specific notes won't play and i'm about to explode

heyitsTy

Momo's Minion
hi! i'm sorta kinda a novice when it comes to utau; i have a fairly basic knowledge of it due to trying it in 2020 and picking it back up recently. i'm trying my hand at making a jinriki utau for fun (not distributing it either) and for the most part its been fairly easy. i've had a few hiccups but i was able to get them fixed pretty quickly.

however, there's one problem that keeps persisting no matter what i do. certain notes will NOT play. no matter if i oto it, move it out of the program files folder (which, reset my entire oto which is. fun. gotta rewrite that whole thing again). its a work in progress, and most notes work perfectly fine and are not effected. it somehow went away before with like, switching the hirigana to the alias and the romaji to the name of the file, or just deleting and starting over the oto. but this time, with the ha sound, nothing works. it just does this low buzzing noise that shows its like, playing? but nothing works. even tried using a different sample for the sound and nothing worked, so its not like the file itself was corrupted. tried exporting it as stereo. nothing.

i did try using tips, a resampler that was recommended by the tutorials ive been watching, but it made the voice (including defoko's when i tried her) sound more robotic and crushed than normal, even when properly oto'd. but with the built in resampler, the buzzing sound persists. defoko's "ha" sound works perfectly fine.

i have noticed that every time it happens, this message shows up. i think its also worth noting that it takes much longer to load than other notes and it has some sort of "countdown" along with it. i tried to decipher the message on my own, but i only know an extremely limited amount of japanese and can only recognize hirigana and some katakana characters rather than most, if not all, kanji. i tried to copy and paste some of it, which was difficult since it went by so fast, but it led to nothing. it was some generic phrase that meant something along the lines of "settings" or the like.
1714195680486.png

i also have a video of it happening in real time that i took to show my friends. idk how i'd upload it but if needed i can always send it if it would help.

ive been searching for HOURS trying to find something about it, but all i find are discussions on flags, and i even tried toying with those settings to no avail. it almost seems like utau is forcibly adding filters to the sample without user input, and no way (at least that i can see) to fix it. that's my hypothesis anyways.

its honestly incredibly frustrating; i was making wonderful progress finally finding a tutorial explaining otoing in a way i can understand and making otos that created a nice, smooth sound, even though it was coming from the voice lines of a video game character. i'd hate for this to come to a stopping point since i've been making great progress so far and i dont want to scrap the project entirely either due to frustration or just the general jankiness of either the vb or the program.

if any of you can give possible solutions or suggestions to help out, that'd be greatly appreciated, especially considering i barely have. any idea what i'm doing lmao.

thanks

heyitsTy

Momo's Minion
adding a comment to say that i also posted this on reddit for more reach and was able to upload the video. i'm not sure if it'll help much but i figured i'd add it.