Suggestions

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
So, all throughout this week, I've been trying to get up more videos and figure out ways to distribute Yuumei a bit better...But my efforts have been disappointly fruitless. I've only got two videos up and gained two more subscribers.

Now, let me make this clear. I'm not in it to be popular, but does it hurt to want more people to know about my UTAU? No, it doesn't.

But in my efforts to distribute her more and have more people know about her, I come to a stop VERY often because I'm no artist. I'm very bad at making covers and being the kind of person I am, I want the best for my UTAU. Not one sloppy piece of art from me is going to see the light of day.  ;A;  I've lost my best artist because I can't afford his prices on any avatar website he's on. And he's always busy. :c I've been trying to get help and have someone make me an MMD model, but even then that's failed.

So, I'm reaching out to you, Utaforum membeers. Are there any tips you can possibly give me to help me out? It can be anything from MMD modeling to helping keep up my posting consistency. I just really want to do this. I love using Yuumei very much and I will continue to use her regardless, but is there perhaps something I'm doing wrong? D':

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Would you have fun creating and original UTAU song for Yuumei? 'Cause I think that would probably have as good a change as anything to grab some attention 'v' and I doubt it could hurt.

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
How would I go about creating an original UTAU song, though? I would have to create a UST no doubt but I have no idea where to begin! ; o; Although I would love to learn how to make my own USTs.. ' u'

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You would probably need some sort of audio/music synthesizer/composing program(I'm sure there are free ones, but I have studio one but it's not free ;w:wink: To create all the parts of the song. Then for the vocal UST, you would probably export the vocal track as vsq or midi or something... I'm not sure, I haven't tried it yet since I'm still kinda figuring out the program.

You know what... since that all involves making a UST anyway, maybe it's better to focus first on learning how to make a UST? xD You could make USTs for songs(popular songs? :3) that don't have one, that sounds like a promising start to me. :D

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I would have to find one..Maybe my dad can help me, he's always soo good at picking out sorts of programs for me.. @_@

Making a regular UST would be beautiful..That's..Probably what I'm going to look up when I get a break again.. ;w ; It would also be helpful for when I want to do a song that I can't find the proper UST for. @_@

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Yush~ UST-making is the shizz, and a awesome asset to any UTAU user of course >w< Then people will have to see Yuumei if they want to have the UST *w*

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It sounds like a major perk... Would you perhaps have any tips on how to make one? I end up learning better from someone telling me in live time instead of like..a 2 year old tutorial.. ;w ;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
If you can read musical scores, you could always read off of sheet music found on the web, or you can simply search for an midi version for the song to import into UTAU and it will have basically all the notes for the song and the timing built in(I'm actually working on a UST based off of a midi and it seems to be going pretty well, If I actually work on it more ;w;.) Or, you could start from dreaded scratch... which I can imagine is probably a messy process but worth the results if it turns out well(if I were to do this, I would prolly do the chorus/verses/bridges/etc in seperate USTs and then insert the vocal pieces seperately in audacity or whatever you use. Adding the lyrics should be simple enough, but for all the extra effects just trust your ears I suppose and look up tutorials on youtube, so you'll get the visual example.

^Hope this is helpful in some manner :'D

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
It was sort of helpful, although I haven't read sheet music or musical scores in a while.. @_@ It may be a bit of an adjustment, but I really do want to try it. ;w ; Maybe that would help me out a bit more~

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Of course it would~ Good luck and I hope you succeed; and you and your UTAU have a blast now, ya hear? ;w;/

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thank you so much for the luck.. And the both of us shall! <33 I'm alsp happy to admit that I'm collaborating on a duet with one of my friends, so it'll be my UTAU's second official duet, maybe that will work, too..Having more duets and duet partners that collaborate as much as we are doing. :'D

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Working together and sharing the UTAU love is always the way to go ;▽; I can't wait for my microphone to come in finally so I can(make my UTAU otl) start making duets covers and things too~

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Late, reply is late, but I guess I'm still trying to search for answers. ; v;''

But I can sympathize with the microphone thing. Two nights ago, I could easily record stuff, but now my mic and computer have decided to turn on me. I only hope that when my headset comes that there will be a LOT less background nose. ; -;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
D: D'aww... but it's always worth the wait for something better. I've waited for what seems like forever to get my mic, and it's wonderful there's NO audible background noise and the recordings are pristine, and it's got me a pretty good VB thus far ;w; It's just the waiting that's awful D'x

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, I suppose. The main thing bringing in a lot of background noise is actually my laptop! The fan is obnoxiously loud. D: Do you think a headset will work better for that? Since it's not so close? ;o;

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
ANY mic is better that a laptop mic D: So yes, a headset would definately be better. I've heard that if you unplug your power source from your computer it reduces noise, but I don't think that applies to fans... I used to try that but it didn't really work, and I used a headset mic. I made a makeshift pop-filter out of panty hose and a wire hanger and hung the headset on it xD

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Then I'm guessing ANY mic is better than a DJ Hero mic? D: Panty hose? I should try that when I get the chance! o  Do

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
The answer is... probably. If the mic is meant for recording and speaking rather than playing a game where it just has to "recognize" things, then I would so so xD. And yuh, the pantyhose is helpful even though it just looks sad ;u;

Roze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Then I will stay hopeful with that assumption. ; v; It's not sad, I think it would be pretty creative. :3

NaughtyPichu

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
It is, but the pair of pantyhose was a hand-me-down and it's honestly smelled kinda funky =w=