Two questions

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion
Can some explain what is a CVVC bank and what you use them for? I couldn't find much info on them. Also, is it possible to create a good quality CV bank from a VCV?

Kero

Momo's Minion
CVVC stands for Consonant-Vowel-Vowel-Consonant. A string of CVVC looks like this (I think?):

"shi" "i ts" "tsu" "u m" "mo" "o n" "n"

It's just one more way to string things together smoothly. It's superb when you need an UTAU to hold consonants *n* <3

And yes, it is. Just oto the first sound of the string without the long pause in the beginning like you would with a normal CV and make aliases. :D

CatastrophicMelons

Momo's Minion
Thanks for the answer for the second one! I was wondering if I should make CV aliases. Could you explain  the CVVC a little more? How would you record them?

kirrinx

Teto's Territory
Thanks for the answer for the second one! I was wondering if I should make CV aliases. Could you explain  the CVVC a little more? How would you record them?

you're  welcome and o3o//

and CV VC is similar to VCV in terms of what they aim to accomplish which  is a more realistic sounding UTAUloid , its not very practical in term of the Japanese Language and its more helpful for English for example. Since in Japanese the vowels are monophonic ( like all the Japanese A's are pronounced the same way such as Ka , ga, ra, ma , pya the way the A is pronounced doesn't change at all ;3 , but in English there is A as in Adult or A as is Amy <-  ~ )

CVVC has a much smaller recording list since all it needs are the the vowel constonant endings plus a CV bank which can be accomplished by recording a few strings ;

such as KaKaKiKuKeKoKo

and you would get ; ak , ka , ki , ik , ku , uk , ke , ek , ko ,ok out of this string o3o

this UTAUloid is CVVC example =3=b

[UTAU] VOiCE - Kassloid - CV VC Demo

notice how some of the notes are broken up differently o3o thats how  CV VC is used in UST files to make them sing , and unfortunately >U< there isnt a converter for CV to CVVC so if you wanted to do this you would have to edit every ; x; ust file if you wanted to cover a song using this type of VB

and this is another xD;; VCV UTAUloid

【UTAUカバー】What an Erotic Sequencer! 【咲希VCV】 DEMO

for VCV the UST require very little editing if at all to be able to use this type of Voice bank o3o// there's a converter which changes the CV notes to VCV notes

for example lets say its singing Karami <- in CV bank it would be Ka Ra Mi, but in VCV it would be Ka a Ra a Mi <- the a vowels blend with the previous  ones to create a much  smoother singing :3