Strange Stuttering Issue

Munkee Haruka

Momo's Minion
Hello, I'm new to UTAU and I've been trying to make my first cover. I'm working on a cover of Melt with Haruka Nana, and a problem has come up. Every time there is an "o" note, this weird stutter happens. Here is a video demonstrating the problem:

The only commonality I can find between all the "o" notes in the song is that they all have their preutterance and overlap set to 0. I don't know what these parameters mean, but I'm fairly certain they're somehow connected to the problem. I tried using the "Clear" and "Reset" buttons, but those didn't fix the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
When the preutterance and overlap are both 0, that usually means the alias/lyric isn't in the oto. I have Nana's voicebank, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have "i を" or any "を" aliases at all in her settings. Changing the "を" to an "お" should work!

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Munkee Haruka

Momo's Minion
When the preutterance and overlap are both 0, that usually means the alias/lyric isn't in the oto. I have Nana's voicebank, and I'm pretty sure she doesn't have "i を" or any "を" aliases at all in her settings. Changing the "を" to an "お" should work!
Thank you, this seems to have solved the stuttering problem, but now the note sounds weird in a different way.

What do I do to make it sound normal? Or, is this actually fine, and it just sounds weird to me?

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
It looks like the を was changed to an あ (a) instead of an お (o). It's a minor pronunciation difference, but maybe that's what you were hearing?
Also, Nana's transitions from one note to another are a bit "odd" sometimes; that's just how her voicebank is, and it's because of the way it's recorded. Using a different resampler, such as fresamp11, might make that a bit less noticable. It can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/ae63qb
To use fresamp or any resampler that isn't the default, put it in the same folder as the UTAU program and then go to Project (P) -> Project Property (R) -> Tool 2 (resample) - enter fresamp11.exe there.
I'm not really sure if I'm explaining this well, so if anything doesn't make sense, let me know! I'll try to reword it.

Munkee Haruka

Momo's Minion
It looks like the を was changed to an あ (a) instead of an お (o). It's a minor pronunciation difference, but maybe that's what you were hearing?
Also, Nana's transitions from one note to another are a bit "odd" sometimes; that's just how her voicebank is, and it's because of the way it's recorded. Using a different resampler, such as fresamp11, might make that a bit less noticable. It can be downloaded here: http://bit.ly/ae63qb
To use fresamp or any resampler that isn't the default, put it in the same folder as the UTAU program and then go to Project (P) -> Project Property (R) -> Tool 2 (resample) - enter fresamp11.exe there.
I'm not really sure if I'm explaining this well, so if anything doesn't make sense, let me know! I'll try to reword it.
Ah, that first thing was exactly the problem. I don't actually know Japanese yet, so I have trouble identifying the letters. Thank you so much!