Resolved Suggestion: Put a limit on showcase updates

RaccoonButler

Founder of The Church of Mawarine Shuu
Defender of Defoko
A lot of the time I will get notifications for showcases being new or updated, but upon looking at them, barely anything has changed at all and no new relevant bank related update was added. I feel like a lot of the time, people make really small updates to their showcases like adding a period to a sentence or added a space somewhere just to keep them at the front of the showcase. (Not to accuse anyone, but this is entirely a possibility)

This is really irritating because it pushes banks that actually are new or actually have been updated to the bottom and because it's annoying to be notified of an update when there was no such update, then mark it viewed only to be notified again a little while later.

Because of this, I started thinking- Would it be possible to put a limit on bank updates? For example, say someone could only update the showcase every 36 hours? (I know it would be annoying if you made a grammatical error and just needed to fix it- so let's say maybe you can update 3 times in a row and after the third you have to wait?) Thank you.

Last edited:

heta-tan

Genderless Goon
Global Mod
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I do have to agree, it's quite annoying to see in the chat that a showcase item was updated then go to see what was changed and it was something like "Added more to the profile". I personally think that this is a good idea or that perhaps maybe that a notification is sent out only if a new bank or something along that line is added/taken from the page.

Plus aren't there silent changes? I just think the whole system for the showcase and notifications should be looked at...

dezzydream

cv bank enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
I like this idea. I'm constantly getting updates, and I'm like,"But you didn't change anything important," so, personally, I'm all for this.

Kitcat190

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I think that would be a good thing to add. The other day I was complaining in the statuses cause I am very ocd when it comes to notifications. I actually wasn't aware that there was a 'silent update' option until Honey told me (i'm using that one a lot now). So either an update limit or maybe a more visible silent update that pops up.
I'd prefer you be unable to post updates if you go past more than 2 in a 48 hour period. And then if you have been repeatedly updating within that restraint, be unable to update at all for a week or something.

Shasta

Professional Lurker
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
I personally don't really see an issue with the frequency of updates, but I do agree that only newly added showcases should be listed as recent showcases. Users should have the freedom to be able to update when ever, but an update shouldn't be posted as a recent. Although, yeah, there is the silent update option that some people should start using, I know that I work around the clock, so if I finish one of my UTAU's homepages, I would like to be able to edit the showcase as soon as possible and notify people of such changes. Also if I figure out a new flag or resampler that helps them sound better, I'd like to be able to update and notify people as soon as possible. Updating shouldn't be restricted, but updated pages shouldn't be listed as recents or new.

Reactions: Piia and Nohkara

HoneyPai

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
I think this would be a great idea
It's a shame when someone updates their showcase with an actual bank update or adds a sample and it just gets pushed back because people want to spam update(?)
Sure you can uncheck add as update
But a lot of people who spam updates don't use it.

수연 <Suyeon>

Your friendly neighborhood koreaboo trash
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Haven't been seeing a spam frenzy (but then, I'm barely here anymore), but a period of things being locked (in the same way that accounts are locked after 3 unsuccessful attempts) would be a good idea if people are indeed abusing the notification system in an attempt at getting their voicebank noticed. It's not fair to people who are actually updating their voicebank and it's actually counterproductive - people stop paying attention after the first false alarm, just like they ignore the 2nd SC spam.

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
Heyo, passing a message from Hentai.

There isn't a problem with the system itself and if you have problems with sorting you can manually change it such as the Most Recent tab for example, but if you think a user is abusing the system, feel free to report them for spam/reckless self-promotion. Of course, some people may not be aware of it causing alerts or not knowing the silent edit option. We can inform them for you.

If the problem seems to still persist, feel free to report.

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
*whispers* this is the reason why I have been avoiding make small updates in my showcases (e.g. Fixing small grammar error and/or adding new information about their profile) and I have like 8(?) UTAU or something with showcase, so...

I didn't know that "Silent Edit" mode exits, where is it?!?! I need it! I don't want to spam people with little things ;;

Reactions: Piia

Cine

Certified paint water drinker.
Defender of Defoko
*whispers* this is the reason why I have been avoiding make small updates in my showcases (e.g. Fixing small grammar error and/or adding new information about their profile) and I have like 8(?) UTAU or something with showcase, so...

I didn't know that "Silent Edit" mode exits, where is it?!?! I need it! I don't want to spam people with little things ;;

54c1537d31ddf811273952090d49e56a.png

Here's a screenshot, you uncheck that checked box.

Reactions: Piia and Nohkara