Roll to Dodge

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Let's try this out. :3

These are the rules: http://rpgcode.ultimaterpg.org/t3-roll-to-dodge-rules

Basically, you write an action and I use random.org to generate a number and make up an outcome based on the number. Just try to keep actions semi-realistic. :wink:

Anyone can post at any time but they have to start from the begining. Players can interact with each other as well.

Start:
You wake up on the beach of an island. You have no idea how you got there, but you need to get home. The sun is starting to set. What do you do? (note that all players will start at separate edges of the island, but can meet up later by using actions to get closer to each other).

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
You rolled a 4.

There are some thin logs and seaweed strewn across the beach, and with enough luck, you might be able to build a shoddy tent.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
4 again.

After some hassle arranging all the pieces, you now have a cozy little tent to protect you. The sun is still setting, and it will be night in a few hours.

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
After waking up and coping with the shock of not knowing where I am, I check my pockets to see if I have anything on my person that might be useful in surviving on this island.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
NicolaCola said:
After waking up and coping with the shock of not knowing where I am, I check my pockets to see if I have anything on my person that might be useful in surviving on this island.

You got a 2.

Nothing in your pockets at all. Well, there's air, but that won't help you much.

Jpegurl said:
I search for something to make a weapon out of

You got a 2, also.

There isn't a single thing around that you can fashion into a weapon. Just sand, sand, and more sand.

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Yay, air! At least that means I can breathe~ ouo

I decide that if I'm on a forsaken island, I might as well have some means of getting food. I figure the ocean's got to have some fish in it, so I peer out into the ocean to see if I can spot any fish.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KaelemGaen said:
I try to find some kindling or other things I can make a fire with.

You rolled a 4.

Farther up the beach, away from the water, you spot some dry twigs and leaves. They're right near a jungle that seems to cover the center of the island. You grab some and run back to your tent.

Jpegurl said:
Hmmm, not good. I look around to see if there's anything that could kill me.

Oh god, a 1.

You see a spider crawling along the shore. It comes right up to you tries to bites your leg.

~Roll to dodge the threat~

For dodging, you rolled a 6.

You take a swing a it with your hand, and while it dies, it managed to bite you. You're worried that you may have been poisoned in the process.

NicolaCola said:
Yay, air! At least that means I can breathe~ ouo

I decide that if I'm on a forsaken island, I might as well have some means of getting food. I figure the ocean's got to have some fish in it, so I peer out into the ocean to see if I can spot any fish.

Ooh, a 5.

You peer out into the ocean in search for fish. Luckily for you, there's a pile of dead fish right up on the sand!

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Woohoo! I grab a couple of fish just in case and then go into the forest to see if I can find anything I can use to carry the pile of dead fish with me.

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
I set up a fire area a safe distance from my tent, but close enough to hopefully warm me through the night and attempt to start a fire.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
KaelemGaen said:
I set up a fire area a safe distance from my tent, but close enough to hopefully warm me through the night and attempt to start a fire.

You grab two sticks and press the, together, rolling them between your hands to create enough friction. A large fire starts in the center of the pile, much quicker than anticipated. Your left hand is caught directly inside the fire and you suffer burns.

NicolaCola said:
Woohoo! I grab a couple of fish just in case and then go into the forest to see if I can find anything I can use to carry the pile of dead fish with me.

Just a 2.

Upon entering the forest, nothing epimmediately catches your eye that would be helpful for carrying fish.

KaelemGaen

Teto's Territory
OUCH! okay um I remove my hand from the fire and I quickly look for something that I can treat my burns with besides salt-water.

Jpegurl

Teto's Territory
Spiders....why'd it have to be spiders?

Okay, I go to the ocean to cleanse out the bite. A stinging wound is better than a poisoned wound.

Ant

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
Jpegurl said:
Spiders....why'd it have to be spiders?

Okay, I go to the ocean to cleanse out the bite. A stinging wound is better than a poisoned wound.

Ack, a 1. Jpe you have no luck whatsoever.

The saltwater singes the bite, making things even worse. It didn't do a thing at all for the poison, either. The pain is crippling, you need to take care of this stat.

KaelemGaen said:
OUCH! okay um I remove my hand from the fire and I quickly look for something that I can treat my burns with besides salt-water.

You run into the first, looking for something to cure the burn. You come across a small pond and dunk your hand inside. The wound stings, but the burning ceases. Thankfully, you won't lose that hand.

NicolaCola

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Ah, well all right, I guess I'll just have to come back to the pile of fish later. Turning my focus from the fish, I decide to look for other people who might have also been stranded on this island.