UTACore Development Thread

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
-ponders-
I could TRY and help with music. I mean...yeah, try. ovo;;

I could make demo songs and if you don't like them, you can ignore my feeble attempts. vuv;;

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
SakisCookie link said:
-ponders-
I could TRY and help with music. I mean...yeah, try. ovo;;

I could make demo songs and if you don't like them, you can ignore my feeble attempts. vuv;;

Well, trying is better than nothing! Please send me some demos, I'd love to hear them. :smile:

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@PklPikachu Unfortunately the googledocs is not working...please send me a list of what you need?

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Fuuko link said:
Unfortunately the googledocs is not working...please send me a list of what you need?

Ok, I'll PM you the list. :smile:

DianaTan link said:
idk if I can help, the only thing I could do is art as well but if you don't need it

I don't need art at the moment, but if I do, I'll let you know.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Today, I was trying to show my brother that I can go a whole day without using the computer. You can see how that turned out. The point is that I wasn't able to work on the RPG for a while. But I did draw some stuff related to the RPG. You guys can take a look at my drawings if you're interested.

http://fav.me/d5699y6
http://fav.me/d569bj8
http://fav.me/d569boz

I still need composers, by the way.

Rei-Chan

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
That's very cute! <3

[sub] I can try to make music...right now I am testing it out in Mario Paint~[/sub]

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys! So, I've been working pretty hard on the RPG. Here's how the first town looks so far:
bluetown_by_pklpikachu-d57moiw.png

I've also been working on little jingles and stuff:
[cloudset]http://soundcloud.com/pklpikachu/sets/utacore[/cloudset]

Other than composers, I'm also looking for people who can make tiles. Please reply if you're interested.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I've been replaying Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door for inspiration and research purposes. That game came out 8 years ago... I feel so old. T^T

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
So, updates on the RPG's development.

I've been playing another RPG, Dokapon Kingdom, for research and inspiration purposes. I've been also looking at TVTropes for inspiration. So far, it's helped me with stat spreads for the heroes and inspired me to add this to the game:
vio__sunderwear__by_pklpikachu-d58y6zv.png

So yeah. I still need people to help me with music. And I'll probably just edit and use RPG Maker's map tiles.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Lemondolly link said:
Is it too late to join?

It's never too late to join! ^_^
(Okay, it was too late to join at one point, but I'm secretly reopening. Shh...)

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Well, I'm looking for people who can create some background music for the game. I'm not actively looking for people who can draw some art, but there's openings for that.

Lemondolly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
PKLpikachu link said:
Well, I'm looking for people who can create some background music for the game. I'm not actively looking for people who can draw some art, but there's openings for that.
I could do art! My deviantart is Lemondolly.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Hey guys. My trial period for RPG maker has ended, and I won't re-download it because school is starting soon. The game's development will be put on hiatus on my end until further notice.
While on hiatus, can you guys help me with some things?
I need ideas for the following:
* weapons and other equipment
* items
* types of monsters
* possible sidequests

I also need people who can do spriting.

Please send in all ideas before August 21.

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
What version were you using? Every version before the newest one is free. I personally like working with RPG Maker 2003.

Anyway, I can sprite ~.

PKLpikachu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
I was using the newest one, RPG Maker VX Ace.
... Every version before the newest one is free...? OTL I wish I knew that before...

Awesome! Within the next couple of days, I'll send you a list of UTAUs that need to be spriting. There's a lot of UTAUs on the list, so more people can sprite if they want. :smile:

SakisCookie

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Okay~. And yeah, I use RPG Maker 2003. Got it free. :3

Is there a specific style you want them? Like...more chibi-ish, or taller?