UTAU Secret Santa 2012

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
don'tknowifsomebodyalreadystartedoneupbut...
Hey, I've decided to run an UTAU Secret Santa!! If you have any questions, don't hesitate in asking me!

TL;DR VERSION ON TUMBLR ->http://papandad.tumblr.com/post/33325698989/shorter-version-of-utau-secret-santa-details

BTW Tumblr tag is: utau secret santa 2012

Outline
*You DON'T have to own any UTAU! But be prepared that everything you'll request, draw and possibly render (music/video) will all be UTAU related.
**When sending me ANY information (ex.sign up), please leave me a message on DA or YT. I check those two the most and if you send me an ask on tumblr for example, I might not see it by mistake. ;o; [PandaLolii on both.]

-Sign up starts October 11th (Thursday/Tomorrow) and ends November 1st. [I think that'll give you enough time for gifts. If you want the deadline extended, leave a DA or UTAforum comment.] (See below for how to sign up.)
-I'll use a generator or get a friend to match some names and inbox you within the following week. (If you don't have anyone, please tell me!)
-I'll upload a master list of everyone + contacts + wishlist.
-Guys, I can't stress this enough but put quality into your work!
The UTAU community is fairly small so if you make a flop just to get a free art/UTAU use, we can tell??? Please make it special and maybe you can even meet a few new cool UTAU or friends and stuff dsafsdfasdf
-That said, if you don't have time, don't sign up instead of giving a half-assed piece of work.
If suddenly you can't finish your half, PM with me by the end of the first week in December preferably. (So I have time to try to work something out.)

-From December 22nd to January 1st, you can start sending gifts. [Please link me too so I can cross your name off the list.]
-If for some reason, you don't get a gift by the end of the first week of January, PM me and I'll wip you up a sketch of your UTAU! ;o; I'd also appreciate any volunteers to help me for anyone who gets a no-show Secret Santa!

• Yoi will be helping me with no-shows as well!
---
>No-shows will show up on the master list (public too) and you'll be blacklisted for any future UTAU Secret Santa events.
-For absolutely no reason other than your partner being banned or are unable to get their half done will allow you to get re-assigned another person. Like the other user or not, please respect them and put as much effort as you would for anyone else.

---
Uploading
>Art uploads to DA, tumblr (tag = UTAU Secret Santa 2012), Anipan, Pixiv (avoid since some people might not have it) etc. (NO sta.sh/scraps (DA) please. ) Videos on YT or Nico, not soundtracks on Soundcloud/Tumblr etc please.

--

-Name
-Which category
you'd like to participate in
-3 Contact (Ordered from checked most frequently to checked least frequently)
-3 UTAU Options.
(It doesn't matter if you don't have 3 UTAU, pick someone else's that you like just as much! I might lower it to 2 if people complain, but we must give the artist some freedom in case the design clashes with their preferences. [Like for example, if you only have a furry UTAU but your secret santa has little experience drawing them???])
>Write it in a DA journal or tumblr/blog post with as many details as you find fit. Ex. Ref, Personality, VB demo, VB DL [If necessary.] Order from most preferred to least preferred if you want an order?
*If you do not have either of those, talk to me about any other site. Last resource is leaving your wishlist in the UTAforum thread.

***If working with voicebanks too, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me (via your wishlist) if you have any restrictions (ex. Don't know how to use VCV/CV VC, can't use hiragana etc.) Likewise, please leave quick details about your UTAU's VB so I can match everyone well. (This is the only one where some of it can't be generated randomly if that's okay with everyone.)

---
Categories
----------
***Making an MMD model counts for making art I guess? ;;
Art Only
Basically art trades.
UTAU Videos Only
Video trades where you do NOT draw for the coverart as well.
Art + Videos
Video trade where you provide coverart + regular UTAU cover stuff.
Art for Video/Video for Art
People will draw for their half and the other makes a video for the other in return. [Your own art for the video is not required.]

Okay so, I'm going to be a mean ol' spirit-crusher and put quality-cuts (? idk how to describe it.)

-No bases. (And obviously, no tracing or art edits/recolours etc too.)
-Finished work only. [no scribbles/doodles, sketches etc.]
-The UTAUs you choose MUST have a relatively proper oto. (Leave a sample please.) Because I mean, if I got your UTAU and had to end up re-otoing a whole VCV bank just to make a cover with it, well, that's no fun at all. And frankly, not fair.

-There has got to be some effort evident in your video.
>UTAU is an easy plug-and-play program. That's why I'm asking that you make your Secret Santa covers somewhat special or look like you cared.
Examples of what you can do:
UST
-Edit envelopes (really!! if you crossfade vowels, it means you at least checked the UST and that would be nice already???)
-Pitchbend/Vibrato edits
-Improvs
-Make a UST
-etc

Video
-Subtitles
-MMD videos? (I don't have much experience with it but it seems better than a still picture?)
-Video effects
-Animation
-etc

[I will cut a little slack if you drew the art as well.]

You get the idea. You don't have to make something for both UST and Video extraordinary / heavy-duty editing but something and enough to show a bit of effort at least.
Sorry if this sounds constricting but if you don't plan on trying at all for this, please don't join???

----

Invitations!!

If you'd like to invite some fellow UTAU fans/users, please leave me their contacts (DA, Tumblr, YT only please) and I'll send them a link in their inboxes!! Please avoid anyone that will cause any language confusion. < A >;;
I'm going to write something like "You've been invited to UTAU Secret Santa by (so and so)! Information:[Link]" Automatically, I'll leave your username, but if you want, you can tell me to say "anon" instead.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko

Misha

Momo's Minion
Question! I'm sorry if you addressed it.
I know a secret santa is supposed to be random and all that, but will it be done by category? Because if I'm going art + video, but someone gets my utau and is only doing art, well, its not really a fair trade. I know we aren't like required to do both, but just in general...
I do like the idea though and will probably join.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Misha link said:
Question! I'm sorry if you addressed it.
I know a secret santa is supposed to be random and all that, but will it be done by category? Because if I'm going art + video, but someone gets my utau and is only doing art, well, its not really a fair trade. I know we aren't like required to do both, but just in general...
I do like the idea though and will probably join.

Oh, sorry, I guess I wasn't clear about that! But yes, it's definitely sorted out within each category to keep things fair! ;v;

MixyHope39

Teto's Territory
Aww, this sounds like a lot of fun.
Now I wish my computer didn't perma-died on me along with my UTAU and art programs. D:
oh well. There's always next year

All I can say right now is, I hope it goes well for you, Panda, and that everyone enjoys themselves! ^^

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I would try but I don't want anyone to feel slighted when my contribution sucks. :X

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Ant link said:
I would try but I don't want anyone to feel slighted when my contribution sucks. :X

Ahh, I'm sorry if the "rules" sounded a little demanding and if it even..like scared you away. ;x; Don't be worried about your skill if that's what you meant!! What I was really trying to get as is "as long as you won't make your work sloppy, please feel free to join!!" wahhh sorryyy ;;; and if I totally have the wrong idea, sorry again x o x;;

MixyHope39 link said:
Aww, this sounds like a lot of fun.
Now I wish my computer didn't perma-died on me along with my UTAU and art programs. D:
oh well. There's always next year

All I can say right now is, I hope it goes well for you, Panda, and that everyone enjoys themselves! ^^

Oh, that's a shame! Yeah, maybe next year but thanks for the support! ^o^

Miramiee

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
XD I really want to do this but my computer sucks so bad honestly OTL. I'm scared I might make some terrible freaking cover and get banned OTL. /cannotuploadfullscreenvideosproperly.

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Miramiee link said:
XD I really want to do this but my computer sucks so bad honestly OTL. I'm scared I might make some terrible freaking cover and get banned OTL. /cannotuploadfullscreenvideosproperly.

QAQ waaahhh darnit did i sound too scary with all that banning stuff? ;; lmao
Do not worry!! Banning only happens when you don't do anything. >o< (and like harassment etc ofc xD; ) I'm sure you'll do a great job with effort, you know! ovo/ Btw traditional art is always accepted too if you're worried about your computer! =v=b

TheSnowSongstress

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
i feel like i have the worst art in the art + video category ; 3 ;
BABY (whoever i get) I MUST FIND A SONG FOR CHU AND MAKE A UST

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PandaLolii link said:
[quote author=Ant link=topic=3754.msg27129#msg27129 date=1349958835]

Ahh, I'm sorry if the "rules" sounded a little demanding and if it even..like scared you away. ;x; Don't be worried about your skill if that's what you meant!! What I was really trying to get as is "as long as you won't make your work sloppy, please feel free to join!!" wahhh sorryyy ;;; and if I totally have the wrong idea, sorry again x o x;;
[/quote]

Ah. How long do we have to do the art/when will we know what we will be drawing? If I have a lot of time to really work on it then I may enter. :3

Edit: wow it's in the OP. fail. Sure, sign me up. ^_^

-Name: Ant
-Which category you'd like to participate in: Art -> Art (art only)
-3 Contact: Here on UF, VO (same username), DA: KyokuseiJiseki (rarely ever check it, though)
-3 UTAUs: Kyokusei Jiseki, Fuuko Zonbi, CZLoid

I'll do the DA Journal soon.

Edit: done. http://kyokuseijiseki.deviantart.com/journal/

I'll try my best! C:

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
BloodyAngel971 link said:
I want to join, but I'm a little scared if I do something wrong ;w; and I'm super shy >.>;;

I'm sure you won't~ ; o ; The only thing wrong you could do is not make a gift for your recipient. xD; We would love to have you as a participant too if you'd like to! <3

Rei-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I know this is alitte weird but....what is secret santa? ;w; I am alittle confused on how it works...

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Rei-Chan link said:
I know this is alitte weird but....what is secret santa? ;w; I am alittle confused on how it works...

Secret Santa is kinda like a super big trade! You will be assigned someone to make a gift for~ Ofc nobody knows (or should know lmao) who's drawing for whom. =v=b So yep, just make a gift depending on their wishlist and make sure it's ready by gift-giving time~ =u= )/ Hope that helps~

PandaLolii

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Alright, updated! Hopefully I didn't make any mistakes, but please tell me if I have!