Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I like songs that use multiple voices, whether they be multiple single voices or choruses - wish there were more.

Curious as to what you used to mix the off-vocal & vocals. The sections that have multiple voices sound like they're pushing the off-vocal down due to compression. When you have more than one voice you might want to try lowering their levels in that section to keep the relative total vocal level about the same.

Reactions: kamonohashi

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
I like songs that use multiple voices, whether they be multiple single voices or choruses - wish there were more.

Curious as to what you used to mix the off-vocal & vocals. The sections that have multiple voices sound like they're pushing the off-vocal down due to compression. When you have more than one voice you might want to try lowering their levels in that section to keep the relative total vocal level about the same.
I tried to use Audacity at first, since that's what I usually do use, but ended up using FL Studio instead, and since I usually use Audacity, I barely know how FL works. I'll keep that in mind though!

Agatechlo

Specified.
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Sounds like some of the vocals are now a bit low compared to the off-vocal. I think each vocal needs its own compression before mixing. The off-vocal already sounds heavily compressed to me, so the vocals are going to be hard to mix without having a similar narrow dynamic range. FL Studio has a simple compressor, which I'd recommend over the limiter/compressor if you're not familiar with it since the latter can be difficult to configure. Or you can use the compressor in Audacity on each rendered vocal before bringing them into FL. But with the latter option there's no tweaking of the compression once you save the file. That's what's so nice about the effects in FL: they all act like filters on the input rather than actually modifying the input file.