So what is A LA CARTE and what does it do?

Nikiten

Momo's Minion
I haven't poked around UTAU much but I found these thingies in the built-in tools and  I don't know what they are, what they do or how to use them. ._. I'm sure they were in utau 2.76 though.

And utau 2.77. I just installed it. I don't think anything has changed much, but I couldn't find the changelog.

Rai

Teto's Territory
It's (as far as I've discovered) an all-in-one tool that allows you to connect vowels to other notes smoothly, modify the transition between notes and add vibrato with different settings such as depth, frequency and duration.

MystSaphyr

Procrastinator Extraordinaire
Administrator
Defender of Defoko
No offense but uh... saying omakase is the secret to smooth vocals is like saying burn tool is the secret to good shading in photoshop :uhm:;;

It's an easy fix-it option but it doesn't always work to make an UTAU sound any smoother or more realistic. It sets generic vibrato and pitchbends, so it makes everything it's applied to sound the exact same.

Compare this to this. Both VCV, but Ritsu's used omakase settings and Hachi's used individual tuning.

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
UTAU 2.77 is optimized for Windows-like runtime environments like Wine or Mikuinstaller. Plus, I think that it accepts Unicode filenames.

hotarukensaki

Momo's Minion
Okay so I know this is somewhat unrelated but is there any way to see your settings on A La Carte after you've tuned something with it? I had an AMAZING setting I used with it but I completely forgot what the settings were and need the settings for the rest of my UTAU cover...