoko
Auto removal of background noise? OREMO doesn't do that. It simply records audio. The thing about VCCV is that it comes with guideBGM with particular timing, so the base OTO that comes with the reclist will fit very well if you use the guideBGM in OREMO. While you can do without, you risk straying off-pitch, as well as having to adjust the base OTO further than expected.
If you plan on doing any sample editing, you can set up effects chains in audacity to automatically apply effects to an entire folder of samples at once.

Alternatively, have you looked into Arpasing? Because Moresampler's OTO generator is analysis based and not timing-based, you can record with whatever speed and timing you want. The reason I highly recommend using OREMO for Arpasing is because I take advantage of the comment box feature to provide information about phonetics and approximate word pronunciations. However, you can still record with any other software by having the PDF open at the same time, which will tell you the phonemes and what to number the file.
http://khua5.web.engr.illinois.edu/moresampler/download/arpasing-toolkit-0.2.zip

ah, yes, ive read about arpasing!! it honestly sounds a lot easier than vccv, and i considered it a lot!
about the bgm removal thing, as a first time oremo user, the bgm i was using kept getting caught in my recording somehow. well, ive learned now, but i believe my earbuds were too close to the mic lol
anyways, i looked into vccv for the more abundant ust library, but the arpasing method is rather attractive to me too, haha.
thanks for the input!! i may just end up trying to make both. (with trying to use oremo again !) experience, lmao

Reactions: Kiyoteru