Roll to Dodge

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
Aww, no fruit? ono Okay, I look to see if there's anything I can fashion a sling out of (the weapon kind) besides my clothing.

"That's a good idea! We could make a map on a leaf or something."

Emolga

Momo's Minion
Oh geez, nothing? Hm... I guess I'll go into the island to see if there's some sort of food I can find :uhm:

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KaelemGaen said:
Well snap, I will use my re-remembered neurology skills to make sure Jpe isn't having any Neurological side effects from the wound.

"We should gather some water and I do have a camp, I hope my fire hasn't burned out."

Seems like she's stable mentally. That's good, it must mean at least that the poison didn't enter her bloodstream and just gathered around the wound. ((oh god look at all the pseudoscience I am making up )).

NicolaCola said:
Woohoo! I try and weave the thin twigs into a basket~

"This lake looks like it's got plenty of fresh water. How about we mark out a path between the lake and your camp to make sure that we can find it again?"

You're able to create a small basket. Given the materials, it's actually quite sturdy.

Austria said:
Dang. Ok. Hunting for food it is.

4. You wander around and enter the forest, coming across a grove of coconut trees. There seems to be a single tree with one's that look ripe.

Jpegurl said:
Aww, no fruit? ono Okay, I look to see if there's anything I can fashion a sling out of (the weapon kind) besides my clothing.

"That's a good idea! We could make a map on a leaf or something."

Hanging from a tree is a clod of sturdy yet malleable vines. You snatch them and start tying some into a nice little sling. It comes out great; very sturdy.

Emolga said:
Oh geez, nothing? Hm... I guess I'll go into the island to see if there's some sort of food I can find :uhm:

Wandering into the forest, you notice a tiny bush with berries. It won't be enough but it's something.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Awww yisss! Food! I'll gather it up and look for something to make a little bag out of to carry it.
(is that 2 or is that 1 action uhhh)

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
"Well you seem good for now Jpe, but we should find someone to suck out the venom if there is any."

Following Nicola's Suggestion I will look for stuff that allows me to mark a path between the watering hole and the camp.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
welp sorry, I didn't forget.

Jpegurl said:
Alright, a weapon! :D I use the same vines to try to make a small satchel.

You tried fastening them together to make a satchel but they just wouldn't come together the way you want.

Austria said:
Awww yisss! Food! I'll gather it up and look for something to make a little bag out of to carry it.
(is that 2 or is that 1 action uhhh)

You snatch some branches, vines and leaves and fasten a bag. It's sort of small-ish, but it can hold about two coconuts, at least.

Emolga said:
Little food. I'm a just see if there's a way I could build a fire then \w/

You find a couple twigs you think may be dry enough to start some kind of fire.

KaelemGaen said:
"Well you seem good for now Jpe, but we should find someone to suck out the venom if there is any."

Following Nicola's Suggestion I will look for stuff that allows me to mark a path between the watering hole and the camp.

The vines hanging from one of the trees are a distinct pink color, and very long. It contrasts the green and brown of the floor well, so you may be able to tie them together and lead it from the pond to your campsite.

Austria

Momo's Minion
Defender of Defoko
Great! I'll put some coconuts in the bag and hold some in my arms.
Now to a more important task: Are there people on the island? //goes searching

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Woah sorry it took so long to update! I am kind of scatterbrained. = w =;;

Austria said:
Great! I'll put some coconuts in the bag and hold some in my arms.
Now to a more important task: Are there people on the island? //goes searching

You wonder around in the forest a bit, looking for any others who may be stranded here too. You come into an opening with a small bush of berries, nearby is a guy you've never met, Emolga.

KaelemGaen said:
I begin the process of harvesting the pink vines and trying to tie them together.

You've fashioned a long rope and Attatch it to a tree. It should be long enough to reach at least to the point where the forest ends and the beach begins.

NicolaCola said:
I look around for anything else that may be of interest in the area around the lake.

Looking around the lake, you initially cannot find anything out of the ordinary or particularly useful, but something catches your eye. It's a birds nest up in one of the trees.

----

Also, I'm thinking about adding a little "trigger." Every three update posts, I will roll a die for a random event to move things along. A 1 would cause something really bad to happen, a 6 would cause something really good, 3 would cause something neutral that doesn't affect anyone too severely either way. Is this a good idea or should we just keep it simple?

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
((Ooh, I really like the idea of having trigger events. I think you might want to space them out a little more than three posts, or perhaps use them just when you feel we need them? But I think that would be an awesome idea. ouob))

Well, I'm definitely not going to raid the bird's nest. I'll leave the nest be and see if I can help Kaelem or Jpe with anything.

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
((I like the idea of trigger events!))

Sweet, Alright I wave to those around the pond "I'm going to mark a path to my camp just follow the pink vines." And I attempt to make my way back to the camp, while holding the pink vines.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Jpegurl said:
Hmmm, I search to see if I can find any animals that are okay to eat and not too deadly.

No animals around.

NicolaCola said:
((Ooh, I really like the idea of having trigger events. I think you might want to space them out a little more than three posts, or perhaps use them just when you feel we need them? But I think that would be an awesome idea. ouob))

Well, I'm definitely not going to raid the bird's nest. I'll leave the nest be and see if I can help Kaelem or Jpe with anything.

Kaelem goes on his way to lay down the vines, so you decide that he should be okay on his own. Jpe's hunt for animals isn't going so well but you don't think helping her would do much good either.

KaelemGaen said:
((I like the idea of trigger events!))

Sweet, Alright I wave to those around the pond "I'm going to mark a path to my camp just follow the pink vines." And I attempt to make my way back to the camp, while holding the pink vines.

You go on your way back to the beach. You manage to find the shore again after a while. Now you have a path; a way to get back to the fresh water lake later.

((Ah, right, 3 might be too little. I'll toss the, in whenever I feel something is needed then. ;3))

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Now that we've got the pink vines laid out, I follow them to the beach so I can bring back that pile of fish using the basket I just made.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Jpegurl said:
Awww. :c Fine, I look to see if I can find anything I can use as ammo for my slings.

There are plenty of small rocks that would be useful as ammo lying around.

KaelemGaen said:
I check on my shelter to see if it's still standing.

The shelter is still up, that thing sure is stiff. However, because of that it probably can't be broken apart if need be later.

NicolaCola said:
Now that we've got the pink vines laid out, I follow them to the beach so I can bring back that pile of fish using the basket I just made.

You follow the vines back but... the fish aren't there. Maybe they got swept back into the ocean. Or some birds came and carried them away.