Sound (singing?) not working, tried everything.

Matiri

Momo's Minion
Hello! I'm Matiri, and I have been part of the Vocaloid community for years, but I just started with the UTAU program and I'm having some problems with the audio. I guessed it is normal, and yet I cant fix it with the solutions given in the others posts. (I'm sorry beforehand if this has been answered before, and if this isn't the right section ;; )

Context:
  • Windows 10, updates to date (Computer isn't a year old yet, 7 months at most, use it to draw/animate/play, haven't had issues with a program running until now)
  • Locale changed to Japanese before downloading of program and voice banks
  • Japanese as 1 of 3 keyboards (Been learning it for some months so it was a need)
  • Program running on English (The decimal isn't the problem here since I'm not from Europe)
  • Already tried uninstalling and installing again everything, 3 times

I installed the voice banks of:
  • Kohaku Merry (Tightrope)
  • Denatsu Sora (Bloodmoon* & Halcyon)
Still, none of the three* make a sound.
If I click the sample, I hear it. In Groove Music (the app that windows uses to reproduce audios) I heard every sound and they're running just fine, made sure they're '.wav'. I have both voice banks in the folder of voices of UTAU (Bloodmoon is not extracted yet since I'm trying to fix this first, but it is there*). The three have their own 'oto'. I'm typing the lyrics in hiragana, nothing.

Something I did notices is the lack of image in the upper left square, when it does come in the folder... does it have something to do with the problem?

kamonohashi

a small person
Defender of Defoko
are the banks vcv? i haven't really used any of those banks so i'm not sure. but if they're vcv and you're only typing like "い" "き" "ま" etc. rather than "- い" "i き" "i ま" then utau won't play the notes

Matiri

Momo's Minion
are the banks vcv? i haven't really used any of those banks so i'm not sure. but if they're vcv and you're only typing like "い" "き" "ま" etc. rather than "- い" "i き" "i ま" then utau won't play the notes

Yes they are. I have been typing how you recommended (and the other way around too, just to see if something came out), and still no sound is produced.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Try moving the entire UTAU folder outside of program files. Also check that in the project properties, resampler.dll is unchecked.

Matiri

Momo's Minion
Try moving the entire UTAU folder outside of program files. Also check that in the project properties, resampler.dll is unchecked.

I had UTAU out of program files since the start, I forgot to mention that, ups. I checked that 'resampler.dll' is unchecked and it has always been, still can't get them to sing. I also read to try and run 'initialize freq. map' on the vb...no result. :cc