UTAU Community Questionnaire — VCCV 2019

PaintedCz

VCCV UTAU English
Senior Tutor
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Henlo, I emerge from my cave once more.

I want to make a major update to the public VCCV list this year based on what I’ve learned since 2015.

What always seems to surprise me is how much a work changes once it’s in the hands of a community. It’s kind of wild— kind of terrifying. I wasn’t at all prepared for it in 2010 when I gently tossed the first CVVC reclist into the world.

I wasn’t ready for it when I released the beta CVVC lite English reclist into the world in 2011.

I wasn’t ready for it when I released CVVC English in 2012.

I thought, oh I thought I was ready in 2015 and NO I WAS NOT.

This is my latest work today: https://app.box.com/s/4s5ea2eq7knojs22etkf9wm4mjlpkdoo

Before I do anything, I want to hear from you. The work will be yours when I am done with it, and out of my hands. I want to keep this in mind, and keep in mind how you will be using it, and experiencing it— regardless of how it was made or how I intend it to be used— so that hopefully neither of us will be caught completely off guard this time.

So, please take some time to fill out this quick 7 question questionnaire!
https://goo.gl/forms/knhbNvjRbnmL4cEv1

Please feel free to discuss what you’d like to see from VCCV next with everyone else here, too!

I’m not going to promise anything, but I want to promise you everything— so let’s try to meet somewhere in the middle and have fun being huge nerds with very time consuming hobbies.

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I'm glad this discussion has been started.
To be honest one of my biggest complains is the lack of VVs, as sometimes you have to rely on -y and -w CVs for smoother Vowel transitions, and the lack of CCVs. Especially with -r and -l CCVs, like bre, brE, brO. It's hard to sometimes make the transiton from [- br] to [rE], so more CCV transitions are definitely needed. Tho I also gotta say I'm not a fan of the heavy reliance of ConVel.

SunGuardian524

Momo's Minion
Honestly, VCCV is really good. It's just too spread out to try & satisfy as many people at once so it became way too big.
Just keep redundancies in mind when making it, cuz yea, more VV is cool, but not every single transition is needed, like some people would like to believe.
& tbh, I find it easier to use CC/CV instead of CCV ^^b smaller too.
Frick, also, I just wanted to let you know that your configuration tutorial helped me learn how to configure pretty much everything for UTAU, so I really really wanted to thank you! ;7;/