[UTAUカバー] Saiki Osen - Bacterial Contamination ~Ruko Power ♂️~

Krinora

Momo's Minion
came for ruko but stayed because this isn't half bad!! one suggestion i'd make is to raise the volume on the vocals because the instrumental kinda drowns them out here, but maybe that's just personal preference. A little bit of EQing doesn't hurt either.

I gave you a like! :sing:

Reactions: Big_B

AnimeaSPrin

Momo's Minion
came for ruko but stayed because this isn't half bad!! one suggestion i'd make is to raise the volume on the vocals because the instrumental kinda drowns them out here, but maybe that's just personal preference. A little bit of EQing doesn't hurt either.

I know right!!! The instrumental was so loud, and I had the vocals all the way up and they were still quiet- I blame the instrumental. XD
But thank you!!~
[doublepost=1587690720][/doublepost]

Also, could you give me some advice on how to EQ? Never done it before.

Krinora

Momo's Minion
well i'm no EQing god... (admittedly, i'm still learning mixing myself)

i usually go about EQing by trying to listen for what the voice needs most, in terms of frequency adjustments. I think if you'd do a quick search you'll find lots of guides and videos that can explain the very basics of EQing for beginners. better than me trying to explain like a nub yknow :smile:

Reactions: AnimeaSPrin

Sheanna122

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Some good rules of thumb to apply to mixing.

1. Lowering the instrumental is never a bad thing. You can lower it by a limiter, which is what I usually do, or you can use the knobs for volume in your DAW. Usually lowering it to -6 db is helps.

2. Make sure that your vocals are compressed after EQ. If you compress then EQ, you will have uneven vocals, which will make them sound muddy.

3. It seems like your EQ may need to be improved by reducing some of the lower frequencies (around 200-500hz.)

4. I can tell that there's no ceiling set to this track and no limiter on the master track. Limiters help with creating ceilings for certain platforms like SoundCloud. Soundcloud requires a -1.5 db ceiling to prevent clipping.

Reactions: AnimeaSPrin