Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
designs have been revealed

opinions?
i think they look quite tacky imo

q33tytuijyhgfd_by_yourlocalgodzilla-da8al50.jpg
There in Japanese that "Sugar" and "Spisy" are appends which can be cross synthesis in Vocaloid and obiously voiced by same person (character's name is Otomachi Una).

To be honest, I did NOT expect that character would be based on "unagi" aka. Japanese eel *lol*.

I think that idea is cute and new in Vocaloid but I really don't like her pink-green skirt+socks. >-< Her clothes do not really fit her "unagi-hat"...

I think that something more "unagi-mascot-like" design would have fit the best in my opinion or very very at least different colors on her clothes to fit better with her "hat".

Last edited:

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Very clearly reads in Japanese that "Sugar" and "Spisy" are appends which can be cross synthesis in Vocaloid and obiously by same person (character's name is Otomachi Una).
I ****ING KNEW IT!
i cant read japanese lmao so i thought they were two different people

sailor _ravioli

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Very clearly reads in Japanese that "Sugar" and "Spisy" are appends which can be cross synthesis in Vocaloid and obiously voiced by same person (character's name is Otomachi Una).

To be honest, I did NOT expect that character would be based on "unagi" aka. Japanese eel *lol*.

I think that idea is cute and new in Vocaloid but I really don't like her pink-green skirt+socks. >-< Her clothes do not really fit her "unagi-hat"...

I think that something more "unagi-mascot-like" design would have fit the best in my opinion or very very at least different colors on her clothes to fit better with her "hat".
I cant read japanese lol thanks for the clarification i was confused
I agree with you that something more eel-like would be fitting
I didnt get an eel impression from the designs

Reactions: Nohkara

Nohkara

Pronouns: He/him
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
@sailor _ravioli
@saikou bio

It's fine guys, I understand that everyone cannot read Japanese (I think now afterwards that I shouldn't write "clearly" in my sentence,,, sorry. But now I've edited my original post and removed that word).

I'm happy that you're not confused anymore! :smile:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
OMG they're so cute !!~ (however I wasn't imagining this as outfits, and i would have expected Sugar to be pink and Spicy to be Venetian blonde... Also dafuq at Spicy's double-skirt ?? )

And ooooh, fantastic ! =o So actually, it's like Galaco, except there are differences between the voicebanks mascot-wise ?

Miawerz

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I now ship gachapoid with their weird parasitic head gear but what if their real forms is their weird head gear thingys
Honestly tho, I don't get the link between "sugar and spicy" and japanese eels....
Sugar. Spice. And generic female voice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect vocaloids. But Internet Co. accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... japanese eels.

Last edited:

Chianachini

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I really like some of the finer details in their design and can't wait for their MMD models. You can see them better here. Granted it's a lot to take in, but I don't think these two would have benefited from a simple design.

Sugar has a marching band look and a baton. The metal on her arm warmers reminds me of a French horn and she has music notation motifs all over her. I think they could have given her some more pink and a little black to stand apart from Spicy's neon yellow.

According to the demo, their voices seem to be high quality and even have a natural personality to them, so that's great! They already sound like they have purpose and aren't soulless. I'd like to hear them sing together but I have a feeling they will complement each other well.

I've never seen anyone talk about Internet's logos. I think I like Una's the best so far.

KimmwiKun

Momo's Minion
I now ship gachapoid with their weird parasitic head gear but what if their real forms is their weird head gear thingys
Honestly tho, I don't get the link between "sugar and spicy" and japanese eels....
Sugar. Spice. And generic female voice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect vocaloids. But Internet Co. accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction... japanese eels.

May I refer Chemical E?

delphic

y e e t
Defender of Defoko
I heard some tests with Una and I changed my mind...
The voicebanks have got a really nice quality and the power and the sweetness of both VBs are nicely balanced!

melodicake

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I like their voices but the designs look a bit complicated, like there's too much going on. Reminds me of Otori Kohaku and Tone Rion.

Pixys

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
I personally like sugar's design but spicy's makes me sick the colors are so bad together (neon blue + neon pink and green? really?)

WendytheCreeper

(>☉ ͡ヮ☉<)
Defender of Defoko
So this is kinda old, but it isn't here in this thread. There's a demo song for the Sugar side of Una, "Fantastic Night" by peperonP:

It's doing some minor playing with of XSY, so you get little peppers of the Spicy vocal at some times. I need to see if there is a demo that plays more on the Spicy side and see how it turns out!

kimchi-tan

Your local Mikotard
Global Mod
Defender of Defoko
So this is kinda old, but it isn't here in this thread. There's a demo song for the Sugar side of Una, "Fantastic Night" by peperonP:

It's doing some minor playing with of XSY, so you get little peppers of the Spicy vocal at some times. I need to see if there is a demo that plays more on the Spicy side and see how it turns out!

She sounds more distinct and unique and less like Rin[/s[; now that's the moe Vocaloid voices have! There doesn't seem to be much pitchbends, so I can only hope she will be showing more potential in more demos.