Recording in Hiragana or English for OREMO?

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Strange question, but it's been a while since I last recorded a bank. Right now, all I want is a VCV bank, and I'm using OREMO to record since it's easier. I found a few reclists, some being in all Hiragana and some being all in English, is it better to record in one or the other for VCV? Or does it not matter?

Fif

Macne Nana Stan
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
if you’re generating your base oto with moresampler then you can use either

lunari162

Defoko's Slaves
Defender of Defoko
Both would work, so it's really just a matter of which you prefer. Otoing the voicebank should be in hiragana, but the file names can be romaji/English or hiragana and it'll be fine either way. Base otos exist for both.
(I'm not sure which is better for OREMO because I don't use that program... sorry.)
I record and save the file names in romaji because I think it's more compatible with other computers. If someone's locale isn't set correctly, a voicebank with hiragana file names could be corrupted. But in the end, it's completely up to you, and a lot of users use hiragana file names instead because that's easier for them.
Good luck recording your voicebank!

jellophish

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Thanks ya'll! I'm actually commissioning someone to oto it for me anyway, so that all checks out.

Reactions: Kiyoteru