Strange File Names

EMBerry

Momo's Minion
So I'm pretty sure these file names are weird thanks to the voicebank being Japanese and my computer being in English, or maybe it's from trying to download a windows file on a Mac (I use a MacBook Pro running on High Sierra). Or maybe this is normal. I'm not the greatest with technology, so if anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it.

When I downloaded the (VCV) voicebank, this was what was inside the folder (which correctly displays the UTAU name in Japanese).
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.57.34 PM.png

This is what I found inside a folder labeled D3, which was inside the folder with the word Arctic. The audio files play normally when I click on them, so I think they're correctly downloaded.
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.57.51 PM.png

When I moved the whole file into the "voice" folder, I got this message no matter folder inside the voicebank file I selected.
Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 4.59.49 PM.png

So is there anything I can do to fix this? Do I need to rename the files myself? Can I change a setting on my MacBook and re-download?

partial

UTAU English advocate
Retired User
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I don't have experience with Macs but it looks like what would be a local error on Windows.
Here's an excerpt from another thread I think you'll find helpful, though.
download The Unarchiver for Mac and use it instead of the default unzipping utility on your computer, or else you'll get mojibake voicebanks when you unzip them.