Inactive Offering PayPal Other Terindie's Japanese Translations

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Hi there! Forgive the formatting on this for now; I'm making this post from mobile. Will prettify when I get the opportunity.

This marks the opening of my translations! I've been a Japanese student for about 5 years (independent study, and just sort of "living" Japanese in my music, daily conversation, etc.) and decided to open this in order to help out the western community of UTAU in navigating a primarily Japanese-oriented program and fanbase.

I hang out in the Japanese UTAU world a bunch (mostly on the anonymous boards, though; the community is a lot more hard tacks than the western one in my experience and it's hard to muster the courage as a foreigner to throw myself into it), and I did the Japanese translations for Moresampler as well! At some point I plan to open a translations channel on YouTube, but today is not that day.

I'm flexible on payment for translations that require it, and am totally up to negotiations whether they be trade, PayPal, or discounts on big stuff. Just ask!

• Japanese -> English translations: FREE!
(Translating into your native language is always easiest, and I do these for free because making the source of the majority of Vocaloid songs accessible to the Western is something I value.
When I translate these, I write out the kana, romaji, and English version and put them all in one .txt file, so you have access to all three.

• English -> Japanese translations: $5 up to 300 (English) words, then $0.05 each additional word
(This does not include repeated choruses for songs. I can quote you if the wordcount goes over!
Translation is different from translyrics; translations simply communicate the meaning whereas translyrics flow with the original melody. I list my translyric prices below.)
  • English -> Japanese translyrics: $10 up to 300 (English) words, $0.05 each additional word
(This basically means you get to turn your original song Japanese. Ooh! Shiny! This is a fun one. I elected not to do Japanese -> English translyrics because there's already so many good people doing that job.)

• Other things I can translate include: video descriptions for NND uploads, kanji/kana versions of names (like your UTAU's!), communication between you and a Japanese UTAU user... really, it's kind of limitless. I usually run these by the same $0.05/word ratio, but make your offer. (Name kanji/kana is free, though. It's just too fun to charge for.)

• And, of course, advice, little fixes, and feedback are always free. If you have questions related to the language, I'm always available via PM or Skype (which is also 'terindie').

You can send me the text to be translated through e-mail (terindie.utau@gmail.com), Skype (terindie), or UtaForum PM. Whatever you're comfortable with.

Afterwards, I can quote you on the price, and we can negotiate from there. After we've agreed on that, I'll get started on the translation which could take 10 minutes or 10 days depending on the length and time needed. As a general rule, the translyrics will take more time (likely a week or two) because you can't rush art, yo.

(Plus, I want to make sure I'm retaining the original meaning as well as I can. LOL)

Then, I'll contact you when it's complete, send you the text, and send a PayPal invoice if you're paying that way; otherwise, transaction complete!

And that sums it up for now, I suppose. Hope I explained everything efficiently. If there are questions, don't hesitate to ask!

My tumblr is, as of now, here because someone stole my original one. I'm going to be posting my translations and other various stuff here in the future!

Last edited:

Retired User
Retired User
Defender of Defoko
That sounds awesome ;7;
Would you be open to doing lyrics for pv's, translation ect.

Reactions: Terindie

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
That sounds awesome ;7;
Would you be open to doing lyrics for pv's, translation ect.

As long as you have the lyrics prior, I can move them between through the language barrier for you! If you mean to write original ones, I won't do that because I have the linguistic creativity of baked beans, but doing translations/translyrics is a-ok for any project or context.

And as for Kiamoso:
Can I have something translated from Japanese to English?

You may! Just shoot me a PM with what you need :-)

HowlingWolf15

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
How many Japanese --> English translations will you do for free, because I have a few songs I would like to see translated.

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Do you have any examples of your Japanese-to-English translations?

I do! I just did a Dark Woods Circus translation for a friend because they didn't trust the ones they found, and I fufilled Kiamoso's request for Monochrome Ward a moment ago. I'll put them in a spoiler here, and likely add them to the main post in a bit.

さぁ、お立会い、お立会い!
Step right up! Come one, come all!
今宵、お目にかけますのは
Come see tonight, before your very eyes,
浮世の因果を背負わされ
those who lay curse to this fleeting world,
漫ろに這い出る忌み児に祟り児
the wretched children who unwittingly sow their pestilence into it.
揺らぐ手足も持たずに産まれ
Born feeble and trembling,
泣き声震わす舌すら抜かれ
who, with tearful voices and shaking tongues,
脳天撫でる暗雲を
cry out for a hazily-remembered, smiling mother
乳母と慕って浮かべる笑みの
to stroke their heads and comfort them

おお、
Ahh,

そのおぞましさ!
The horror of it all!

見たい奴だけ寄っといで
For those of you interested, come on by...

森のね、奥の奥にあるんだ。そのサーカス
It's in the deep of the deep of the forest, that circus
座長は大きな目に高い背、10メートル
The wide-eyed ringmaster is 10 metres tall

キャストはみんな愉快、容姿は変だけれど
The cast is all pleasant, although their forms are peculiar
とってもたのしいんだ!暗い森のサーカス!
But it's always so fun, here in the Dark Woods Circus!

二つあたまミセモノ、異形の歌姫に
冷たいもの食べるの、青いけものが
A two-headed wonder, a monstrous siren, a sickly blue beast who eats things cold

望まれて生まれてきたわけじゃない この身体
There was no want or need for us to be born into these bodies,
なんでそんな目で見ているの 顔が腐ってく
Why do you look at our decaying faces with such disgust?

「苦しいよ苦しくて仕方がない」と
彼女は言ったんだ 
"This is torture! It's torture without escape," she said,
それでもこのサーカスは続くんだ
But even so, this circus will continue

えいえんに!
forever!

楽しいよ楽しいよ このサーカスは楽しい
But it's fun, what fun! It's such a fun circus,
腐った実 熔ける目に 爛ただれた肌が映るの
And to our melting eyes, skin festers and rots like fruit

死にたいよ死にたいよ ここから出してください
I want to die, I want to die, someone please get me out of here!

「それは無理なこと」と誰かが言っていた気がする。
Though I had a feeling someone had said "That's impossible."

歪んだ躯にゃ曲がって伸びる
When crooked corpses creep along
行灯照りの通りを這えば
paths lit by warping, stretching paper lantern light,
道行く誰もがその名をまさぐる
Anyone who walks that way will fumble for the name
この子にゃひとりで蹲る
That child, cowering alone,
影の高みはあっただろうが
Seemingly from the reaches of shadow emerges
腰を並べて語らう友は
hip to hip, friends to talk to
後にも先にも一人もおらず
and before, and after, they are never alone again
さぁ、お立会い、お立会い!
Step right up! Come one, come all!
見たい奴だけ寄っといで
For those of you interested, come on by
見たい奴だけ寄っといで
For those of you interested, come on by

(暗い森へ、寄っといで)
(Come on down, to the dark woods)

楽しいよ
It's fun.

白黒病棟
Monochrome Ward

「死体は交換される」
"Their bodies shall be exchanged"
「死体は交換される」
「死体は交換される」

「死体は交換される」

白 白 白 あちらこちらそちら 白
White, white, white, any which way is white

「30度曲がって全力疾走」
"Turn 30 degrees and run as fast as you can."

白 白 白 あちらこちらどちら 白
White, white, white, any which way is all white

壁は 口を閉じて黙り込んだまま
The walls permit no exits, standing silently

「死体は交換される」
「死体は交換される」
「死体は交換される」

「死体は交換される」

何処 何処 何処 あちらこちらそちら 白
Where to, where to, where to, any place to go is white
「十字路の先に道は見えず」
"Can't see any paths ahead, just crossroads"

何処 何処 何処 あちらこちらそちら 白
How many more more more of these ways are white?

出口は 何処と聞いたら
If I could just find out the exit, I--

『其処』
"It's that way."

此処 何処 其処
Here? Where...? There?
ああ 出口 はあちら
Oh, it's over there, then

砂ざりざりと音をたて
A gravelly, gritty noise rises

肉切り包丁 絶叫生んだ
A butcher's knife, a yielded scream
血飛沫甘露の 最後の言葉
Honeyed last words amidst the bloodbath,

「視界の端にお気をつけて」
"Beware of when your sight fails you"

黒 黒 黒 あちらこちらそちら 何処
Black, black, black, it's all... where?
「行き先など誰が知ろう」
"Who knows where they are?"

黒 黒 黒 あちらこちらそちら 何処
Black, black, black, all around... where am I?
此処 何処 其処? ああ何も見えない
Here? Where, there? Ah, I can't see anything!

「砂ざりざりと音を立て」
"A gravelly, gritty noise rises..."

こちらそちらあちら
This way, that way, over that way...
あぁ振り向かれては
Ah, don't look back, don't look back

あぁ。
Ah...

死体は交換されると貴方が申されましたのに。
Even if we exchange bodies, you're still a nobody, you know.
[doublepost=1449087300][/doublepost]
How many Japanese --> English translations will you do for free, because I have a few songs I would like to see translated.

I will do as many as requested! Just be mindful that more translations will definitely take more time. :smile:

fmccaddy12

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Is there any chance that you could do romaji conversion along with the English translation for free?

Terindie

日本語 Patrol - Active Duty
Defender of Defoko
Is there any chance that you could do romaji conversion along with the English translation for free?

Yep! For the ones I'm doing right now, I added romaji because I realized that would be valuable to UTAU/VOCALOID/etc people. Part of the free package now.