• Fantasy Based

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Historical/Steampunk

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So..I kind of want to boost up my activity on here and make some friends I can talk to more often... The best way that I end up doing it is by roleplaying, but I don't know what I am going to make it about. I know it'd be pretty small, around 5-8 people max because more than that is just...Bad. For me.. @_@; And I don't want it to be something super cliche..I don't know. ;3 ;''

Just..throw some ideas my way? ; v ; I just really want to use Yuumei and stop the boredom... > m<

Also, know that once I get a solid idea and enough people interested, this thread will be deleted and replaced with the actual roleplay and an OOC thread, so try not to get too comfy here. :'D'''''

EDIT-

So, I've got a good few amounts of ideas for a new upcoming roleplay, here's what they are. A vote would be nice to see what we're going to go with. If you're too shy to post it in here, send me a message and I'll tally it up. :3

Virus Taking over UTAU- 3

Fantasy Based-

History Based/Steampunk- 1

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Ideas...

Well, we already have two slice-of-life roleplays. Which, honestly, are the easiest to work with, but the problem is that drama is voluntary, and people don't really know what to do all the time.

We tried fantasy, that didn't really work.
We could try it again, but there would need to be story events to move it along (whoever creates the roleplay usually does that, and there isn't a discussion of what that event is unless someone circumvents it without knowing)

I would really love to see fantasy again. Or some sort of sci-fi UTAU vs. some computer error or virus.
I also saw a cool TRON based roleplay, which works since UTAU is a program.

...but those are all roleplays of the past, so back to brainstorming if you want something new.

Post-apocalypse?
Mythology?
There are many types of fantasy after all...supermatural, horror, and mythology can all be counted as fantasy.
What about some sort of tournament event?

...It might be a good idea to have a separate OOC or plot discussion thread if the RP is complicated.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I'm not the biggest fan of slice-of-life roleplays myself. Since I'm used to more fantasy/sci-fi and all the like roleplaying, it's not as appealing to me without some sort of underlying, fantastical reasons behind what's going on within the town, school, whatever. .3 .

I'm actually surprised to hear that Fantasy hadn't work, seeing as UTAUs could be very easily incorporated into something like that, in my opinioon. Guess it depends on a person's experience with fantasy?

I actually adore teh idea of UTAU vs. a computer error virus. There's quite a bit of potential to it and it could lead to perhaps some UTAU not even knowing that they're infected, kind of like a werewolf/vampire complex or something. :U

Then again, Mythology also sounds fun, but with the virus thing, like I mentioned, it could be kind of a werewolf/cyber vampire complex where an UTAU kills or does some harm without noticing, so they could be prone to believing it's some sort of killer, mythological beast.. > 3>

Tournament? Also workable, hm... .  u.

That's actually what I've been planning regardless if the plot is complicated or not, that way people can iron out ideas. c8

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Yeah, it was a real shame it didn't work. I don't really think anyone knew where they were going with it, which is why I suggested story events (that's how another RP I'm in plans to keep it going). Plus there were too many people roleplaying evil in comparison to good characters.

As for the sci-fi one, we ran into the problem of nobody knew what to do, which seems to be the main problem with RP's around here.
Personally I'm for the concept of the werewolf/vampire thing where they attack against their will or act weird, as long as there aren't cyber-vampires or werewolves. I view it also as some sort of disease that can either turn them into killers or kill them like a sickness, if that makes sense.

Aww man, they all sound good right now...how can I decide??

Good to hear that you're making an OOC thread; I think that's why so many RP's on VO are successful (well thought out and lots of plot input!) :smile:

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Which is why I'm trying to formulate ideas so I can get a solid plot going. I feel that if we have a structued plot, people will somewhat know what to do. And if not, they can just come to the OOC and simply ask. That's what roleplaying artners are for, collaboration!

Yeah, there wouldn't be any actual vampires or werewolves, just the assumption that there's something out there that's killing like the two mentioned beasts. :3 It'd also be kind of fun to picture some of the UTAU being infected, like they'd take on this monochromatic colour scheme with long black claws, white fangs and blazing red eyes, and then the UTAU that aren't infected try finding the beasts without knowing their friends are their worst enemies. :'D I don't like the thought of killing off anyone's UTAU, so I think I'd make like stock characters and kill them off by the sickness, just s everyone's still in. ;w ;

As for which to choose, I do agree with you. Both are real tempting.. * 7 *

I always try making an OOC, for any sort of roleplay I'm in~ 8D It's not only a good way to get input, but blow off some steam and, perhaps, even come up with ideas accidentally. x3

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
I think we already narrowed it down to fantasy or sci-fi! (haha)

So...beast transformations, huh? I can see that happening at extreme stages of the virus, and maybe in milder cases they'd just go crazy or fail to function of something... Of course, the ability to transform kind of depends on whether UTAUs are software living in a cyber world or robots/artificial intelligence humanoid computers. Because the transformation thing is kind of permanent for robots if imagine.

I also thought of a historical themed RP as an idea just now, but I think I'll let other people comment.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Then that's a good thing! ; v;

OOh, but do share the idea, we can add a third option and then a poll to see what the lurkers think. ow o

And then from there we can make a list of those who really wanna participate. Like I've mentioned before, I think the max will be around 7 or 8. It's easier to keep track of who can participate, what's going on, and whatnot. I want to manage this like I manage my other roleplays, so I'd like to be well informed when I can be. ;w ;

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Ok, well since you asked about the historical-themed one, I thought a Victorian/Sherlock Holmes-era RP in London or Europe or whatever could be interesting. We could even go steampunk :wink:

But yes, I'd like to see what the lurkers think.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Aaaaanybody gonna vote on which they like? -3-;;

Kero

Momo's Minion
I feel like maybe the number one problem with fantasy + UTAU is that UTAU = singing robots/people/whatever, so it would probably end up being painfully cheesy. XD; singing magic has soooo been done /divahairflip
History/steampunk, on the other hand, could be painfully cool, but it might be a little hard for some people to work with? I dunno, I haven't been very involved in the fandom, so I don't know what we're dealing with on terms of the historically savvy. I, for one, would be all for it, but I get nitpicky over inconsistencies in that kind of thing, ESPECIALLY since it's the Victorian/turn of the century period (or influenced by it, in the case of steampunk).

So, I vote for UTATechno virus war, because I feel like that would be relatively easy to handle in terms of content and delightfully fun to do. :'D I'm loving the plotstuff you guys have been discussing thus far for that one.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Damn it! I had a post and my internet shut down. - m-

Anyway, I agree with Zelfie that singing magic didn't need to be involved, haha. xD But Sci-fi Virus? Let's chock it up to three. ow o

Kero

Momo's Minion
What kind of thing would it be then? :U Swordplay alone would be more suited to like, a historical setting of some kind, and I don't know how well elemental or other types of magic would fit...or are we talking something like the King Arthur stories/Harry Potter, in which the magic comes from books and potions and stuff?

Zelfie Windwalker

Ruko's Ruffians
Kero link said:
What kind of thing would it be then? :U Swordplay alone would be more suited to like, a historical setting of some kind, and I don't know how well elemental or other types of magic would fit...or are we talking something like the King Arthur stories/Harry Potter, in which the magic comes from books and potions and stuff?

I think we're thinking your average fantasy RPG, like Ragnarok Online or the old Final Fantasy games. Lunar is also a good example.

...but I get the feeling the Sci-fi one is going to be the winner.

Zoku

making doper vocaloid music than the rest
Defender of Defoko
(Just got in...)

I like virus taking over UTAU.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Alriiight, now I've been able to add in an actual poll! If you all could, please vote for the one you like..Now that we can actually vote. ;w ;