Troubles with vcv

KuroKitsuSan

Teto's Territory
:U Everytime i try to record vcv, i record loudly (not too loudly where its like....WAAY too loud for the program), but in utau, its always way too quiet and inaudible. but if i record any louder the program will freak out and the bank will be no good. This doesn't happen with cv; only vcv. Can someone help? Q mQ

Pompom1011

Momo's Minion
Maybe there's something wrong with the volume? If you're using headphones, you may want to double check that they're plugged in right. If they are, then you can check the resampler and UST you may be using in UTAU. Maybe there's something weird with the resampler or the intensity of the UST that's causing this~

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Ah, I have a theory. Are your consonants really loud and your actual vowels quieter? A variety of banks suffer from this, and all VCV banks generally have one or two samples where it's quiet due to a loud volume followed by quiet volume - because UTAU bases your samples off of the loud volume for how loud your bank will be.

Then again, you said CV is fine and generally it would suffer the same thing, but it happens moreoften with VCV. Maybe record a string where this quiet effect happens then screanshot the WAV (Like, in Audacity or REAPER or whatever) so we can see what the volumes are.

KuroKitsuSan

Teto's Territory
shinami link said:
Ah, I have a theory. Are your consonants really loud and your actual vowels quieter? A variety of banks suffer from this, and all VCV banks generally have one or two samples where it's quiet due to a loud volume followed by quiet volume - because UTAU bases your samples off of the loud volume for how loud your bank will be.

Then again, you said CV is fine and generally it would suffer the same thing, but it happens moreoften with VCV. Maybe record a string where this quiet effect happens then screanshot the WAV (Like, in Audacity or REAPER or whatever) so we can see what the volumes are.

It happens alot with "aaiau". Mainly with the I's and U's.

I'll provide a screenshot in a minute.

tady159

Ruko's Ruffians
"i", "u" and nasal sounds are naturally quieter than others. If you think of it, it is much harder to produce a loud "i" than a loud "a", because on the "i" your mouth is almost completely closed, while on the "a", your mouth is compeltely opened. The difference on loudness between the vowels (and some consonants) is a totally natural effect, and is even desired on VCV (note: this is different from volume inconsistency) to sound more natural. Something that we SHOULD to, but we never do on CV is to tweak the volume of the notes when using a UST to make them fit better the difference in volume between the vowels.

KuroKitsuSan

Teto's Territory
tady159 link said:
\"i\", \"u\" and nasal sounds are naturally quieter than others. If you think of it, it is much harder to produce a loud \"i\" than a loud \"a\", because on the \"i\" your mouth is almost completely closed, while on the \"a\", your mouth is compeltely opened. The difference on loudness between the vowels (and some consonants) is a totally natural effect, and is even desired on VCV (note: this is different from volume inconsistency) to sound more natural. Something that we SHOULD to, but we never do on CV is to tweak the volume of the notes when using a UST to make them fit better the difference in volume between the vowels.

Oh, I see. Alright o wo thanks