utau xsy

mattzelo6

Teto's Territory
So, I know it's not actually legit XSY, but it's close to what it's supposed to sound like. I'll make this short and sweet.

I've seen several things done with taking a vst called morph, and using it to create an xsy effect with utaus or utau an vocaloids- on soundcloud. I think the vst costs money, and I'm wondering if there are other methods or vst that have the same effect.

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Zynaptic Morph is the only vst I know of that functions in this manner.
An alternative to using Morph would be to use a vocoder with another voice as the carrier.

Reactions: sailor _ravioli

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
So, I know it's not actually legit XSY, but it's close to what it's supposed to sound like. I'll make this short and sweet.

I've seen several things done with taking a vst called morph, and using it to create an xsy effect with UTAU (plural) or utau an vocaloids- on soundcloud. I think the vst costs money, and I'm wondering if there are other methods or vst that have the same effect.
There is a trial for the morph vst, I'm not entirely sure what the capabilities of the trial are, but I believe you have to buy the main program itself to open the vst, as it does not work in FL from what I know due to no useful tutorials for morph that I could find

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
I have a resampler patcher sitting on my HDD. Maybe I can add XSY functionality to it but sadly, my patcher is really slow and buggy.

riptunes

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I have a resampler patcher sitting on my HDD. Maybe I can add XSY functionality to it but sadly, my patcher is really slow and buggy.
What's a resampler patcher and how does it work? I'm really curious..

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
What's a resampler patcher and how does it work? I'm really curious..
You probably should of searched the forum or asked in chat as it's kinda off topic.
It basically goes between utau and the resampler so more than one instance of the resampler can run at the same time and thus render faster.

Reactions: melobuniiP

riptunes

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You probably should of searched the forum or asked in chat as it's kinda off topic.
It basically goes between utau and the resampler so more than one instance of the resampler can run at the same time and thus render faster.
Oh no, I know what it does, but I'm actually curious about how you can modify it to add xsy functionality. ;;v; sorry for the misunderstanding

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh, my apologies.

And on the previous thing, unless the resampler patcher is open source and/or you are allowed to modify it/it's code then you're not going to be adding XSY to it. Not to mention that there would be absolutely no way to actually use it unless a bunch of tools/plugins were created for this propose.
You can't just overlap different banks to merge the sound, that wouldn't work. Since they would be the same voice/pitch you would encounter an issue of them combing/phasing each other out. There are ways to do it but idk if anyone would be willing to work on it to that extent?

Mametchi

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I imagine it would take making a whole new resampler (and probably wavtool) designed to morph voicebanks together. With a plugin used to tell it which voicebank to morph. And then you'd just use flags to designate the intensity of the xsy.

The problem would be that it'd take a long time since it has to do the morphing business.

na4a4a

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
The only free alternative to Zynaptic Morph and similar plugins is Martin Brinkmann's "Morf1"
http://www.martin-brinkmann.de/plugs.html
Simply take two tracks and make them a single stereo track (this can be done via track grouping or nesting in your DAW) and there you have it.

Mind you that it's a bit more limited. It cannot blend/morph between two sources with different relative pitches and certain settings may introduce a crap-ton of artifacting but it's the best you got in terms of something easy.

I imagine it would take making a whole new resampler (and probably wavtool) designed to morph voicebanks together. With a plugin used to tell it which voicebank to morph. And then you'd just use flags to designate the intensity of the xsy.

The problem would be that it'd take a long time since it has to do the morphing business.
I think that moresampler (or more specifically libllsm?) might be able to do this with some clever messing about considering how it works...

Last edited: