Resampler development for QTau

digited

Momo's Minion
Hi Utaforum users,

I'm making a free opensource crossplatform UTAU alternative QTau, looks like this now:

kOozBKh.png

Works on Windows and Linux now (should work everywhere basically). Can be translated to any language by anyone with QtLinguist.

Latest Windows build from 12 Aug (very alpha, just GUI).

QTau needs a resampler, but thing is, I don't know much about how a resampler should work, about UTAU and voicebanks, and what do strings in oto.ini mean, so I need someone (more is better) to talk about that, so that someone gives me the basics and I get some understanding about direction to head to in development.

Can talk here or in irc #vocadb at irc.rizon.net.

I'll be grateful for any help.

inb4 you ask - I do this because it's interesting for me.
inb4 someone proposes to look at efb-* or cadencii's resampler - looking already.

FantasyXII

Momo's Minion
This is very great!! I would love to try it if it's complete!! But I can't help you with the development, since I don't know any programming knowledge, but I will give my full support to you :3

EDIT : I just try it, the interface is simple but nice.. But too bad QTau still can't do anything :<

baye

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This looks so cool!! I so want to try it once it gets a resampler!

digited

Momo's Minion
Thank you for description.

I guess you'd have to write up a program that understand what UTAU tells it, and utilises a formant filter. And the frequency files (frq, pmk, etc)

No way, I'll try to write a resampler specially for qtau. Running it as an external process and constant read/write/parse is what UTAU and Cadencii already do, it doesn't make much sense for user, is redundant and abuses hdd.

digited

Momo's Minion
btw what do frequency files contain? Current pitch of phoneme for further shifting or something more complicated?

What's formant filtering?

Dangosan

Jellie Bellie Pete Rat Gummie Candie
Defender of Defoko
Wow! I'm making a similar program, but I need to finish my C++ tutorial. The only applications I've made so far are simple console ones.

digited

Momo's Minion
Dangosan said:
Wow! I'm making a similar program, but I need to finish my C++ tutorial. The only applications I've made so far are simple console ones.
Then I wish you a lot of reading, practice and determination. See you in 3-4 years.

QTau now is a joint project with ShurabaP, author of v.Connect-STAND resampler for Cadencii, so chances are that demo will be already packed with a working synth.
Things go pretty well overall.

Currently QTau sounds like this.

世壊れ

Momo's Minion
This project is very interesting, and th interface is cool ! I want to test ^^, but I haven't understand how to use it on a windows computer.