StarDust-New Chinese Vocaloid(V4)

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
yay! people love her old design :D
tbh imo the design change isnt really needed, but if the artist wants to cange some elements its fine by me

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
I don't see any reason why they should change her design, she looks cute as is, imo I believe any vocaloid could rock the pigtail look, Don't tell me that people will hate Daina just because she has a ponytail and only SONIKA could use it? or probably people should hate Lily since she has long hair like Luka. btw she looks nothing like Miku Append, Miku append has that weird looking spandex suit, and she never officially had short pigtails unless given by the fandom and or producers, her pigtails just went by thick to skinny.

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Insted of people assuming that she's a rip off, why not just think about it for a moment and ask"Is this a rip off? Or just inspired?"

Reactions: nui

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Insted of people assuming that she's a rip off, why not just think about it for a moment and ask"Is this a rip off? Or just inspired?"
omg gurl yes. I do think her original concept is a bit better, but I still like her design. It reminds me of Cortana from Halo and I love Cortana.

Reactions: nui

bio

VocalSynth Enthusiast
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
omg gurl yes. I do think her original concept is a bit better, but I still like her design. It reminds me of Cortana from Halo and I love Cortana.
yass gurl
but her original concept is better, im curious about her new one tho

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
check out this diagram (even if you can't read it the images are pretty self-explanatory).

things that are near-identical between this and miku/miku append:
  • arm warmers
  • stomach cutout in skintight leotard thing
  • sleeveless but with collar
  • blue pigtails (they create a similar effect)
  • thigh highs
  • some kind of speaker thing at the hip
  • pleated skirt
  • bonus: the boots are really similar to alys, and maybe other ones that i'm not thinking of
this is nearly every design element xing chen has. people aren't just assuming she's a ripoff - it's very similar. I don't hate the design either, but it really is way too close to miku.
plus the pigtail thing - it's that combined with everything else that makes people think it's a ripoff. lily and seeu both have long blonde hair but everything else about their designs is different enough that it's clear they're different, and plus long blonde hair is pretty common. same with miku and aoki. with xing chen there are only a couple of unique elements, and everything else is very close to miku. I just think that vocanese deserves better than that.

Info-Chan

SELENA Developer
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Miku has pigtails and Stardust has quadtails. Two TOTALLY different hairstyles. Also Miku isn't original either btw. She's literally just sailor moon and an anime school girl put together lol.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Miku has pigtails and Stardust has quadtails. Two TOTALLY different hairstyles. Also Miku isn't original either btw. She's literally just sailor moon and an anime school girl put together lol.
at first glance the hairstyles look very similar :P at least, the silhouette is close.

and miku being unoriginal doesn't change anything.

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
Ehh, the Miku-esque design isn't THAT bad. Miku is a successful VOCALOID so she's going to inspire future projects design-wise. Plus, there's going to be a redesign, right? They'll probably add a couple of more unique elements and take away a couple of the ones that stand out most. (Except for the quadtails. I'm SO living for those.) You also have to take into consideration that her voice could very well make up for her similarities to Miku, we don't know yet. I'm excited for Stardust.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ehh, the Miku-esque design isn't THAT bad. Miku is a successful VOCALOID so she's going to inspire future projects design-wise. Plus, there's going to be a redesign, right? They'll probably add a couple of more unique elements and take away a couple of the ones that stand out most. (Except for the quadtails. I'm SO living for those.) You also have to take into consideration that her voice could very well make up for her similarities to Miku, we don't know yet. I'm excited for Stardust.
yeah, I don't *hate* the design. I like the color scheme and the quadtail thing is fine. to be honest the only things I really don't like are the arm warmers and the stomach cutout. otherwise I'm pretty excited, haha

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
yeah, I don't *hate* the design. I like the color scheme and the quadtail thing is fine. to be honest the only things I really don't like are the arm warmers and the stomach cutout. otherwise I'm pretty excited, haha
As am I. I'm not even Chinese but new Vocaloids that are made for languages other than Japanese are pretty exciting to me. This is my first time finding out about Stardust and even if her design mostly stays the same, I do hope that her voice makes up for any visual similarities to Miku's Append.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
As am I. I'm not even Chinese but new Vocaloids that are made for languages other than Japanese are pretty exciting to me. This is my first time finding out about Stardust and even if her design mostly stays the same, I do hope that her voice makes up for any visual similarities to Miku's Append.
I am chinese so chinese vocaloids are Very Important to me ò_ó
however I also just like hearing about/nitpicking at new vocaloids in general

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
I just like hearing about new voicebanks in general, too. Be it VOCALOID or UTAU. I have a feeling this bank will be quite nice, though.

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
XING CHEN REDESIGN RELEASED!

11223964_1082974111732467_1729507386023764220_n.jpg

drawn by ideolo! I really like this design 8)