Tips For Recording Mature Female Soprano Voice?

Inactive12345

Momo's Minion
For my main UTAUloid, I used my speaking voice, which is a medium to low pitch, with a little gravel to it. But I want to make a second UTAUloid who uses my actual singing voice, which is high and clear. Basically a mature soprano sound.

Every time I try to create this however, I either get something too deep and gravelly like my other UTAUloid, or a nasally chipmunk sounding voice, like Miku or Rin.

Anyone know how I might record a voicebank that retains the mature, clear, soprano sound? I know I've heard some voicebanks that have this voice type, but I can't recall any of them right now.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Vocal warmups before recording.
Are you recording multipitch or single pitch? Samples generally sound good when pitched up but not when pitched down, so if you're doing fewer pitches you would have to choose lower ones for better tone.
What voicebank style? CV syllables in isolation are harder to make consistent and achieve the same tone as normal singing. Something recorded in strings like CVVC or VCV (especially with guide BGM) will help to mentally "trick" you into using more of a singing voice.

Reactions: Nohkara