【UVF-PHILIPPINES】Fragment【TEAM ADOBO】

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
After some delays, it's finally here! Click on the link on the top part of the description to vote for us! (We have sexy men and sexy ladies plz vote for us lel)

If you want some insight into our entry (copy-pasted from the description because I'm lazy but if any of you have questions you want to ask, feel free to do so!)
The message we wanted to convey in our entry was made as a commentary on the UTAU community: from voicebank creators wanting their UTAU to grow popular to UTAU characters being eventually forgotten and the UTAU program soon to be unsupported due to the lack of compatibility of VB6 by 2024. The first half, the medley portion, is a representation of UTAUs starting out and eventually growing to be more developed and known through the two set of songs—classic Vocaloid songs from 2007-2010 and bandwagon cover songs in the UTAU community in 2016 and 2017, symbolizing the change of time and the growth of the UTAU. As seen in both medleys, the current generation presents new mixing techniques as opposed to the previous generation encompassing simple methods within free DAWs like Audacity. A big evidence of growth would be the voicebanks themselves. In the old medley, the UTAUs were used as CV with their older voicebanks (if they had one)—this symbolizes the simplicity of the overseas UTAU community wherein users were already satisfied with their UTAUs and covers without amounting to major oto configurations, mixing, and the number of pitches their voicebanks contained. Basically, this was the time before the community made way for multiple insecurities regarding the aforementioned aspects and with the said insecurities later becoming an openway or catalyst for users to abandon their own UTAUs. This is directly correlated to second half, the fragment portion, which symbolizes abandoned UTAUs and UTAUs that will inevitably be abandoned by their creators. The song fragment has the theme of being neglected and yearning for the past which can already be seen from once-popular UTAU that are no longer being used and no longer being given new voicebanks and a lot of UTAU users wanting to return to “the good old days” of UTAU. We did our best to spark heavy feelings, especially from long-time fans, by transitioning from the medley of classic Vocaloid songs to remind of the first days of being a vocal synth fan, to the medley of bandwagon cover song to allude to the present, and to the sorrowful song fragment to symbolize what may be of the future. The chosen UTAU we used are all Filipino-managed which can be seen as us using Philippine voicebanks to represent how we see the UTAU community going on through our eyes.

Script: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dtS7k9ae8WreWn7RkoJHaQqAKmE5BgU2ZLlaR0fYDRM/edit?usp=sharing

Song: fragment by ONOKEN
Midi by minome,tsunn, kimchi-tan, and UtaUtaUtau
Tuning: minome, kimchi-tan, UtaUtaUtau, Velvet, shiori
Mixing: Treble Confections (medleys), kimchi-tan & Velvet (fragment)
Artwork: shiori (medleys), minome (fragment)
Video: Ai (Treble Confections)
Special thanks: tsunn (midi), avant×garden (inspiration)

Some behind-the-scenes fun facts! (that will probably make you cry)
Total number of mixing tests (from kimchi's side): 73. Total size of this all: 354MB
upload_2017-10-14_14-47-14.png

Total amount of wavs renders: 113+ (Some are still inside the folders at the left. Medley renders not included)
upload_2017-10-14_14-48-55.png

It took 4 flps to mix my part of the mix since FL Studio kept overloading from the plugins I was using.
upload_2017-10-14_14-50-30.png

Total number of USTs: 76 more or less. There may be duplicates here, but the the usts for the medleys aren't included in this number.
upload_2017-10-14_14-52-51.png

The most convoluted part of the mix
upload_2017-10-14_14-56-35.png

A screenshot from our PV being edited.
22494574_1967668173512226_370103773_o.png

We made you cry even after watching our entry. You're welcome.

Last edited:

taigz

dead
Defender of Defoko
I'm sad about the future now thnx message
Loljk, it's still a good entry. I actually cried listening to this.

Reactions: kimchi-tan

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Added the SoundCloud upload to the first post. Reposts are very much appreciated!

@GARMuffin There's a bit of a confusion on whether the "you can't vote for your own country" applies to just the contestants or everyone in general. It's still being clarified by Kyo, so there's a chance you can vote for us :wink:

Reactions: taigz and Kiyoteru

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Turns out that everyone can't vote for their own country y-y

Added a "behind-the-scenes" section in the first post to "cheer" you guys up :^)

Reactions: taigz

RenzoA

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Your profile says that you live at both the UAE and Philippines. Where do you currently reside? If you're currently at the UAE, then you can vote for us! ovo
I currently reside in the UAE though. So its alright? (Cause when it said I cant vote for my own country I thought about my nationality xD)

Reactions: kimchi-tan

rmL

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hoooo, where do I begin?

The song definitely hit me with some strong emotions. It really reminded me of the time when the VOCALOID & UTAU community was bit more noisier. (around 2009-2014 IMO). I really felt the difference after returning here after 3-4 years of absence in both communities and I honestly feel a little a guilty now...

Great job TEAM ADOBO!! Ang gagaling niyo!
(and yes, I cried a little inside. Konti lang.)

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Hoooo, where do I begin?

The song definitely hit me with some strong emotions. It really reminded me of the time when the VOCALOID & UTAU community was bit more noisier. (around 2009-2014 IMO). I really felt the difference after returning here after 3-4 years of absence in both communities and I honestly feel a little a guilty now...

Great job TEAM ADOBO!! Ang gagaling niyo!
(and yes, I cried a little inside. Konti lang.)
Maraming salamat aaaasdasa

Yea it was a lot noiser back then from what I remember. Shame on me for being really shy back at 2013 since I must have missed out a lot :^(

Konti lang ha? hweh ;^)

Reactions: RenzoA and partial