UTAU has stopped rendering all wav files

Z

Zansatsu

Utau isn't rendering anything at all for me. No matter what ust or voicebank I use it's just not rendering anything for me and I have no idea why because I'm using voicebanks that are designed for whatever ust I chose and if I click on a note and go into voicebank settings it shows the selected note in the oto.ini

It was working just fine earlier today

I've tried resetting the crossfade, clearing the preutterance, overlap and STP for any ust's
Nothing

Nothing is working and I don't know why
I checked to see if my AppLocale was still set to Japan and it is
So I'm really not sure why I'm having this problem all of a sudden

Can somebody please help me figure this out?

P

partial

Can you screencap all tabs of your options menu?
I'm not on PC atm but I believe it's under Tools (T) > Options?

tetodash

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That’s super weird. All I can think to do is delete the program and reinstall it. But I know you probably don’t want to do that because you probably already have a bunch of plugins and voice banks installed.

Z

Zansatsu

That’s super weird. All I can think to do is delete the program and reinstall it. But I know you probably don’t want to do that because you probably already have a bunch of plugins and voice banks installed.
Yeah... I was thinking about trying to do that...
I actually don't have any plugin's installed so I don't need to worry about that lol

And I don't think I'd have to worry about losing any voicebanks since I just keep them in their own respective folders outside of the UTAU program folder

I'm just not sure if re-installing will fix the problem though, you know?

WyndReed

Dareka tasukete!
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Have you tried unchecking "use resampler.dll for rendering" in the options menu?
Edit: Also try checking "Cache intermediate files" in the menu.

Z

Zansatsu

Have you tried unchecking "use resampler.dll for rendering" in the options menu?
Edit: Also try checking "Cache intermediate files" in the menu.
I just did that and it actually rendered the wav file
But I also got this window when I selected the voicebank, does this have anything to do with the problem?VoiceSetReport2.PNG

Reactions: WyndReed

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It shouldn't have anything to do with it. The "ACT3 Sample.wav" message just means it hasn't been otoed, so if it's only a sample, you can ignore it.
The "preutterance is longer than the overlap" message means the green line/overlap in the oto configuration window has a greater value than the red line/preutterance (which is... pretty much the reverse of what it's saying). Files with that message will still render.
The only oto setting that could cause the file to not render is if there's no white space between the pink/"consonant" area and blue cutoff, and it won't show up in that window. Either way, if UTAU's working again, that probably isn't going to be an issue. ^^

Z

Zansatsu

It shouldn't have anything to do with it. The "ACT3 Sample.wav" message just means it hasn't been otoed, so if it's only a sample, you can ignore it.
The "preutterance is longer than the overlap" message means the green line/overlap in the oto configuration window has a greater value than the red line/preutterance (which is... pretty much the reverse of what it's saying). Files with that message will still render.
The only oto setting that could cause the file to not render is if there's no white space between the pink/"consonant" area and blue cutoff, and it won't show up in that window. Either way, if UTAU's working again, that probably isn't going to be an issue. ^^
Oh, I figured the sample wouldn't be the problem lol
But yeah, thankfully it's working now

I don't know why I had to uncheck the resampler.dll box in order for utau to render but hey, I'll deal with it

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't know why I had to uncheck the resampler.dll box in order for utau to render but hey, I'll deal with it
Unchecking that box actually allows UTAU to use the resampler you set in project configurations, which can open up the opportunity for better quality results. Whenever you play or render a UST it will open up a black command window, so make sure not to accidentally close it right away and let it finish processing.

Z

Zansatsu

Unchecking that box actually allows UTAU to use the resampler you set in project configurations, which can open up the opportunity for better quality results. Whenever you play or render a UST it will open up a black command window, so make sure not to accidentally close it right away and let it finish processing.
Huh, did not know unchecking that box could do that! Learning new stuff~

And yeah, I know about that lol
Sometimes it can be frustrating to deal with because I feel like it renders slower than if I used the default resampler
But it's probably just my imagination heheh