UTAU singing static?

kedarui

Momo's Minion
so i finally finished making my voicebank after hours of recording and double checking i recorded all the notes, then when i Finally got UTAU to cooperate with me and play any sort of sound, the only thing that comes out is static. like, it sounds like something you'd hear while getting blasted in both ears with a torrent of water. it's so difficult to explain, but static is the best thing i can come up with.

this is my first time EVER using UTAU, so i don't know what anything is or how to use anything properly. the program is freshly downloaded and the only thing in it so far is my UTAU's voicebank, the default UTAU, and 2 plugins i installed so i could convert hiragana usts to romaji (my UTAU's vb is romaji). i don't know what resamplers are, i don't know what wavtools are, i don't know what Anything is. how do i get this thing to SING?

vlbonnie

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
You're probably going to need to set up an oto.ini for your voicebank. This is a configuration file that tells UTAU how to play back the sounds you tell it to: what parts it can stretch or loop for longer notes, as well as where the parts of the .wav file go. I do know if you have certain parts overlapping, it can cause the static noise you're talking about.

If you go to Tools at the top of the screen and select the first option(Or press Alt, then T, then hit ENTER), you should be able to see your UTAU's oto.ini. If you haven't set one up yet, I'd be fine otoing your voicebank for you. Or, if you'd like to do it yourself, I found this tutorial to be really helpful.
https://ch.nicovideo.jp/delta_kimigatame/blomaga/ar533241
Judging by your previous posts, you're making a CV utau, so just ignore the VC stuff for now.

Another thing I'd recommend is watching some of Yuunari's tutorials. These were a big help to me when I first started using UTAU and taught me a lot about how to use the program. Here's the playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVcRferHkEwJFkDJtvoJ9YxrGUnkpYa5X

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ensure that you're able to use UTAU normally by using an existing public voicebank. That way, you can narrow down the issue to your voicebank only.

When using premade USTs, make sure to clear the parameters first. Select all notes, right click, go to Region Properties, and clear out the Preutterance, Overlap, Consonant Velocity, Flags, STP, and set Modulation to 0. After that, use the buttons in the top right corner to reset the envelopes and crossfade using either P1P4 or P2P3. (Both will give you the same results, and the difference only matters if you don't reset the envelopes first or if you plan on editing the envelopes after crossfading.)

If you're still having issues with your own voicebank and no other voicebanks, it does sound like you need to properly configure the OTO. Here's a detailed guide on how the OTO window is laid out and how to configure a CV Japanese voicebank. https://utaforum.net/resources/cv-otoing-guide.269/

The reason you're getting a static-y noise is because by default, every individual note in UTAU gets normalized, or has its volume changed to the same level. If your samples start with silence (which they should! Make sure there's enough space at the beginning of your samples) then tiny amounts of noise are being amplified to the normal volume for a singing vocal. When you move the Offset value of the OTO, UTAU will start playing the samples from that point in time without needing to manually edit the audio files.

If the waveform looks abnormal in the OTO editor, like it's just completely blue, then it's likely that you have a problem with the formatting with the files. For maximum compatibility, the files should be WAV files, mono channel, 16 bit depth, and 44.1kHz sample rate. Since you mentioned you were using OREMO in another thread, you won't need to worry, since those are the default settings it uses. But this is something you should be aware of if you are ever recording or editing with other software.

kedarui

Momo's Minion
You're probably going to need to set up an oto.ini for your voicebank. This is a configuration file that tells UTAU how to play back the sounds you tell it to: what parts it can stretch or loop for longer notes, as well as where the parts of the .wav file go. I do know if you have certain parts overlapping, it can cause the static noise you're talking about.

If you go to Tools at the top of the screen and select the first option(Or press Alt, then T, then hit ENTER), you should be able to see your UTAU's oto.ini. If you haven't set one up yet, I'd be fine otoing your voicebank for you. Or, if you'd like to do it yourself, I found this tutorial to be really helpful.
https://ch.nicovideo.jp/delta_kimigatame/blomaga/ar533241
Judging by your previous posts, you're making a CV utau, so just ignore the VC stuff for now.

Another thing I'd recommend is watching some of Yuunari's tutorials. These were a big help to me when I first started using UTAU and taught me a lot about how to use the program. Here's the playlist.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVcRferHkEwJFkDJtvoJ9YxrGUnkpYa5X
i actually have an oto file already! i don't know if it like, worked or not but i do have one! i also use moresampler as my resampler after looking further into things. like i said though, i don't know if the oto file even works so i'm probably just gonna commission someone to fix my issues for me when i have the money ahaaa T_T.....

yeah i'm working on a CV UTAU, everything else is too complicated for me especially as a beginner. yuunari's tutorials are actually what got me wanting to try to make an UTAU again! i have a basic understanding of the program itself, but when it comes to voicebank management and getting the program to *work*..... that's another story lol