UTAU won't work on Windows 10! (PROBLEM SOLVED)

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hi! Few days ago my mom updated our PC from Windows7 to Windows10 and everything seemed to be fine before I tried to render a wav file.....Please see these videos so you can understand what I'm talking about tbh :

https://twitter.com/JasminHaapala/status/751824567098892288

https://twitter.com/JasminHaapala/status/751837390466064384

I've tried to figure this out for few days already and I haven't found any helpful tutorials nor gotten any glues how to fix this problem. I have even tried to reinstall UTAU etc.

All of my region settings (or w/e they're called as) are fine....(?)

And when I'm not selecting the 'Use resampler.dll (setting isn't saved to the project' and I'm leaving the box blank....everything goes crazy again. Yes it will render the wav file that way BUT now I can't use VCV voicebanks or then UTAU will mess up and then those VCV banks will sound like they would be poorly otoed even if they aren't! It is quite the same with any voicebank (even CVs!) actually if I let that box blank... Q A Q );;

So yeah...I REALLY DO NEED HELP and I hope that there's someone who could help me.....all answers and help is appreciated! ;v;

P.S I know this sounds really REALLY stupid but I promise to make an UTAU cover with their UTAUloid who can help me to solve this problem! ;__; </3

Last edited:

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Windows OS as of 8, 8.1, and 10, now require administrative permissions to run UTAU so long as it's in the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folder.One fix would be to relocate the entire UTAU directory to another location (Document library for ex.) and fix your settings to reflect the change in location (delete your icon in start/on desktop and make a new shortcut, make sure the voice folder points to the new location through options, etc.).

Alternatively (if you don't want to change directories and all that), just set the entire UTAU folder permissions so that you have full control over it. This will mean running as admin and dealing with UAC (if it's not switched off), but it's a minor nag in comparison (imho) than waiting for items to transfer, fixing settings, etc. If you share a computer and don't have an administrative account (or if your account is locked down by your parents), you may have to get your mom to do this for you (if she doesn't trust you with the admin password).

- Right click the UTAU folder
- Go to properties
- Go to the Security tab, scroll down til you see Users
- Press the edit button and set permissions to Full Control.
- Press Apply and Okay and you should get a progress bar while permissions are setting

After either of those suggestions, you should be able to use UTAU normally.

Reactions: jasmin00

jasmin00

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Windows OS as of 8, 8.1, and 10, now require administrative permissions to run UTAU so long as it's in the Program Files/Program Files (x86) folder.One fix would be to relocate the entire UTAU directory to another location (Document library for ex.) and fix your settings to reflect the change in location (delete your icon in start/on desktop and make a new shortcut, make sure the voice folder points to the new location through options, etc.).

Alternatively (if you don't want to change directories and all that), just set the entire UTAU folder permissions so that you have full control over it. This will mean running as admin and dealing with UAC (if it's not switched off), but it's a minor nag in comparison (imho) than waiting for items to transfer, fixing settings, etc. If you share a computer and don't have an administrative account (or if your account is locked down by your parents), you may have to get your mom to do this for you (if she doesn't trust you with the admin password).

- Right click the UTAU folder
- Go to properties
- Go to the Security tab, scroll down til you see Users
- Press the edit button and set permissions to Full Control.
- Press Apply and Okay and you should get a progress bar while permissions are setting

After either of those suggestions, you should be able to use UTAU normally.
OH MY GOSH! You're a real life saver! : D
Thank you SO SO SOOOOOOOO much!!!!! Now it works again!!! AAAA--- <33
I'll do a cover with your UTAU as an ''Thank you'' and yeah I'm still working on those drawings lmao
[doublepost=1468145095][/doublepost]
If you still need help
A freind of mine has made a tutorial

Wahh Thank you so much for linking that tutorial but 수연 <Suyeon> already fixed my problem! C:
Thank you so much tho~

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Sorry I only just saw your comment on deviant art this morning ; u ;'' I'm very sorry! I'm glad it's all better now! ; 7 ;

Reactions: jasmin00

justsomenerd

Teto's Territory
Hello!
I have a similar problem after recently having to update to windows 10, but doing the full control setting did not fix anything, I even set my own account as the owner, but no difference. I keep getting the "Could not generate wav file error".

I also tried running it in compatibility mode (tried both windows 8 and 7) but to no avail.

I'm at a loss as to what to do now.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
One fix would be to relocate the entire UTAU directory to another location (Document library for ex.) and fix your settings to reflect the change in location (delete your icon in start/on desktop and make a new shortcut, make sure the voice folder points to the new location through options, etc.).

justsomenerd

Teto's Territory
One fix would be to relocate the entire UTAU directory to another location (Document library for ex.) and fix your settings to reflect the change in location (delete your icon in start/on desktop and make a new shortcut, make sure the voice folder points to the new location through options, etc.).

I tried that too earlier, but unless I missed a setting change that did not work either