UTAU Archival Project - Keeping their memory alive!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There is an ongoing scare about many old voicebanks being lost to time as web and download services are being shut down.
Many times, the authors are long gone and can't be asked for permission to distribute or reupload the banks.

Not only this but several community sites and forums have already been lost.

For the past couple years, I've been working to archive as much of the community as possible! I'm looking to maintain copies of as many voicebanks as possible in their original form. While I may never be able to share these banks, hopefully at least the memory of them will be maintained and one day they shall be distributed again at the authors' request.

This is not a service to archive your own voicebanks! Use my.dynamivox.com if you want a place to share your banks. Any banks/data uploaded to my.dynamivox.com are already part of regular backups.

I am taking requests for voicebanks to archive. While the original source is preferable, I'm willing to accept other sources as long as the version is of original release and not modified in any way.

Information I need:
VB Name (in all official formats, Kanji, romaji, western name, etc):
Author:
Download location (DM me if it's a private link):

Optional but preferred info if available:
Release date:
Official website (even if no longer available):
Wiki page (if any):
any other info that isn't available elsewhere (character info is probably already available on a wiki)

I'm also working to backup various old websites in a form that is easily browse-able in the future. These will be non-functional copies purely for archival purposes. VocaloidOtaku is one site that I already have an extensive backup of.

There is no limit to the size of the voicebank or the number of voicebanks I'll archive.
All voicebanks will be stored in multiple locations and on mulitple formats for safe keeping. If any one copy is lost, it'll be easy to restore from the others.

Once enough banks are stored, a website listing all the banks will be made available. Sort of like a memorial.

Lets get started! Be sure to share this with others to get the word out, I can't do this alone!

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Please keep in mind that I'm technically backing up ALL vocal synthesis related data. It can be nearly anything!
Old UTAU software versions, websites, plugins that aren't available anymore, it doesn't need to be just UTAU either.

If it looks like something worth archiving, it will definitely be stored!

Reactions: ReticentResolve

oobiscuits

Teto's Territory
Reactions: Krinora

Utaeru

Momo's Minion
That is a fantastic idea !

I have:

the VCV of TATARI by Scarfu, discontinued since 2016 or so. He never had a website and his wiki pages have been deleted. I found his author's email though: scarfu@hotmail.com.
The CV act3 of Nao Shigure, discontinued in 2013. His website was http://kuus7.blog33.fc2.com/.
The Macne's (gotten from an unofficial source and with updated otos for ease of use).

Other utaus that should be saved would be:

Koto Fuuga (Website is almost unusable because of not being updated, though you can still download her voicebanks.)
Sen Koumi (Same as above)

I may have slightly tweaked some of these voicebanks, is it a problem?

Discontinued utaus I could not find:
All of scarfu's other utaus.
Tori Shouka (She has a tripitch CV and a monopitch VCV)
Ito Shirataki
Sora Konpekino's "vaincre" VCV and ver 1.5 VCV
Nao Shigure's other voicebanks.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Unfortunately, the original poster has been banned from the forum, so if you wish to contribute to this project you may need to contact him on an external platform.