Promoting Matsuo Sora

Sors

Local Guppie & UTAU Korean Advocate
Tutor
Defender of Defoko
I don't know if this is the right place for promotion, but heck whatever, I'll get moved if it's wrong.

A month ago, I created my own UTAU: Matsuo Sora. So far, I've only heard good feedback, and yesterday, I finished his Power Voicebank. Now, I want to promote him! Help Sora become a good and known UTAU! According to friends, he has potential. Well, judge by yourself, and if he has potential in your opinion, then help him fulfill that potential, by sharing! Show the world the UTAU Matsuo Sora!
- Showcasing his Power VB
- Normal VB

matsuo_sora.jpg

P

partial

I see nothing wrong with helping promote, especially because a lot of people are into Japanese banks....however, I think multipitch and English capabilities will help him further. (My apologies if he already has these things.)

Reactions: Piia and Kiyoteru

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Multipitch is actually in developement, english will also soon be developed. Also, please share as much as you can!

P

partial

And well, his Power voicebank get's muffled on lower octaves...and I don't think it's too high tbh
It isn't that he's too high. It's that the notes don't quite sound right, like you moved them all up by a few notes, but not enough to make it a whole octave. If you're gonna do it by semitones, at least raise or lower your background music as well.

P

partial

If you want this guy to become used frequently, you're gonna have to do a lot of work. I mean extra banks after extra banks, multipitch, multilingual, you're going to need artists interested in drawing fanart. You're going to need people who will make PVs for you, you're going to need original songs, you're probably also going to need to do regular updates and also provide supplemental information. What kind of environment was he recorded in, and on what microphone? Are you ever going to try different recording methods, such as CVVC? (Because I personally won't even try VCV. I have a lot of problems with overlaps and crossfades sounding wrong, even with mod0 and adjusting and such.)

Reactions: Kiyoteru and Piia

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
All you mentioned is planned. I plan on VCV and CVVC Banks, and three language updates. Extra VCV Appends, Extra CVVC Appends, Extra English, German and Korean Appends etc.

P

partial

All you mentioned is planned. I plan on VCV and CVVC Banks, and three language updates. Extra VCV Appends, Extra CVVC Appends, Extra English, German and Korean Appends etc.
But do you have people ready to compose original songs, and are you going to compensate them for it? Do you have artists ready? Are they volunteering or will you pay them? Do you have artists on hand to do PVs for you?

Imo, the more people you have helping you with your work, the farther it will spread around.

Reactions: Kiyoteru

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Well. I have a volunteer artist, who works with me on a regular basis. About others I don't know yet, since I started free. Besides, I don't want Sora to become the next Teto, Ritsu or Ruko. I want him to be known a bit; just so I'm not the ONLY one using his voicebanks.

P

partial

Well. I have a volunteer artist, who works with me on a regular basis. About others I don't know yet, since I started free. Besides, I don't want Sora to become the next Teto, Ritsu or Ruko. I want him to be known a bit; just so I'm not the ONLY one using his voicebanks.
Everyone wants someone to enjoy using their UTAU.

I'm not saying you want him to be the next Teto. I'm just saying, having PVs of covers featuring him would really help your UTAU get better known, as would originals. For example, Servant of Evil. I think you'd get a lot more views on a cover of that with its own PV than just taking already existing PVs for the song that feature Len. See my point? I'm only trying to tell you what I think'd help.
[doublepost=1488999095,1488997983][/doublepost]I'm really not trying to be mean. I'm trying to be honest.

Having all these extra banks and things planned doesn't mean anything to anyone who uses UTAU. It is once the UTAU publicly has all these capabilities that eyebrows raise and people become curious. I understand what you're feeling - I am hopeful people enjoy TYPE A, too. But I also understand the shortcomings of my UTAU - he doesn't have multipitch, nor does he have any sort of extra expression bank (appends, as a lot call them). And until he gets those things, along with more artwork, actual PVs, and the like, I know he won't become an UTAU with a name familiar to most. And I'm willing to work with that without throwing a fit about it. Because I will get to updates, but I don't whine about how no one cares about my UTAU while those updates aren't even a reality yet.

Tbh, it really feels like you're trying to shove Sora into our view and push everything else out, with promises of updates and extras and multilingual capabilities. But until those are a reality to potential users, we won't really have a lot of interest. Until you've got multiple artists and video composers at your hand to help with interesting release demos, and maybe even composers to help with songs, even the releases for your UTAU bank's appends probably won't be noticed very much simply because you have so much to compete with. Another thing to consider, is, when working with such a huge list of updates.....do you have help otoing to get Sora's banks out in a good timeframe? Do you have beta testers to run through the otos and make sure nothing was configured incorrectly?

You've got to take points like these into consideration, as well.

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Sheesh. Tbh it all sounds pretty harsh and discouraging...

Well, I won't launch any append, until EVERY append is recorded. Also, of course I plan on beta tests. About otoing...well, all CV banks will be otoed by myself; and for VCV and CVVC and what else, I'll either use the generators most use, or ask or even comission someone who is experienced with otoing those. I also have someone who creates an MMD model; as MMD videos are also popular.

Reactions: partial
P

partial

Sheesh. Tbh it all sounds pretty harsh and discouraging...

Well, I won't launch any append, until EVERY append is recorded. Also, of course I plan on beta tests. About otoing...well, all CV banks will be otoed by myself; and for VCV and CVVC and what else, I'll either use the generators most use, or ask or even comission someone who is experienced with otoing those. I also have someone who creates an MMD model; as MMD videos are also popular.
Like I've said - I'm not trying to be harsh or discouraging. It's just, making it in the UTAU world takes a lot of work because there's a ton of banks to compete with! No hard feelings. I'm even willing to help with art and PVs if you want.

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Really? I would really appreciate that!!

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
It's good and fine to have fun with UTAU and do what you want. If you're not ready to commit to the work involved in actually becoming well known, then you can at least encourage there to be more users by making friends, doing duets/choruses, and submitting him to medleys.

Sors

Tutor
Defender of Defoko
Thanks. I actually wanted to make a 4 or 5 UTAU cover of Lily Lily ☆ Burning Night. I just love that song so much...