UTAU isn't reading my samples?

DreamiiLoid2

Momo's Minion
I don't know if it's because I named them in hiragana or what. My system locale is set to Japanese so that would be a really weird reason. When I double click them, they don't make any sound :sad:
R9Tj6vj.png

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Please show your file names in the folder, as well as a screenshot of your system settings where you changed locale. Many users accidentally change other language settings to Japanese instead of locale.

Additionally, where do you have UTAU installed? I strongly advise putting it somewhere outside of Program Files.

DreamiiLoid2

Momo's Minion
Please show your file names in the folder, as well as a screenshot of your system settings where you changed locale. Many users accidentally change other language settings to Japanese instead of locale.

Additionally, where do you have UTAU installed? I strongly advise putting it somewhere outside of Program Files.
Thank you so much for your response! Here's the screenshots
jbBMSob.png

QXb6VSD.png

I don't have all my samples saved yet because if there's a problem with how I'm naming the files (legit just copy and pasting from the reclist I'm using), I wanna catch it early on so I don't have to rename like 180 files.

For now, I do have UTAU installed in my Program Files but I'll move it if that'll really help! Thank you for the advice I never thought about that :0

DreamiiLoid2

Momo's Minion
That's Location, not Locale. Please follow these instructions: https://java.com/en/download/help/locale.xml
And do not enable the unicode beta option. Fix locale, restart your computer, then delete, redownload, and reinstall UTAU and all related files.
Thank you! I can now see my file names within the program, but no audio plays when I double click them still. I'm very new to VCV voicebanks and I'm wondering if there's something wrong with how I've named my files or something. :sad: But this is a step in the right direction, I can see the names now. Is this a common problem though? No audio comes out at all D:

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Do other, fully configured voicebanks work properly? You can use those as a model for how to make your own.

Reactions: WinterdrivE