UTAU Synth Blank prefix map problem

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
hi there.
i quit utau for a while and im back now.
i had this issue a lot back then and i never solved it, but basically sometimes when I use certain UTAUs and import them into the program, the prefix map becomes blank. Even though the utau does come with a prefix map(i checked the files and stuff). So basically the program won't render any notes and i can't use the UTAU.
sometimes if im lucky the problem gets fixed if i just redownload the UTAU. i usually try to fill in the prefix map manually but then it doesn't save even when i click the write button or save the ust. it gets annoying when you try to use banks with a lot of different pitches and stuff.
i've had this problem with gekiyaku, number bronze, and gahata meiji. with number bronze and gahata i remember i tried to redownload them back then but it didn't fix the problem. gekiyaku was a hit or miss.
does anyone know how to fix this?
thanks in advance.

Gekiyaku

Ruko's Ruffians
Are there subfolders in your utau's vb folder ? If there is then you may have to transfer everything from the subfolders to the main folder . I'm assuming the prefix folder may be in the subfolder.

( UTAU cannot read subfolders )

I hope this helps:wink:

Reactions: m170

m170

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Are there subfolders in your utau's vb folder ? If there is then you may have to transfer everything from the subfolders to the main folder . I'm assuming the prefix folder may be in the subfolder.

( UTAU cannot read subfolders )

I hope this helps:wink:

Hmm, for Gahata Meiji though her prefix map isn't in a subfolder though. Have no idea what the problem is.

123happily

Momo's Minion
Hi! It's my first time posting here so I'm not sure what I'm doing, but I found a solution to this issue and just had to share it.

When you 'write' or 'save' the prefix map on utauSynth, it doesn't save it properly. In the root folder, there's 'prefix.map' or just 'prefix', then there's 'prefixmap' or 'prefix map.txt' or something similar. The first option is the built-in prefix map that for whatever reason it can't read, maybe garbled encoding or whatever. No problem! The second one (prefixmap or prefix map.txt) is a correctly configured prefix map that will work. So, you might be wondering, what the heck is going on?

Well, every time utauSynth goes to look for the prefix map, it ignores the one that YOU make, and tries to load the broken, old one instead. So!

The solution is to delete the old prefix map, and rename the new one to prefix.map. DOUBLE CHECK (Mac - 'get info', windows, 'properties') that its just that name.

should work! good luck!