UTSU - A cross-platform vocal synth frontend

sceryp0

Momo's Minion
I work on Utsu 1 hour per day and usually make 1 Github commit per day as well. You can see the list of commits here.

The list of remaining tasks before the 0.5 release is here. I'll probably make some smaller releases before 0.5 is finished.
utsu is r.i.p?????:bigtears::bigtears::bigtears::bigtears:

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The 0.4.4 update is now released! You can go here to find a Windows, Mac, and Linux installer. Of special note in this release is that several new features were made by community contributors! I mostly just worked on the bulk editor:

BulkEditor.png

• Bulk editor added!
    • Portamento editor:
      • Apply pitchbend to all notes or all selected notes.
      • Can filter out shorter notes.
      • Can filter to only rising or only falling notes.
      • Save your favorite pitchbends in a list to reuse them for later sessions!
    • Vibrato editor:
      • Apply vibrato to all notes or all selected notes.
      • Can modify visually or by typing in values.
      • Save your favorite vibratos in a list to reuse them for later sessions!
    • Envelope editor:
      • Apply envelope to all notes or all selected notes.
      • Can filter to notes directly before or after a rest note.
      • Save your favorite envelopes in a list to reuse them for later sessions!
  • UX changes.
    • Tweaked spacing/layout on some dialogs to make them look better in other languages.
    • New hotkeys for song editor:
      • W to rewind (V still works as well).
      • CTRL-SPACE to immediately replay current selection.
      • CTRL-SCROLL to zoom in/out vertically.
      • CTRL-ALT-SCROLL to zoom in/out horizontally.
    • New features for voicebank editor:
      • Play sound with resampler (CTRL-SPACE)
      • Play sound with resampler w/out modulation (CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE)
      • Can also select these two features from the right-click menu on the lyric config editor.
  • Translations.
    • Updated languages: Portuguese, French, Spanish, Japanese, and Chinese (Simplified)
    • Translations are a work in progress, not all messages will be translated!
  • Bug fixes.
    • Fixed bug that prevented some language preferences, including Chinese, from being saved.
    • No longer writes broken UST files on locales that use comma as decimal separator.
    • Fixed bug where unwanted "- " was added to some VC notes in CVVC voicebanks.
    • Can no longer open modal windows multiple times on Mac.
    • Already-rendered status bar messages re-render when language preference changes.

Future plans:
Adding the last few built-in tools before the 0.5 release. There may be an 0.4.5 release before then, depending on how long the new features take to build.
  • Spectrogram view for lyric config editor
  • Suffix broker
  • Reclist converter
Finally, UTSU has a Discord now! It's a good place to go if you have questions or want to brainstorm new features. Join at any time here.

Last edited:

Marcie.

Momo's Minion
Did any resamplers receive a Mac version in the end?
Sorry, I'm not too keen on wrapping things in Wine and I have no idea how to rebuild from source :cynical:

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi everyone! I decided to make a UTSU color scheme that mimics the VOCALOID2~4 interfaces. It's nothing special but I really enjoy it ^_^

EDIT: I also made an UTAU one even though i hate the UTAU interface lmfao, but its nice for familiarity and just fun i guess. Don't worry either im not going to spam this thread with color schemes i just thought these would be useful ^_^

To install this, launch UTSU, go to preferences under the "File" tab, and go to color scheme. Then, go to the gear icon and click import. Select the .txt file that's provided on this reply, and click apply. Then you're done, you have the Color Scheme installed :smile:

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    369.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.png
    2.png
    408.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 3.png
    3.png
    351.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 10.21.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 10.21.39 PM.png
    546.3 KB · Views: 14
  • VOCALOID.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.26 PM.png
    339.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 12.05.35 PM.png
    835.3 KB · Views: 14
  • UTAU.txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Reactions: ΑKYLAS

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm unsure if this was intentional or not but the kanji for UTSU (鬱) means depression LMFAO, however this kanji using the same prununctiaton as UTSU (移, however it could sound as utsuri or utsuru, so thats poses a problem) means "to move", which i think is appropriate because UTSU is meant to replace UTAU (and personally i think UTSU is a much better alternative, especially for mac users like myself). I'm not that fluent in Japanese anymore since i haven't spoke it years until November of 2020, so correct me if I'm wrong here!

Marcie.

Momo's Minion
This looks so cool!!
Hi everyone! I decided to make a UTSU color scheme that mimics the VOCALOID2~4 interfaces. It's nothing special but I really enjoy it ^_^

EDIT: I also made an UTAU one even though i hate the UTAU interface lmfao, but its nice for familiarity and just fun i guess. Don't worry either im not going to spam this thread with color schemes i just thought these would be useful ^_^

To install this, launch UTSU, go to preferences under the "File" tab, and go to color scheme. Then, go to the gear icon and click import. Select the .txt file that's provided on this reply, and click apply. Then you're done, you have the Color Scheme installed :smile:

D

Deleted member 8834

According to my friend who made the Windows installer, you can run the .bat file and it will run the program.

@Shasta
It seems like you will need to download Java 8 before the Windows installer will work. The instructions for it are here. Does that help?
what is the installer on those?which.PNG

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The 0.4.5 update is now released! You can go here to find a Windows, Mac, and Linux installer.

utsu_lyrics.png

Changes:
  • Bulk lyric editor added!
    • Lyric input tool:
      • Input any number of lyrics separated by whitespace.
      • Can validate that the number of lyrics is correct before applying.
    • Prefix/Suffix editor:
      • Add prefixes, remove prefixes, add suffixes, or remove suffixes in bulk.
      • "↑" and "↓" are included as default options.
      • Special option "C1-B7" removes all pitch prefixes/suffixes, or auto-adds them from prefix.map.
      • Save your favorite prefixes/suffixes in a list to reuse them for later sessions!
  • UX changes.
    • Moved Preferences on Mac from File menu to Application menu to feel more native.
    • Lyric entry is now done through a pop-out menu.
    • Both prefixes and suffixes from prefix.map are auto-added to note lyrics.
    • Added an "Open Recent" menu with a depth of 15 recent files.
    • In the voicebank editor, can now edit prefix as well as suffix in prefix.map.
  • Translations.
    • New languages: Dutch, Korean, and Czech
    • Updated language: Russian
    • Translations are a work in progress, not all messages will be translated!
  • Bug fixes.
    • Rewrote the frontend to work better with long USTs. Zooming in and out should be much faster!
    • Fixed some timing issues that were especially noticeable in VCV voicebanks.
    • Fixed scaling issue that was causing oto values to look off in voicebank editor.
    • Fixed bug where CSS wouldn't load properly on some Windows machines.
    • Fixed bug in bulk envelope editor where envelopes weren't cross-faded properly.
    • Fixed minor bugs in reading UST and oto.ini files.

Future plans:
UTSU is getting very close to its 0.5 release, which I've defined as "about the same features as UTAU." The few remaining features include
  • Spectrogram view for lyric config editor
  • CVVC <-> CV UST converter
  • VSQ, MIDI, USTX file import.
After that I'll start working on features that UTAU doesn't already have, like from-scratch voicebank creation and phoneme configuration. If you have questions or want to brainstorm new features, please join the Discord here!

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aaaah new update! The VCV timing bug was a huge drawback for me and after using the new update, it makes the biggest difference! Quick question though, how would I wrap a resampler in wine? I've already have wine ready and I've installed UTAU and DeepVocal using it, but I'm not sure how to go about wrapping resamplers ;-;

Lethe

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Aaaah new update! The VCV timing bug was a huge drawback for me and after using the new update, it makes the biggest difference! Quick question though, how would I wrap a resampler in wine? I've already have wine ready and I've installed UTAU and DeepVocal using it, but I'm not sure how to go about wrapping resamplers ;-;
It's not easy to do, but it's possible. You'll need a program called wine32on64 that lets you run 32-bit programs on the latest Mac versions. The "moresampler.sh" file here has instructions on how to install wine32on64.

Then you can write the following bash script:

#!/bin/bash
LANG="ja_JP.UTF8" wine32on64 "/absolute/path/to/your/resampler.exe" "${@,-1}"

and you should be able to give that script to Utsu instead of the usual resampler/wavtool executable.

Reactions: feelingiconiic

feelingiconiic

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It's not easy to do, but it's possible. You'll need a program called wine32on64 that lets you run 32-bit programs on the latest Mac versions. The "moresampler.sh" file here has instructions on how to install wine32on64.

Then you can write the following bash script:

#!/bin/bash
LANG="ja_JP.UTF8" wine32on64 "/absolute/path/to/your/resampler.exe" "${@,-1}"

and you should be able to give that script to Utsu instead of the usual resampler/wavtool executable.
Thank you! I'll definitely try this today and let you know how it goes!

cloudyyskie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
IM SO BEHIND ON THIS WHAT?? 11 PAGES IVE MISSED WTH I'D SAY I'M REALLY ACTIVE HOW DID I MISS THIS??
I'm gonna be honest, when I saw the thread at first I went "Oh no, an UTAU clone that looks basically the same" but the more I look at this the cooler it is!! I'm 100% behind this and when my life gets less hectic I'll absolutely mess with this software!! This is amazing, you're truly a coding saint lol. From everything I'm hearing this sounds great!! Amazing job!!!