Tutorial for Oremo on Mac?

hikari08

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hi!
I finally found a voicer for an utau I created, but there’s one problem; the voicer is on mac and I’m on windows. It’s her first time using oremo, she’s a total beginner, and I want to help her the best I can.

I made her download the mac version of Oremo (made by Kiyoteru) you can find in the resources section of the forum. But as I never used mac, it’s hard for me to guide her.

So, I wondered if someone could write a Beginner Tutorial for me and her?

. How to put a reclist in oremo

. How to create a file for the voice and how to link it in oremo.

. Where to download a BGM file, how to set the BGM in the program.

. Where to set the recording style (press R to play the BGM).. + how to save the recording.

. How to show the pitch she will be recording at.

. How to create a multipitch.

. How she could transfer the vb to me (as she will send it to me and I use windows. Oh and I’ll make the oto).

That’s all I can think about! If I missed something you can add it to the tutorial!
She will record a VCV so if you have extra tips for her, don't be shy :wink:!

I know I ask a lot, gomen :’(.
But thanks to all the people who will help!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I've been working on a detailed OREMO guide for UTAU.us, and while I can't make guarantees, it's definitely something that I should try to finish quickly for you guys!
I can do a simpler overview of the specific questions you asked, but the first thing I need to know is whether your friend is using Mac-native OREMO or wine-wrapped OREMO.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Before starting, it seems like Sierra/High Sierra sandboxed the file paths, which is preventing it from working properly.
First, move the entire OREMO folder outside of downloads. For example, put it on the desktop. Then, open up the Terminal app and use this command:
Code:
xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine ~/Desktop/oremo-mac-2.0-b110812-p1/oremo.app
This will remove the quarantine bit. The reason it was sandboxed in the first place is a newer OS security feature to prevent your files from being manipulated by programs you just downloaded. OREMO is safe (all it does is faff around with text files and audio files). If you really want to be sure that OREMO is safe, the source code is inside the app, which is how I translated the strings.

How to put a reclist in oremo

File > Open reclist > (navigate to the text file you want to open)

How to create a file for the voice and how to link it in oremo.

Create a new folder anywhere, for saving your recordings. The bottom of OREMO has a "Destination folder" path, click on the little folder opening icon and navigate to the folder you just created.

Where to download a BGM file, how to set the BGM in the program.

There's various BGM available. One Note Jazz, a BGM well-suited for VCV is available here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B43rIhv9uaxIbV92TnFVRWw5OHc
Download and unzip.
To change BGM, go to Options > GuideBGM Settings and click the open folder button next to "BGM file". Navigate to the OneNoteJazz folder and choose the BGM in the tempo and key you want to use.

Where to set the recording style (press R to play the BGM).. + how to save the recording.

Options > GuideBGM Settings > Choose Automatic 1
(Automatic 2 isn't recommended until you have experience recording UTAU voicebanks with Automatic 1.)
In the main OREMO window, press [.] (full stop/period) on your keyboard to start recording. Once you finish a sample and you're happy with the result, use the arrow keys to move to the next one. The recording is automatically saved to the destination folder when you move to another sample in the reclist.

How to show the pitch she will be recording at.

View > View F0
I also recommend going to Options > Advanced Settings, enabling "Show target pitch", and choosing the pitch you want to record at. Press the "Go" button as well.

How to create a multipitch.

When you create the voicebank folder, create several folders within it for each pitch you want to record.
For each pitch, change the OREMO destination folder to that pitch, and change the GuideBGM to match that pitch.

How she could transfer the vb to me (as she will send it to me and I use windows. Oh and I’ll make the oto).

Use Keka to compress your files so that the text encoding stays intact: http://www.kekaosx.com/en/
Select 7z, then drag and drop the entire voicebank folder into the Keka window.