Promote thread : Chroniques of an Amateur Troubadour

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
♥~ ~♥

So I decided to open up on people's advices from the chatbox~♥ Indeed, I use to spam chatbox with everything I find either on YT, NND or SC. I can range from jazz to rock and opera, going through funk, new wave, chanson, electro... Both IRL music and synth music come in. All of this promotion I was kinda doing for the fun or without thinking too much about it leaded me to create this thread that will serve to promote artists, or to make people (re)discover older songs. Not only French songs will pop up, English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, Korean... will get their turn too !

It'll be just a test, ok ? If it keeps on interesting people and I manage to make it last, then I'll do my best and continue on this.

This is how things will go for this thread : I post about music I like, discover or simply spamming songs (both originals and covers/translyrics) that can't get out of my mind.

Some categories will be more serious than others. We start with "In a nutshell...." dealing with latest news related to music, File of the day (can be slightly off-topic by dealing with something else than music or being related to it without being about showing up a song) , Song of the day (a song picked for its quality, the emotional tie I've to it, or simply because it's a song that has an attractive beat to my ears or simply for the fun), Artist of the day (I pick an artist with a short summarized biography of them, some of their songs including both the msot famous tunes and then lesser known nor broadcasted performances) , Bonus (generally about something having happened on the day of the chronicles and can also be for things that are hard to classify) and finally, the WTF moment / parody of the day. This latter concerns any meme, parody nor simply music and videoclips going beyond understanding or really particular. Not necessarily kitsch stuffs can be found in that last category.

~ Je déclare officiellement ouverte la série des Chroniques d'une Troubadouresse amatrice ~

In a nutshell...
- Phil Collins performed at the US Open's ceremony after six years of absence from stage (31/08)
- Freddie Mercury's name was given to an asteroid for his 70th birthday (06/09)
- Eight months since David Bowie getting an artificla set of seven stars forming a constellation representing Ziggy Stardust's thunder makeup
- Incoming releases of Véronique Sanson's new album, as well as Marc Lavoine's "musical novel" LEs Souliers rouges based on the novel written by Hans Christian Andersen (09/09)

File of the day :

STELLAR* . Another girls' band in the world of k-pop and girls' band. Yet those four girls came back and with their music, brought back a topic that happens to be mediatized more and more : crowdfunding music creation under all of its forms. Indeed, to fund a part of their 2nd mini-album Sting, a campaign was launched with an initial goal of $8,418. In three days the fund is raised, and a few days later it goes up by 4x.

Closer to us crowdfunding music creation was an help for little studios or amateur artists who wouldn't manage to fund their works, like in the Vocaloid world, and even for other synths. The biggest and among msot recent examples were Tohoku Zunko (and her sisters) whose purpose was the recovery of the Tohoku area after the dramatic events havnig followed the earthquake. On VOICEROID side, Seika benefited from such help, leading then to success of the campaign project, production and release.

Song of the day :
Back to the past, the song I've picked comes right from the 80's and is one of the two hits by the band Début de Soirée. Who are they ? A DJ duo from this era (they split in 2004) but reformed briefly for events and are still touring. Just like "Nuit de folie", "La vie la nuit" deals well... With your daily party and summer songs, it's summertime, we wanna dance, sing, maybe fall in love and keep some of this ambiance even when it's over~ The singers and rappers/DJs are Sacha Goëller and William Picard. La vie la nuit was released in 1988, right after Nuit de Folie.

Why picking up this song ? I wanted to start sweetly with a song "for the fun"... And to be honest I like Sacha and William's voices and I am still impressed by their rapping since rapping is to me the hardest thing to do, even harder than getting an opera voice and doing the aria of Queen of night from Mozart's works. OTL;; The beat always catches me and well, even if psychologically and meteorologically-speaking Summer is over, we're still on it until 22nd of September. So it feels good to keep some summer vibes ~

The Artist of the Day : Spotlight On...

I'm not much into K-pop music nor other Korean music so my knowledge is pretty much limited (but I do research !). However I wanted to share again this artist as I finally could listen to her mini-album. Today's artist is Luna, from the band f(x).
luna-free-somebody.jpg
Born Park Sun-Young on the 12th of August in 1993 in Séoul, she joined the band f(x) after having been noticed through "Truth Game" by SBS Televisions back in 2006. It was in September 2009 and after a career with the band, she recently started her solo debuts on the 31st of May. During the whole summer, her hit and also title-song "Free Somebody" took over and even gained a few popularity in the VocaUTAU fandom through the amazing SeeU cover done by Nachokuma you c
an hear here. You can find the mini-album on iTunes and listen to it to either YT, or like here on Sound9cloud (fan's link, not the official):

Official website : http://fx.smtown.com/Intro
YT channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC06v2Mqte9cfn-3SMwpvFUA
Twitter : https://twitter.com/fx_sunyoungpark
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/hermosavidaluna/

Bonus:

On a 9th of September, something happened in the Vocaloid world... Rana, a cute tomboyish voicebank was released through the magazine "Vocaloid-P Ni Naritai !!" making her the first Vocaloid to be sold that way, and the close second synth in the VocaUtau section after the Windows 100% UTAUs voiced by famous utaite. One year later, Rana V4 was unveiled and released, enabling people outside of Japan and who couldn't buy the issues monthly (you had to purchase every issue to get a code at the price of 799 yens, roughly 6€ or 6 dollars) to access more easily to her voicebank. As to remember this event and wish We've inc. an happy birthday to their Vocaloid, here are the demos originally amde with Rana V3 and Rana V4 :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS2fiBO02Q8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pUBLy-F-jc

Happy birthday Rana !

UBT alos the birthday of a great artist, Claude nougaro !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0GMQzCxrXc

The WTF moment/ parody of the day :
My favourite parody song by LEs Inconnus. And it's probably the only time you'd see me loving French grammar and spelling getting so much martyrized <3 This one was done during their active period in the early 1990's and parodiesseveral rock and indie bands and singers :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1C3Mc53fm7Y

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! We're the 10th of September, and you're on UF. And welcome to the Chronicles of an Amateur Troubadour !
Also, inaugurating a new category paired up with "In a nutshell..." and tied to bonus and song/artist sections. This category will now introduce the whole post of each chronicles, Discover of the day ! Mostly reserved to very brand new tunes, artists and musical/communication fields.

Discover of the day :
Discovered through Alcaline, a musical show featured on France 2 that often gets a short size version of few minutes presenting an artist nor a song, and alking about anything related to music, at the end you can have a song played for a few seconds as end credits and this one was pretty much particular.

In a nutshell...
- David Teie, a musician and searcher released the album Music for Cats, the first album aimed at animals
- Coldplay plans to perform on stain India for free as symbol to fight against extreme poverty
- YOHIOloid celebrates his third year of release !

File of the day : When you meet your vocal clone #1
Ok to be quite honest I was expecting to make something for this category but I keep it for later as it's condensed and decided instead to start a serie (the parts won't be posted simultaneoulsy, hence why I bother putting the number back and forth). Until now, this matter of meeting one's own vocal clone was pretty much non-existing. Sure, we knew about sound-alike people around us that may sound like us or our lover, friend, brother, sister, father, mother, and so on. However, having a vocal clone based DIRECTLy onto your own voice was a little bit more special. First example coming to mind but probably not in History, Ranka Lee, GUMI and Megumi Nakajima. Being a young idol at the age of 14, Megumi was noticed and hired to voice an idol in a science-fiction series : Ranka Lee. Several singles and performances later, she was chosen to work on Internet Co's second Vocaloid : Megpoid. The Mascot was given the name "Gumi" in reference to Megumi's own childhood nickname. Before her, GACKt lended his voice for Gackpoid. These Vocaloids brought back a quite fresh matter, this of vocal clone. During the first steps of Vocaloid, some artists expressed their concerns about having a product using their voice, but being on the edge of "they're like them" and '"they're different personas". However, some were highly interested and fascinated in these sound-alike directly sampled from their own vocal chords. Being very well-known and established singers, GACKt and Megumi Nakajima had fans of them (who were also interested in Vocaloid and other synths for some of them) who also liked this project (lately followed by other artists and vocaloids from both Internet Co and different companies) wanted to do some comparisons between GUMI / Megumi and Gakupo / GACKT. The latter singer / voicebank duet also continued, at the point of getting some songs using Gackpoid program being covered by GACKt himself and vice-versa. To be continued... ~

Song of the day : I've decided to pick a beutiful love done in 1971 and sung by Stone and Charden. Originally, Eric Charden showed it beforehand to Carlos and Joe Dassin, leading to a bet between the two about this song's success. And the song was such a hit it marked the debut career of the couple (Stone and Charden were couple on stage and in personal life) and gave notoriety to them.

Many people thought it was tied to the movie L'Aventurrà. Actually there's not really any tie to it. Moreover, the movie was released back in 1960. One week before Eric Charden passing out, he and Stone re-recorded the song on their 2012 album.

The Artist of the day : Spotlight on...
[/align]
Kaoling-P
One of the goold ol' producers in the Vocaloid scene, Kaoling still stands out for her particular and original music works. Indeed, lost in a pool of electrro, pop and rock-inspired Vocaloid music, she was among the first to show up with compositions heavily inspired by Celtic music. However, she did try out other styles, mainly trance and pop music with a few rock accents. Born Kaori Ohkoshi, her Vocaloid career starts under the stage name kaoling, reminescent of her first name Kaori through near similar pronunciation. She started in 2010 with Shall I Tell a Tale ? originally sung by Miku Append. Her first major success happens with One who falls at the name of God, one of her msot emblematic songs. Next year, kaoling releases a second major hit, Freyja.sys ~system Freyja ~ a duet between Gumi and CUL, still following the Celtic style. Along with all the fandom covers having happened after these successes, gaming industry decided to take some interest into her works, enabling her to work with the teams of Final fantasy tactics and Kantai Collection. Kaoling also sings at times.
Twitter :
https://twitter.com/OhkoshiKaori
YT : https://www.youtube.com/user/xxx7xxx0226
MySpace : https://myspace.com/kaolingohkoshi

Bonus :
From the elegant and refined Ogien Studio, the sisters AXIS-OG36 and ATLAS-OG37 here covering Kaoling's One who falls at the name of God, thanks to Maggy Rey
Kaoling kaoling~ <3
On a 10th of september, Rod Steward was releasing his first single ever, "Good Morning Little Schoolgirl"

Also a nod to Le Canard Enchaîné celebrating one of their birthdays (as in 1915, it was launched on that day) ! ~

The WTF moment / parody of the day :
LOTSASPAGHETTI. Or how to enjoy MAGIC BALLOOONS... Or is it THE BAGEL ? Yep, Mario games never ceased to sparkle interest in fans and even profanes people.... Even the that were a major source of memes, parodies and amazing YTP. Among the songs turned into memes soundtraacks, a simple song called "Running in the 90's" . What happens when you mash up both the memes ? This epic remix (WARNING: FLASHING LIGHTS AND RAINBOWY COLOURS):

Rey

Last edited:
Reactions: VocAddict

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello so today is quite a special day... 15 years ago, a tragedy happened, following some and preceeding others...The Chronicles will start with tributes, as well as talking a bit about the power of music. Stay tuned !

Discover of the day :
Today we have a tied duo of song covers

To celebrate their 600 followers, minome released an amazing cover of Iiya 118 using Gumi V4 :

Following the current trend of Love is war MWK Remix this test of a 6-pitch UTAU

In a nutshell...

- Ron Howard is currently working on a movie about the Beatklemania
- 15 years ago World Trade center's twin towers were destroyed in the attacks of Al-Qaida
- Claude-Jean Philippe (animator and cinephile) died at 83
- Peter Gabriel released a single "The Veil" that will be featured in the movie "Snowden" (revealed on Friday)
File of the day :
Finding the right tune for the right scene : union of music and cinema (+ other medias)
Ever had these feels and been thrilled by particular scenes in movies ? Sure, the actors or the story can induce such effects.... But are you sure it's only about how an actor plays nor what's said in the plot ? Not only. Music takes a whole place in giving sensations, and can also breaks down a scene when not well made. Indeed, as a mean to convey emotions and atmosphere, OST and other instrumentals take an important role to complete the performance of comedians. Comic relief, action, sadness, fear, relief, love, all of these facets of human nature. There are different kind of musicians working on movies, and occasionally on video games and TV intros too ! On a pure movie music compsoers' side, you can find Hans Zimmer, John Williams and his numerous works mainly done for Steven Spielberg and George Lucas' movies (but not only), nor even the great Vladimir Costa ranging from comedy to more serious-toned movies and more tender scenes
And then, you have huge stars or singers composing themselves themes and scene songs nor helping in the proccessfor movies, series or opening. Among the most known examples we can feature The Bee Gees, Michel Polnareff, or even Jean-Michel Jarre having compsoed the opening jingle for brand new France Info radio revamp set
But how can one makes very catchy and fitting music ? Methods often vary per artist or case. Simply suggesting some characteristics of the characters related to their voices, their overall attitude, or reproducing the context of the action through sounds and instruments. But also, being able to know when to go out of comfort zone and then when to stay sober in composition itslef. JM Jarre even explained his choice of avoiding a too serious jingle as atmosphere was already "anxiogen" and it would be a "pleonasm" to create such a stressful tune with the current context and the way medias can sometimes put people ill-at-ease when giving out informations that concern matters such as terrorism, ecological catastrophes, misery and unemployment nor even anything that's perceived as a threat.

Song of the day :
I could have put it under the bonus section but I decided to make it the Song of the day. Manhattan-Kaboul is a song duet sung by Renaud and Axelle Red. It deals with the absurdity of wars, fanatism and hatred between people, and the consequences on citizens and innocents suffering and killed by the wars.
Released in 2002, one year after the tragedy,
it relates the events of 11th of September 2001 through the fate of two people living far apart from each other and singing about the causes of their death.
Renaud plays the role of a Puerto-Rican worker dying in the destruction of Twin Towers whereas Axelle Red plays the role of a young Afghan girl subishing fanatism and getting killed in the coalition attacks. I chose this song as it's the 15th anniversary of that sinister day and because along with being sung by artists I like, it's really a touching song, truthful and also because like msot of people, this event shocked me. I also remember when I was little, I had a Barbie book, you know, the one where each week Barbie was telling about the trips she has done in Japan, France, Spain, Kenya etc... and you were having a tiny gift offered with it ? In eaach section of the book she was talking about monuments she visited or that were emblematic of the places she went to. And among those, there was NYC and at one moment, there was a picture, on the top left corner of the left page, and it was the Twin towers on it. I even rememeber I was like "well, maybe i could see those and other monuments". And then.... Well, I know it's silly for such a tragic event moment, but I can't stop thinking about it after all of these years. I still feel weird to think back to these moments where I was like "and when you know there were these" while looking at the page of the Barbie book.

Artist of the day : Spotlight On...

Peter Gabriel !
peter-gabriel_wide-d6b1cdb089d14e00e7e91133576a10fc81cd6569-s6-c30.jpg

Born on the 13th of February in 1950, Peter Gabriel comes from Chobham (Surrey). While being in school, a crazy project comes to his mind and with his fellow comrades Anthony Phillips, Tony Banks, Mike Rutherford and Chris Stewart : a little band created in 1967 that would become Genesis. A few years after their debuts and some first changes, the band recruits Phil Collins and later Steve Hackett. Peter Gabriel then slowly starts to feel more and dmore rejected inside of his own group, while his private life knows some turbulences, including his daughter's concerning health right after her birth. As a result and to avoid the explosion of his creation, he decided in 1975 to simply leave. After several people auditioning to replace him inside of Genesis, it was decided by the left members that Phil Collins would be the best choice as he was also doing the background voice. Meanwhile, Peter starts a solo career and finally releases an album in 1977 simply called the same as the artist. On the album was featured a particular song, that would then catch all attention.

Solisbury Hill was a major hit and explained in a metaphoric way all the troubles he has known before leaving and dealing about the departure in itself. Beautiful rock ballad with a bitter meaning, Solisbury Hill quickly knew some covers, including one by Vince Clarke from the band Erasure, whose own leaving from a band he created (Depeche Mode) was relatable to the lyrics and Peter Gabriel's own experience. Sledgehammer followed, helping him to dip more into videoclips leading to some awards for his MTV PVs. Along with his singing career, Peter Gabriel took involvement into defending human rights and fighting the Apartheid. He also took part into video games, latest being Assassin's Creed III, and movie songs. He recently released a new album (see In a Nutshell... section upper) . An asteroid was also named after him.
PETER-GABRIEL-Nov-2011.jpg

And leaded by this pretty sparkle, he keeps on releasing fantastic tunes~
Bonus :

https://soundcloud.com/transfatskabooble/senbonzakura-traditional-version-sachiko 10 months later, success came for an amazing cover arrange of Senbonzakura using Vocaloid Sachiko

THE WTF moment / parody of the day :
Rainbow Tylenol was a heavy source of meme. And the King of Trolls (Eduard Khil, a singer whose song was turned into a meme and turning him into the Trololol phenomenon) insoired a lot of YTPers, one of them deciding Trololol would accept the challenge of Rainbow Tylenol. (WARNING : FLASHING LIGHTS AND COLOURS)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Wytn-_MSBo

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
[This post was the Chronicles of an amateur Troubadour frm 12/09. Exceptionally it is posted today right before the actual 13/09 edition. Thanks for your comprehension. ]

~ Hello~ Nope I didn't forget to reease my chronicles before midnight, it's just I'm having an eye strain and I've had a very busy day OTL;;; So tiiiiireeeeed TTATT"' Bleh...
But don't worry, the Chronicles are back ! Better later than never ~

Discover of the day :
Just disocvered how would sound like a genderbent of Fukase :

In a nutshell...

- David Bowie's last recordings will be revealed in October
- Byeong-Min Gil wins 51st edition of Toulouse International Singing Contest
- Radiohead discloses winner of their mini-contest ; winning videoclip is called Affinitia

File of the day :

Mythic OST
Yep, just like how the artist of the day will be connected to the one from yesterday, same will happen with the file of the day. Yesterday we talked about how music would impact on scenes nor how they were chosen as jingle, while remebering some of the most prolific and skilled composers in different genres. Here I wanted to feature directly the theme songs of movies and series definitively tied to these as it's even better than simple words.
Magnum PI Theme
MacGyver Theme
Cat's Eye
Back to the future saga

One case that always hooked me too was every song compsoed for the James Bond movie adaptations.
When it comes to James Bond theme and the openings per movie, there are even a few rules. As well as the actor playing the famous spy, the singer MUST be British or from any Commonwealth country. Some titles that I personally like :
Golddddfingeeeeer

Also, about music x cinema or music x series combo, be ready for a File of the day dedicated to musicals ! <3 (ntot tomorrow but pretty much soon)

Song of the day

[URL="http://(If you have trouble because of VEVO try this link)[/url"](If you have trouble because of VEVO try this link)[/url[/URL][URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNrFZUJjuQ']]
This song was originally a song by Sting released on his album Sacred Love launched on May 2004, and he and Mylène Farmer released a brand new version last year On Mylène Farmer's Interstellaires ! Why picking up this song ? Because I love it, and I also like it because it's bilingual and Mylène Farmer and sting's voices fit perfectly each other and blend very well *u* Moreover, guess what ? Indeed ! It's Mylène Farmer's birthday today ! ~ 55 and still fabulous ! About the song in itself, it is commonly said it deals with a car stealer who can sense the character of each person he's trying to rob the car of, and he falls on the car of a businessman in a love affair with a mistress he fools with empty promises while cheating on his wife.
[/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNrFZUJjuQ

[URL='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRNrFZUJjuQ']

*Phil Collins*

So I decided to dedicate this category to him as he does share some traits with Peter Gabriel (and I told you today it would be someone tied to him ! ) and well because I deeply enjoy his voice
Born on the 30th of January in 1951 in Chiswick, young Philip quickly falls in love with drums. A love story having started at age five, when his parents offered him a toy drum kit as Christmas gift. Who knew what may happen in his adulthood... During his teenage years, he forms a band called The Real Thing before joining another one called The Freehold. During this period he creates his first song ever : Lying Crying Dying. Just like a vagabond, he knows furhter experience in other groups. The following one was Hickory. He joined it. Then he later plays as drummer in the band with Brian Chatton (keyboard) and the guitarists Gordon Smith and Ronnie Caryl, before renaming themselves Flaming Youth. The first album Ark 2 showed up, and despite not being a commercial success, it was still well-received by critics. After memebers split in 1970, Phil Collins started to continue on his own. Only a few months later, anoter huge change would come to his life : Genesis was seeking new members. With Caryl he decided to apply, he for drums, his comrade for guitar. Phil Collins was finally picked as the drummer, while Caryl didn't (Steve Hackett was hired in 1971). Keeping on the drums section, Collins also took the role of background vocals. But a second major change was bound to happen on that years.... January 1975, Peter Gabriel decides to leave and the band is seeking a replacement. After troubles in finding the right singer, Phil Collins was the new lead singer. Two years later, another departure happened with Hackett leaving Genesis. Musical chairs continued with Bruford 's replacement by Chester Thompson. Quickly after, Genesis team was reduced to three members.
Next decade was marked by his attempts at saving his marriage, tourings and transition of musical genre. In 1981 Face Value got released with its msot emblematic song, In The Air Tonight. The year after, Phil Collins collaborated with Anni-Frid "Frida" from ABBA for her solo album. In 1984 he also made a duet with Philip Bailey from Earth, Wind & Fire and then kept on performing for charity concerts. Despite working on his sol career Collins stayed in the band and continued to produce albums with Rutherford and Banks. 1989 sees the release of Another day in paradise, a song drawing attention on homelessness. Sadly, a few years later, Phil Collins works on We can't dance and leaves the band in 1996.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNJVFloPIVA]I can't dance
[/URL]
On his solo career, he tries an experimental album, continues on solos and even working on Tarzan's OST and djeting with Tina Turner on Brother Bears' soundtrack. However deafness on one ear (that ended up being cured) and surgery went in his way and threatened his career.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UavaSwQX5O4]In the air tonight
[/URL]
Out of retirement, he currently sang at the Us Open (last time he performed on stage was six years ago) ceremony (chronicles of 09/09 Post #1) and will release a book in October 2016.

Did you know ?
- Along with having been in the same band and sharing some close voicetype with Peter Gabriel, He shares same astrological sign as him (Aquarius)
- Prior to his hiring, he spent the whole time other candidates auditioned before him swimming while listening to their playing and memorising the pieces he heard
- As if he was aimed to a great fate, when being little Phil Collins was a child actorand at adulthood he did do some acting, though music was his major path
- Whereas he was some "rare ear" and having studied rudiments, he used to have trouble with reading

Bonus :

As Hans Zimmer's birthday falls on a 12th of september too, having some more bit of his works is enjoyable~
A best of his works

[/url]

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah it's not dead ! Chronicles are back and here we go for what happened today ! It's not Friday the 13"th but we don't care~
Discover of the day :

In a Nutshell...
- Stream ripping becomes more and mroe a concern regarding music industry ; Meanwhile online radio Pandora signs up with Universal and Sony
- Matt Pokora joins the coaches in the adult version of The Voice French edition
- "Do not say we have nothing", a novel about classical music in China ends up amongst the finalist of Man Book Prize 2016

File of the day :

~Technical problems don't worry I'll edit this post to put up the file of the day~
The Era of Stroboscopes
Friend of a night, the best friend of party-hard people, the stroboscope are still here with lazors to spice up our evenings ! But when was created this object ? and when did it gain this popularity from teenagers' "boum" and concerts ? All started with its ancestor, a weird machine with the barbaric name of phenakistiscope. Created by Joseph Plateau in 1860's, this and all the other devices that would launch the adventure were tied to cinematography and objects like earlier cameras. However the first mention of the word "stroboscope" was made by a similar invention created by Simon Ritter von Stampfer an Austrian searcher. Etienne Oehmichen later patented the first electric version in 1917. This stroboscope was able to shoot 1,000 frames per second . In 1931, it knows an electronic revamp Thanks to Harold Eugene "Doc" Edgerton. However, before being used as a fancy accessory, strooscope was primarily used for scientific and technical purposes. Indeed it served as a way to take still photographs of fast-moving objects, and even in medecine to analyze vocal chords. But it then derivated from this research dimension in the 1960's. Stroboscopic effect, including stop motion effect, was mainlky used during this period to enhance the effects of acid trips and LSD. Blue, red, yellow, black, white, violet, hot pink, rainbow... every colour would be used (or suggested through same effect that gives the illusion of a colour while this said colour isn't used). In 1966, Andy Warhol's light engineer Danny Williams started to use several stroboscopes playing at the same time for the Exploding Plastic Inevitable shows and he even made an enhanced stroboscopic show. Another peak went back in the 1980's. Strobe light effect is nowadays used in raves and discotheques but remains something to use wisely as the stroboscopic effect can provocate a very sudden gap between the eye and mind, and it can thus trigger the seizures epileptic people are used to.

Song of the day :

Thrilling is a song sung by Kumi Tanaka and released in 1984. This song seems to deal with a diffilcult ove story, cnoflicted feelings and the "thrilling" it gives but if someone knows the meaning feel free to post it below ! This is an 80's tune coloured idol pop song. Powerful beat, dramatic fill in with a pinch of energy with a touch of glamour and a clear bright voice that would make scream MEIKO-ish to all vocafans who wouldn't be used to this ind of Japanese idols' voicetype. A catchy tune I'd love to cover in my spare time if I can~

Donna Summer, the Diva

Born Andrea Gaines on the 31st of December in 1948 in Boston, Donna Summer knew quickly about musi. At only age of eight, she replaced a chorist who was ill and two years later she started to enter this same chior and became a solist. She dropped out of school in 1967 to start her career. Donna Summer then joined a rock band called Crow. During one of the touring, she was noticed yb RCA Records who proposed her a contract to play a role in the German version of musical Hair. Along with Haare (the name of the German version), Donna Smmer took part i other musicals and even modeled. She also records with The Veith Marvos Red Point Orchestra, a band who had other going-to-be-famous members such s Liz Mitchell from Boney M. Sally Go 'Round the roses, her first single, was released in 1971. Three years later, she applied to an offer and she'll meet there Giorgio Moroder, mostly famous for being a producer of disco (and later italo-disco) music. After a commercial failure involving her first albums which topics were too gloomy, she finally knew success with Love to Love you Baby. This song hooked several people by its unusual format (16 min) and the audacity of the erotic noises that were supposed to make the song being the sexiest possible. During all the time of her collaboration with Giorgio Moroder, she tried to write herself her lyrics and to not be reducted to Love to love you baby. Another tune with a great success, I Feel lvoe that was featured on a concept album representing the supposed evolution of music. Indeed, One was representing the past o 20's and 40's, one the disco from the 70's and thn I feel love which sonorities are aimed at representing how music in he future years could likely sound. In 1977 the song Last Dance in which Donna Summer'x voice reveals itself being way much more powerful and versatile than expected came out and was supposed to be featured in the movie Thank God it's Friday. She releases more albums, and on one of them is released Mimi's song, a tune dedicated to her own daughter Mimi, and that was reused for Unicef's Child Year.

Bad Girls. In order to break free from her Love to love yu period, Donna Summer releases this album, where the famous Hot Stuff can be heard. Before 1980, year where she leaves her company for another, Donna summer makes a compilation of her disco hits, and includes the song "Onn the radio" that gives its name to the album. She changes genres and add more and more rockish accents to her music, as well as Gospel following her Born-again Christian moment. Sadly, it was received in a mixed way, and as she was still associated ith disco music, she suffered of the disco bashing movement happening in the US. She also collaborated with Quincy Jones. She continued her career a well as touring, and even worked on The power of one featured in Pokémon 2. Sadly she died on the 17th of Mai 2012 from disease. Indeed, she was suffering from it in the last years of her life, assumnig it was due to the smokes she smelt when the Twin towers were destroyed (she was in New york on the 11th of September 2001. Right after her death, a posthum album was released including remixes, as well as La Dolce Vita a brand new tune. Her songs were covered and heavily sampled by many atists from different genres.

Did you know ?
- Could it be magic, one of her hits, is what i'd call a "ping-pong" song. Indeed, she and Barry Manilow created it and sung ity by sampling a piece written by the French-Polish composer Frédéric Chopin (Prélude n°20 en Do Mineur Opus 28à). In 1975 it was covered with alternative lyrics and meaning by a French artist : Alain Chamfort. Moreover, Chopin and Chamfort share the same astrological sign : Pisces.
- Donna Summer's stage name was derivated from another stage name she used to have (Donna Gaines) and when she got married with an Ausrian artist called Sommer, Giorgio moroder and his team Americanized her name into Summer. Despite having divorced of her husband, she skept the name
- Along with singing songs featured in the movie Thank God it's Friday, Donna Summer also plays the role of Nicole Sims, a singer
- Originally, the tune "Hot stuff" was supposed to be sung by Cher

Bonus :
In bonus, a song I'm promoting :

G HOLY FµµKING.... IT's a dinosaur !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92_LifAUfQA

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there~ We're the 14th of September ! Despite the rain and while waiting 5 months before Valentine's Day, here have some warmth and tenderness ! ~ Got some trouble going outside at work, school or simply going out of your house/flat ? Have some animation and cutesy ! ~
Discover of the day :

Another original promotion, this time using an Engloid ! "Deep Thoughts" is a tune createed by KK-Khan using Avanna. This song deals with dark thoughts,especially suicidal envy due to depression and how the singer wants to be sved and hopes it'd turn out better so they don't end up killing themselves.

Not much cheerful ? Don't worry, what's following will cheer you up~ Wait after the latest news before feeling the cuteness and tenderness !

In a Nutshell...

- Jacques Higelin announces he'll release new album Higelin75 in October
- 20 years later, a biopic on Tupac confirmed
-The Cult are touring in the US after reconciliation

File of the Day :

Musical anime and music in video games as plot

548478.jpg

Just like you can have movies or series revolving around music or being musicals, same happens with anime, cartoons and video games. One of first anime to be centered around music (though probably not THe first one ever) was Creamy Mami, a magical girl series revolving around a little girl named Yû who's granted powers like turning into a 16-year-old idol called Creamy Mami by an alien she helps and music is among the central themes. It was released in 1983 and as the first series made by Akemi Takada. Around the same period of its creation, on the 6th of October in 1985 Jem and the Holograms was starting to be aired on TV. Even though the series were made to promote a toy line, music was the gimmick and central theme of the story, with Jerrica Benton inheriting of Synergy, a powerful computer, along with parts in her dad's company and an orphan house. She turns into Jem, an alter ego made of an illusion who's the total opposite and was created as a singer was needed in the competition to know who would win the left part of the company. However, music was mostly limtied to two worlds : or the world of artists, or the world of magical girl involving music. One example showing a music x magical girl combination that turns the music in more than just entertaining or dreams, is Mermaid Melody. The characters fight with songs, may it be the mermaids or their enemies.

Other example is Full Moon wo sagashite, a series revolving around a girl who's going to die of disease and want to spend her last year on Earth being a successful singer, with the help of shinigami.
As strange a s it seems, music even took a bigger part in series that don't really involve it as the main theme. That's what happened mainly with OST containing "characters songs", songs that are made to complete a character's personality or presentation. Below an example of one of Ringo Akai's characters songs from the Tokyo Mew Mew video game in which she appears.

Along with series, and as seen above, video games had their share amount. Just Dance a choregraphy game, Vocaloid-based games... But one that hooked a lot of people was The Idolm@ster. Originally released in 2005 on the 26th of July, it started first as an arcade game before knowing sequels on Playstation and Nintendo DS, with the lastest title Platinum Stars released on the 28th of July 2016 and even an anime adaptation. The plot revolves about the payer acting as the producer who has to manage an idol (later a group of idols) to make them become a successful singer. The songs were instant hits outside of the fandom, and are one of the fandoms definitively tied to VocaUTAU one, especially with a few Vocaloid VA having worked on im@s like Asami Shimoda (Rin/Len) and all the covers done. Some characters like Chihaya even gained sympathy and are often in the rankings of favourite (video game) characters. Recently, another phenomenon started to emerge : Love Live! . Kinda like the anime rookie equivalent of The Idolm@ster, it knew a sudden popularity, and whereas The Idolm@ster are about singers who want to become successful, in Love Live! the character turn into idols in order to save their school. I will come back later on such matter with dedicated sections to one of these <3

Song of the day :

Que d'eau, que d'eau !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsm9YemTqO8
Released in 2007 and featured in the album Abysses, this song keeps on the wonderful traditional yet rockish modern sound Tri Yann still offers for decades. And it's full moon today, why not <3

Alain Chamfort

A velvet voice and a charming aura, and more
Alain Le Govic was born on the 2nd of March in 1949 in Paris XI. He's a singer, composer and lyricist. At a young age, his taste for music started to show as he learnt piano and even won Nerini Contest, his performances being recorded. He then joined a group named Les Dreamer's before leaving it and joining another one called Les Shaker's. After having won a contest, the band gets a new name : Les Murator's. Several changes later, he ends up being contacted by Jacques Dutronc who was seeking musicians. With the band Mod's he was in as a lead singer Alain accepts and then becomes the pianist of the Gentleman. Once the first album of Dutronc was published, he decided to continue on his own, before trying to work with Dick Rivers. After a trip in London, he recorded some albums but they barely meet any success until 1970. Then a big change would happen to his life. Noticed by Claude François who sensed his talent, this latter proposes to take him under his label Flèche. After recording a maquette, it is decided Alain would sing it on his own. However, worrying his name would be too regional for a career, Claude decides with him to find a pseudonym and both search until agreeing over "Chamfort". Alain then knows success with songs like L'Amour en France and Adieu mon bébé chanteur before covering a French adaptation of Could it be magic. Sadly, due to relation getting more and more tense with Claude whose slight jealousy starts to be visible (like the infamous fake bomb alert) and other reasons, Alain decides to leave and continue again on his own. This is the end of his period under Flèche label. Wanting to show he's not only reduced to the role of a "teenage heart-throb" he decided to change his style thanks to the freedom he gained. But success isn't as important as it used to. In 1977, another huge change to his career happened : his collaboration with Serge Gainsbourg. During this year he went to Los Angeles to record his songs, amazed by the work of other artists. He brings with him his comrade Michel Pelay and Jean-Noël Chaléat, as well as the members of Toto before they form their band. He then starts asking Gainsbourg help for the lyrics. Two albums later, Gainsbourg again works on the lyrics for Alain, and after a first try, inspiration came from context : the disparition of the famous navigator Alain Colas and his boat Manureva. This song becomes a hit and is one of the msot known songs of Alain Chamfort's whole career. (To be honest this song gave me the creeps the first time I heard it and when I knew about the story, and also a more private stuff concerning my family, I kinda found the song to be even much more creepier and saddening to the heart). Other artists help him. Becoming more and more a major artist of French pop scene, he nearly turns his style into new wave with a hint of neo-romantism, while going on exotic themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpJ3gEB6sJ4
After a period where he struggled to meet back with success, Alain Chamfort he writes a song for Vanessa Paradis and releases in 2010 an album dedicated to Yves Saint-Laurent. He also takes part in humanitarian project, as well as composing music for movies and taking part in shows (he also assisted Jenifer during the battles in The Voice in 2013). In 2012, success comes back with Elles & Lui, an album where he covers his own songs with new arranges and in duet with a different woman per tune. Other remixes done by DJs were done too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LOw19ph1-w
In 2015, he releases a new album soberly called "Alain Chamfort". This one features brand new original songs, including the catchy "Joy".
I really enjoy his voice it's so velvety and nearly sensual on some tunes. Moreover, he's of nice character, still classy and elegant throughout the years, and you can always feel this sensitivity in his songs and the way he sings them so gracefully.
Official site : http://alain-chamfort.com/

Bonus :
Even if Summer is quickly over in a few days and here it's raining heavily, why not swimming deep into clearer and warmer water ? Time to bring back good ol' Splash Free! credits with this amazing duet cover :

And to keep some Summer vibes before Autumn comes in, have some "tropical" song haha~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl81oFGwoJQ

An old YTP i still like, aka what happens when Link wanna shine in a discothèque :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hfL5uJQrWw

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
[Due to an important meeting (I had to go there for important matters), I had to delay Thursday's chronicles so I post them today before posting Friday's ones. Thanks for your comprehension. ]

Discovery of the day :

Momo-chan is love, Momoè-chan is life <3

In a Nutshell....

In a nutshell, in a ntshell....
- Anne Germain the singing voice of Catherine Deneuve in Peau d'Âne and Les Demoiselles de Rochefort, singers in cartoons, singer of "Douliou Douliou Saint-Tropez" (Les Gendarmes' saga's OST) and who also accompanied several singers and founded with her husband a vocal jazz band passed away
-David Bowie's Blackstar among finalists to Mercury Prize award
- A tribute album dedicated to Michel Delpech will be released on te 18th of November
- M and other singers on Elysée-Montmartre's re-launching

-File of the day ; :

E.V.E.C. : when people save it
[I will add the file a bit later, letters are acting weird tonght[ )

Song of the day :

From the astonishing band Niagara, Tchiki Boum ! Released in 1985, this song deals with a passionate love story. It is sung by Niagara's lead singer Muriel while chorus are performed by Etienne Daho (and I KNEW IT I RECOGNIZED HIS VOICE ONT IT AHAHAHAHA). Heady music, amazing and fantastic voices, with Muriel's usual glam touch, exotism in the lyrics, this tune really pleases and hypnotizes me.

Laura Megurine

Laura is a producer and also a singer at times, mainly known for using Mew and SeeU in a graceful way. From Spain, she's a lady (wooh she's a lady //shot) who has being in the fandom for years. She started with covers and along with Mew, Sweet Ann and SeeU she also used other Vocaloids like Maika and Oliver. Her other favourite Vocaloids include Luka Megurine.

Among her covers, it can be said they sound truly elegant, tonic at times. Among my favourite there were Luka's Rolling in the deep short shot, as well as VY2/Yuuma's cover of Cesare's song using both his core and his falsetto banks (though it's unavailable right now o n SC but a mirror YT still exists).
About her singing she can be versatile enough to sing songs with a slight choirish tone, as well as jazzy songs and upbeat tunes.
https://soundcloud.com/lauramegurine/laura-lilium-cover-first-recordi-need-to-re-record-next-week
https://soundcloud.com/lauramegurine/laura-why-dont-you-do-right-cover
https://soundcloud.com/lauramegurine/ttoxic She also voiced an UTAU named Arura (anagram of Laura in Japanese).
Sadly, she is private =C (you can hear her here as it's the "freshest" video featurng her)I like her and I'm also very grateful on a personal level since she was one of the people who helped me for the collab' that leaded me to win... even if i was kinda annoying and strssful and that I wanna apologize one more time even if i already did it because I'm still feeling very guilty for having done it and being so stressful...
YT : https://www.youtube.com/user/LauraMegurine/videos
FB : https://www.facebook.com/LauraMegurineP
Twitter : [/URL]http://twitter.com/LauraMegurine

Bonus :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rs6Y4kZ8qtw

Ok so I ws broswing YTP and honestly I jsut fell on this one and... Your face. My face when I saw it... WTF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGlIlDqmweM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeVGRVRf5Jw
[rIP Anne Germain =[ ]

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
[Those wree the chronicles of Friday, following Thursday's I will psot today's chronicles right after thanks for your comprenhension]

It's Friday and after having been through a colourful evening of pop electro songs and cheerful ambiance, and then a good night of sleep, I'm back ! ~

Discover of the day :
Discovered through Alcaline, a brand new duo of DJs. The pair is called Paradis (Simon Mény + Pierre Rousseau) and they released al album on which is featured the following song "Recto Verso"(sorry there's a stuff before the videoclip so don't expect it).

In a Nutshell...

- Stevie Wonder, Chaka Khhan and Christina Aguilera perform to a tribute concert to Prince
- Paul Mccartney attended the premiere of Beatles' documentary
- Paris' philharmonic open to visits for Journées du Patrimoine (monuments' days )
File of the day :
Defoko's Story (short version)
Among the voicebanks flow in the Utaworld, one always welcomed the newcomers in her corner, with her mysterious way : Uta Utane aka Defoko. All started with a program called Aquestalk (coupled with Aquestone). Released in 2008, Uta emerged from the female voice preset (in the similar way as FL-chan from fruity Loops' TTS child voice) with special permission granted to Ameya, conceptor of the UTAU program. Her real name Utane Uta means basically "singing the sound of songs" or simply "song, sound of song" while her nickname, soberly called "Defoko" comes from her role. Indeed, as being the "default" bank, and being a girl (with -ko being a general girl's name ending carrying a cute and youthful) her name ended up being defo + ko = defoko. Being released early with Teto and Momo being released publicly near her period, they were called the "Three utau girls". Together, and with Teto's gaining popularity, Defoko had some exposure. Being also the default bank, and being ALWAYS featured with all the versions of utau and utau-synth, she was present all the time. What's interesting to notice with Defoko is that she's the only vocalso far to be 100% synthesized. Indeed, unlike msot of voicebanks, Defoko follows the path of a 100% artificial voice not based on human samples at all. However, with the coming of more and more voicebanks through the years, she would then stay in her corner as she wasn't sounding as human or easy to use as other banks due to her extreeme airiness. Recently, a fanmade VCCV (done with permission) was created and brought Defoko back on stage. To be honest, I still enjoy a lot her voice, especially the way she says her "sa" or "na". And her voice is so relaxing I think I could put a recording of her vocals singing or talking about things as a lullaby to sleep at night~

Song of the day :

Released in 1983, this song named actually "L'Italiano" and sung by toto Cotugno was originally made to be sung by another known Italian singer, Adriano Celentano. The lyrics express the good, the bad and other stereotypes regarding Italy and its inhabitants, as well as the American influence and the ties to religion and soccer.

Melobunii
Among the shooting stars in the fandom that seem to not fade away so quickly, melobunii is a fairly new producer known for using mostly Luka V4x ENG Straight bank. She's also known for being the creator and voicer of USAGI. From real name Lily, and being into cute things and cooking, she started first as an UTAU user with covers before slowly (yet steadily) going into original music creation. One of her first songs was Sleeping Little bunny, having a version done with Miku V3 English bank. Themes often revolve around ghosts, sadness, love (in another way than simple love songs) but not only. Among her most notable works aree series like ALiCE - ECiLA or the Ghost adventures-themed song including Posession and Aftershock. Some are also involving some autobiographical elements like P@!N :

With a wobbly voice that emulates well the pain someone can have in the voice when they feel it physically or mentally, Luka sings about the after-surgery and recovery. To be honest this song is really one of the works of her that touched me a lot. USAGI has currently her original core voicebank, Jackrabbit a VCV voicebank and then her VCCV English voicebank is planned and currently worked on.
Official website : http://melobunii-p.weebly.com/
YT : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWpN2Su6L7UHBSlBjInVjqQ/featured

Bonus :
Since we're on Friday, and it's probably around the same period of the year I've discovered this, time to go back to nostalgia with an ooold TUAU video featuring Ichigo Yukaine covering a Japanese ad song :

The WTf moment / parody of the day :

.... Just, what can I say ? Just WTF

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello ! Saturday night, everything feels right~ Today's chronicles !
Discover of the day :
NiaoNIAO is coming back and so did Mu Qing, one of the most popular voicebanks for the program, with this version of bad apple, cover done by MS Milk

In a Nutshell...
- Edward Albee passed away
- 33rd edition of Monuments' Days started
- A listener of Virgin Radio won 380,000 € at a game

File of the day :

Nana Macne's Evolution
As on Thursday was revealed her and Petit's concept art, I decided to dedicate The File of the day to Nana Macne with some kinda connection with Defoko's featuring in the previous chronicles. All started with Vocaloid itself. Around the time the engine was sold, it was only made for Windows and thus, Mac users couldn't use it directly. Haruna Ikezawa, who was having a way to express herself (Vox Regina) explained how it was sad such a case happened and hoped to see this improve for Mac users through the creation of an equivalent. This leaded to Act2's project : Macne Nana. Hired as the voicer and playing a huge role in the process, Haruna gave her nickname to the product. Originally she was supposed to be called "Miku Macne" but this idea was erplaced by Nana Macne instead, as this nod to Miku would be seen as a huge copyright infringement and that thi codename was mostly for the early development and not really much planned to be used when it became serious. In March 2008, Nana was released for Garageband and Reason, as well as a lite version that would be turned later into Petit Macne. Since she had quite an open licence, people having bought her could convert the files to play her and Petit in UTAU. Leading to Nana evoluting in an UTAU despite notbeing originally made for this, her popularity also enabled more vocals like the Coco twin sisters (originally supposed to be one good and one bad sides of a same character) and PaPa, being voiced by Kikuko Inoue and Jôji Nakada. Geared at creating then some sort of universe revolving around the Macne, they were all treated as siblings of a same family. The latest addition was Nana (Petit)'s append, Whisper Angel * Sasayaki-san that later turned into being a sister despite being a second form of Petit (or how to give a headache as important as trying to make a genealogic tree of mythological charatcers). Around the same time, Nana and etit were given a 2S update with notably softer and smoother results. One day, something happened : the site wasn'tt displaying anymore the Macnes... Or so we thought as a good news appeard : Macne Nana would turn into a VOCALOID3 ! Whereas NEO releases during the V3 engine era enabled the first vcaloids to work on mac, Nana was still in the works and finally released in January 2014. Some people were disapointed as her voice wasn't sounding like the "utau" bold-sounding Nana and thatt her English wasn't either the best Japanese-to-English vocal. Other praised her vocals as well as the choice of having two languages. In March 2016 she was announced a V4 update named Macne Nana Plus (featuring a brand new separate voicebank for Petit ! ) and now we can all hope to hear from her again nowher concept art was leaked. ~

Song of the day :

Released on he 1sr of May in 1990, Mal
don (La musique dans la peau) is sung by the band Zouk Machine. The lyrics in Creole tell the story of a woman who wants to break free from her slavery-like conditions and wants to have fun and freely live. Thus, some have seen in this light song a deeper meaning, and some subtext filled with feminism. And well the videoclip is funny I can't help lol

Kirabagani
Little is very known about this illustrator, but I bet you already saw at least ONE picture. Hmm ? Yes ! Chloe, sele-P's famous Lily song was illlustrated by Kirabagani. They als provided art for Marie-Luise, Endless Sight nor even Atashi tte hontou Baka. Their style vary from mature-looking, with some hints of youth, and buoyant colours to cleaner, sarper-looking designs. Tey draw a lot of Vocaloid fanart due to their collaboration with users and other artists and producers. Rcently, one of their works was discovered to have been plagiarized and thus having stirred a lot of drama as the copy was used as illustration for an official Vocaloid event... You can see the original, true work here : http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=15308432
Pixiv : http://www.pixiv.net/member.php?id=1107124

Bonus :
As we talked about Nana, time to bring back this funny and adorable garageband cover :

Trolol meme comes back and forth and among the videos of nostalgia edition, a memorable duet / battle TRololol vs Arthur the weather man in Audiosurf version :

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Sunday is rainy and Autumnish but inside we can do nice things#~ No need to say it was kinda hard to make something consistent for today as i was surprised to have barely any huge music news, even in the rest of the world... So this will be a light version of the chronicles today~
Discover of the day :

kowareta comes back with a part of the utau human project to our greatest pleasure !

Another discover for you !

In a Nutshell..

- Zebda's singer Magyd Cherfi enters Goncourt contest with his novel
- Bobbi Kristina's boyfriend accused and recognized reponsible in her death
- 200 visitors watch Jaws in a swimming pool

File of the day :

[To be added tomorrow]

Song of the day :

Cy
[To be added tomorrow]
More than a song, a compilation of La Déryves's songs :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeXefZ2R50

Artist of the day : Spotlight ON...

(별빛) Starlight
Starlight is a coverist from Seoul mostly known for their use and tuning on Vocaloid SeeU, as well as other vocaloids including the Chinese vocaloids Ling and Stardust.

All started with this remake of SeeU's I=Fantasy, which brought them recognition and made them get noticed quite quickly.
They also have UTAUs (Miyum is one of them) and are using as well other UTAUs like Renri Yamine.

Very little information is disclosed about Starlight so sadly I can't make up a whole bio as for other artists, may it be established ones or even simple newcomers and tomorrow's artists in the fandom, but I still wanted to talk about them as I really, really liked the remake of I=Fantasy with SeeU as it was really impressive.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/starlightjihyo

Bonus :

https://soundcloud.com/parafernalias-fasas/like-when-you-cant-finish-your

[To be added tomorrow]

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Yeah, don't worry if I don't post much but it was a really busy week-end (and i'll add the file and song as soon as possible ! )
Discover of the day :

This song is catchy and an IA XSY always sound good (nor at least, will automatically sound good if the tuner knows what they do)

In a Nutshell...

- Bernard Lavilliers plays again his album Pouvoirs 40 years after its original release
- Copyright battle's still strong and hot between Tom Waits and Bartabas z
-Jean-Claude Casadesus leavs the lead of Lille National Orchestra to Alexandre Bloch after 40 years of career

File of the day :

Golden Age of Country Music
As one of the predominating genres in American music, country music started the same as the United States : a melting pot of different flavours. Derivating from a pan of traditional songs, mashing up White music and Black music, country music was officially born in the 1920's through one song : Sallie Gooden sung by Eck Robertson (1922). Through decades and styles varying from yodel to honky-tonk, rockabilly or even modern country music, its golden age started to occur right after WWII. This period launched the singing cowboys trend, from which emerged several actors and singers who populrized this style, giving the usual cliché of rural country music and Western themes. The main mean was Hollywoodian movie. Ken Maynard and Gene Autry were two of those.To be noted, Bill Haley started in a country band. This era is filled with a few genres adding elements from early rock ancestors, gospel, jazz and even boogie. Other parts of country music's history played a major role in its evolution. The 1950-1960's with Nashville cosmopolitan sound, and then the 1970's-1980's with some rebellious revamp of the genre with the outlaws movement (Willie Nelson) and the addiion of more rock elements. Among country musicians, Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn are a few examples.

Song of the song :

Released on the 29th of August 1989, Personal Jesus is one of the most known of Depeche Mode with Enjoy the Silence (released after it). Despite what the title or the videoclip would let imagine at first sight, this song was mainly inspired by Priscilla Presley's relation with Elvis and the following sentence in her book Elvis and Me, with Martin Gore thinking that t meant Elvis wasn't only the king but also a God, her personal Jesus to her, especially with the power of their love and all the hope he gave to her.

Artist of the Day : Spotlight ON...

5일 (FIVEDAYS)

Coming from South Korea, 5일 (FIVEDAYS) is a producer who also makes covers at times, and uses VOCALINA, as well aq featuring the Vocaloid SeeU. Again a very few is known about them on a personal level, except they seem to love K-pop as it's the main genre of songs they've been known covering. It can be noted they're among the very few people managing to work around and toning down Vora's flaws. Fivedays ? Their producer name seems connected to what is said on their YT channel in an evasive short text and to one of their earlier songs.

Among their most notable works, the serie Featurelina leads their whole production.

YT : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW_0Wt04KeAsydbmT8AyIlA/featured

Bonus :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5XHnYdhg8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5XHnYdhg8k
Happy birthday to Marie-Anne Chazel ! ~

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! ~ So the chronicles are temporarily closed as I4ve been deciding whether to make it once a week or keep on the everyday schedule.... Due to job and very tight schedule I've decided then to choose the weekly schedule (and comnig back later to everyday once i've more free time) and wait befre posting until I pick a day of the week to post them on (you cn be sure it won't be Monday, I go at the atelier~ )

Time to get something while waiting for the coming back ! ~

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! So I4ve decided after some deep reflexion that I will upload the chronicles on Wednesdays from now (and decided Saturyda would be then the day I post them if something was avoiding me to post) !
While waiting for the next chronicles, have some special lite day-sized edition (focusing on idscovers and bonus)!

Discoevr of the day :

Bonus :
Our little favourite demon girl is back for an experiment test performed by lemobird

Aaaaand (i forgot to post it so i edit this message to add it) the first computer music cover EVER :

trument

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! Chrocnicles are back for the week ! Also I couldn't help but keep saying "of the day" despite it being supposed tobe "of the week" but next Wednesday I'll try to get rid of this habit until I come back to daily formatd

Discover of the day :

Among the amount of peole covering songs, especially Umetora ones, have this one that sounds cool (though there's anther huge favourie of mine from this same song but I'll post it later, I also reecommend a few Thai versions)

In a Nutshell...
- The Gouster, David Bowie's posthum album gets released
-Bruce Springsteen releases his autobiography "Born to run"
- Shimon Peres passed away at 93

File of the day :
Jem & The Holograms

Fist aired on the 6th of October 1985, the series (script and created by Christy Marx) relates the story of Jerrica Benton, a young woman who inherits at her father's death 50% of the Starlight Music label record and a foster for orphans. Facing Eric Raymond, the assistant of Mr Benton, as well as the band he hires, the Misfits, and their nasty tricks, she ends up discovering with her sister Kimber and their friends and adopted sisters Aja and Shana, a mysterious computer called Synergy. With the help of holographic enhanced technology, Jerrica turns into a rockstar under the alias Jem thanks to earrings, and with her sister and friends, decides to enter a competition under the name Jem & The Holograms. After winning against the Misfits and earning the remaining 50% of Starlight Music along with a splendorous mansion a fight filled with high rivality to be top of the charts begins...
Originally, this cartoon wasn't really a series like the other as it was a marketing way to promote dolls made by Hasbro. These dolls were taller than usual ones like Barbie. Moreover, with MTV having stated to be aired four years prior to the launch of the series, Jem & the holograms mainly focused on music and included some videoclips inspried by he ones featured on the channel. What could have just been a simple disguised ad literally went further than that due to several factors. First, it can be said catchy music played a lot in it. The vocal performances of each VA who provided the singing voice of characters such as BRitta philips (it was even rumoured she recorded the opening theme as audition while being sick ! ), really gave a coherent and charismatic color to the series. But what also turned it into a phenomenon back in that time was the fact it was containing several action elements to gather a wider audience (G.I. Joe team was involvedà) and talked about social matters. For example, through Jerrica being a woman of power, leading a company (record label here) while men were mostly dominating, shows some feminist vibes. Finally, may it be about the main cast or minor characters, several topics were dealt with, ranging from drugs to suicide and also focusing on orphanage, while also conveying values of love, tolerance and forgiving. Due to a lack of success of the dolls near the 1987-1988 period, both toys and series wree discontinued. Several reeditions of the aired episodes were done, and in 2015 a movie was made, but mostof fans disliked it nor felt like it was the deal as it was barely sharing similarities with the original story.

Song of the day :

Duel au soleil is a song released back in 1986 and sung by Etienne Daho. Full of puns and with still this mystical vibe tied to the overall atmosphere of the song,it deals with a person whose lover left and was featured in the album Pop Satori. I love it like msot of his songs from then and now because there's always this melancholic, nearly dreamy and particularly evanescent ambiance just like in this one, and that the sweetness and softness of his relaxed voice can always bring strong themes by contrast ~

Artist of the day : Spotlight On ...
CARAMEROUGE
]
Discovered through VenusAngelic videos (don't judge me) I've bumped into this artist unit (Vocal: lai and aquascape being the producer and composer) last year. Coming from Japan, the two artists have done so far 2 albums (their first one was featured on iTunes). They paired up in 2012 to create the project and started to make songs in the indie scene, mostly techno and house music with some hint of futuristic and robotic themes. They released 3 weeks ago on their YT channel a song called "Magic of night"
They'ree mildly known in Japan (though remain very discreetà whereas in the West they're barly known, unless for the use of their songs in Venus' How to look like an android doll video
I personally like the overall sound of their songs, and for some reasons the singer, lai, kinda gives me good ol' Perfume vibes at times

Official site : http://caramerouge.wixsite.com/caramerouge--officia
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/CARAMEROUGE
Soundcloud hhere : https://soundcloud.com/caramerouge

Bonus :
https://soundcloud.com/liliam-is-fab/kagamine-rin-v4xarrowcover

Since we'ree on an arrow mood, why not going through these two covers ? (Go hide Sebastian //shot)

https://soundcloud.com/dvoraking/ruining-songs-is-my-passion-1

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! So we're back for the chronicles of the week ! After a true Autumn weather moment, what about a warm and sweet relief ? ~ Let's go with the music !

Discover of the week :

[to be added tomorrow]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02odeuFx3vg] More like a WOAOW moment
[/:shades:

In A Nutshell...
-
- New VOCALOId announced and having performed : COCOROBO (name may change), the first vacuum mascot to have a vocaloid voicebank ! You can follow her activity on this thread @
-

File of the day :
Ethnic instruments 1/3
So, this file will be dedicated to ethnic instruments that are related to a culture, a counry or a group of people ! The first serie will consist of the following :

Taiko
A drum also called "wadaiko" by Japanese due to its place in their history which practice makes it more than an instrument . Indeed, it requires a specific posturee to get the right sound, making it more like a between music and martial arts. Originating from 6th century, it gained popularity during the apparition of nô.
bridge VI

Conga

Conga appeared during the 18th century in Cuba. It belongs to the drums section and is derivating from older instruments used in Africa, especially Bantou music.

Celtic harp
A pretty instrument originated from Germanic and imported to Celt tribes. The earliest harps were used in Mesopotamia around "3,000 years ago. Celtic harp then became a symbol for Celtic world, even becoming the nowadays symbol of Ireland. It was highly popularized by artists such as Alan Stivell.

Didgeridoo

Didgeridoo is probabyl one of the oldest instruments ever created. Indeed it is said it was created around 20,000 years ago. Originally played by Northern Australian Aborigenes, it is made of different woods including eucalyptus. Mythologic paintings are decorations often used on didgeridooes.
Did you know ? Despite being made of wood, this instrument actually belongs to brass section.
h

Song of the Day
[to be added tomorrow]

I just died in your arms tonight was released back in 1986. First major hit success from the English pop-rock Cutting Crew, formed one year prior to the making and release. Unlike what most peole tend to think when just taking in account the title, this song isn't dealing about someone literally dying in someone's arms, but rather just the feel of dying due to a simple love act.

Artist of the Week
[to be added tomorrow]

Bonus :
As tomorrow it'll be the anniversary of Jem & the holograms' first episode broadcasting, here have somne of the msot emblematic songs of the show :

The WTf moment / parody of the week :

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello there ! I might make the next chronicles on Saturday if next Wednesday i can't upload ~

Discover of the day :

In a Nutshell...
- The Rolling Stones made a tribute to the Beatles during a concert (10°/10)
- Rob Tamperton passed away (06/&10°)
- Drake breaks Mickael Jackson's record of nominations at American Music Awards (11/10)
-Depeche Mode announces an album release and goes on tour a (11/10)

File of the week :
[to be added tomorrow]
Ehnic & traditioonal instruments #2
Following last week's file, here are a few instruments fromm all over the world I wanna show or show back <3

Pan Flute

Song ofc the week :

Sabishii Nettaigyo is a song released in 1989 on the 5th of July and sung by the duo Wink. It's the biggest success and most well-known hit recorded by these arists. It deals z with love story and loneliness. It was covered by a lot of other artists. I love the charming side of it, the nostalgia and even the music of this bittersweet tune as well as the videoclip.

Artist of the week :
Jacques Brel

Born on the8th of April in 1929 in Schaerbeek (Brussels), he's one of the best and msot known and skilled singers. He's even considered a classic in French language songs, among the "3 B " (Brel, Brassens, Barbara). He started to create songs in 1952. His first audience was his family, as well as cabarets (like most of singers from this period started their career). The next year he released a 78 tours. Two years after having left Brussels for Paris, his first 33 tours is recorded. During this perod, he gained more and more fans. What wold happen next ?
l
[rest to be added tomorrow]

Bonus :
As a continuation of this post, I decided to let you this wonderful song of him :

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hiya, hhello there ! Sorry for all the random delays inside each chronicles, I wil fix everything ! (and i know I said i would do it on Saturday is Wednesday was too busy, but this Saturday evening will be special~ )

Discover of the day :

An elegant remix of Chiru Chiru, the latest hit released by Reol. This remix and cover arrange was performed by Nightcore Chicks. And I can say I ca easily imagine it in a mashup with some late 70's-80's songs~ Another interesting remix, the arrange done for Len by Kogekuma.

In A Nutshell...
- An algorythmh called Flow Machines was revealed ; created by searchers it can generate a song "in the syle of" with the first big demo being Daddy's car a Beatles-like song

File of the week :
Ethnic & Traditional Instruments #3

Artist of the day : Spotlight On....

S.H.E.
A Taiwanese band composed by Selina Ren, Hebe Tien and Ella Chen (hence the acronym and pun), they were revealed into the fandom thanks to the amount of covers of their major hit "Supserstar". But before coming that far, all started with three girls who were born

Song of the week :

I would have proposed Let it be for today, but seeing some middle schoolers got stung by a massive attack of wasps and help was sent, and as there are some who may come across some corny puns, I decided instead to stick to my original choice,

Bonus :

I like this interesting remix of I=Fantasy (yet another ! ) and I can tell you I really wanted to share it because it's been a while since i've ever listened to any covers or to any remix in general. And I like Una Sugar's sweet tone of voice~

Last edited:

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hello ! #~ So I'm starting to fall a bit sick tonight so I'm rushing to post before falling asleep OTL;; I'll likely sip a thyme or lavender tisane to rest haha~ Anyway, this is going to be the day of Spooooookkkkkkies HALLOWEEN !

Discover of the day :

In A Nutshell...
- Pete Burns (Dead or Alive's singer) died at 57 brutally (25/10)

- YAMAHA now allows XSY between different characters ; so far it can occurr between AH-Software and AH software and Internet co x Internet co (25/10) 2

-You can check it here :

- Phil Collins unveiled his Not Dead Yet tour and same name autobiography (23/10)

File of the day :
Halloween
Yes, I'm being totally obsessed with it ! But what is exactly behid this celebration ? All Hallow's Eve has Pagan roots and was somehted to Samhain. This latter was the beginning of Winter and dark period of the year, even considered as the new year's eve. It later appeard in other Anglo-saxons countries thanks to Irish and Scottish people coming there to escape starve. The famous Jack'o-Lanterns appear (whereas rutabagas were used in Europe) in reference to an old Irish story about a man having played pranks of the devil and being refused oth at heaven and hell. Bonfires are also made as a way to prevent evil spirits to spread chaos and nasty things among the living. This celebration knew a few revamps, cinluding a Christianized form leading to the version we know nowadays. Othyjer stories and even real life social customs gave birth to famous Halloween(-relaed activites such as Trick or treat Halloween occurs mainly in the UK, Canada and the US. In France, Brittany is the place where it's celebrated the most due to Celt history, as well as Ankou legend references. Other places in the world, sharig some death and spirits-related legends, or simply inspired by the US are also celebrating it, thuogh in a minor way. I personally like Halloween, not really for the candies, but rather because I strangely find it more optimistic than All hallows' day and since for a night every gory, death etc things are being the "norm", I suddenly feel less of a coward and I can think back about the dead (siblings or others) without falling too much back in depressive moments and instead think they're just here at the party like evryone else. Again it's personal~

Song of the day :
Kyun ! Vampire Girl~

Coming from The Idolm@ster 2 game through a download, Kyun ! Vampire girl is one of the msot known and covered i songs in the VocaUTAU fandom and even among utaite. Basically, what's on the tin, a song about a vampire girl and loooooove~ The song is choregraphed up to three dancers and as for other im@s songs (with some exceptions) all idols of the game can sing it together, solo, with interchangeable spots. The msot known version is the one featuring Iori Minase, Chihaya Kisaragi and Takane Shijou as linked above

Artist of the week : Spotlight on...
Kyoko Date

Today, to celebrate one of her character's birthdays, this week's spotlight is fully dedicated to Kyoko Date ! A long time ago, in the middle of the 90's, what could be considered a long ancestor cousin of virtual singers appeard. Being among the first virtual divas in Japan, Kyoko ((codenamed DK-96 standing for "digital kids 1996" )*ç-°project took a few years before coming in ligh. The main leader (along with Yoshitaka Hori) of the cyber idol creation was Hikaru Ijuuin, mainly known for his radio broadcasting, being married to former idol and also being involved in Haga Yui's joke own development. They collaborated with te Visual Science Laboratory, Inc. to commemorate the 35th anniversary of Horipro's founding, the agency behind Kyoko. Her name was chosen as a typical name, bu also to fit perfectly the "dK3 initials. Coming from Fussa, she's a 16-year old teenager (someimes her ge changes a bit as well a s birthday depending of the version) lovin photography, sneakers and languages, dreaming to come to the US. She works part-time at a fast food station before she gets scouted. She has twi parents owning a shop and a younger sister, Kaori who would later become a model, unlike her singing sister. With this biography set up, the CG model idol would then come o life thrugh the motion capture of American dancers hired specifically to get the best of moves allowed by this era's technology. The main concept was an idol able to appea eerywhere she could, being 24h/h ready to go on stage and perform, not being involved in scandals that could compromise her career or the firm's image, etcetc. As she started, Kyoko took part to several radio shows on Tokyo FM thrugh a voice actress. Then, her first singles were reease,d including LOVE COMMUNICATION used as credits music for a drama. Sadly, the lack of natural moves for her model drowning her deep into the uncanny valley with other factors and delays reduced her chances to stay at the top. Several upgrdae and voices changes leade then to DK-1997 and DK-2001 versions. This later wasn't as well-receive as the previous ones due to the sudden transformation a sporty & tomboyish elegant girl into a gyaru-inspired model. Meanwhile, Fujisaki Shiori (heroin of Tokimei memorial) and other virtual girl Terai Yuki were gaining successs and overshafdowing Kyoko. In 1999, Kyoko managed to fulfill her aim to go beyond Japan. Sorrroxfully, her album Between didn't meet the expected results, desite trying to fit n by singing in Korean and going under the alias DiKi (Korean pronunciation of her initials). Along with LOVE COMMUNICATION, her main songs were Touch, Shining like a star and Albatross.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q2oeDo11_Q
Sadly Horipro seems to not have further plans for her. Her fadeout right after this career of modeling, singing, radio broadcasting and te emergence of her younger sister in virtual fashion (Kaori was even more popular than Kyoko and even won an award in a conest of virtual beauties). Her VA was never disclosed. I think Iknow now who it was, at least for one part of her career but I decided to keep it private, as it'd be only up to her to come in the light.
BVuut one can dream~

Bonus :
As on Halloween falls Mario Ramsamy's birthday, here we go~
(Click onto the spoiler~ )

The WTF moment / Parody of the week :
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4yuklc
No Comment

MillyAqualine

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Hiya there people ! ~ Nope I didn't forget but as I said, in case on Wednesday i woudln't be able to upload, I'd do it on Saturday so here we go (since I had an important meeting on Thursday and wanted to rest a bit before it)

It'll be somehow special and very light ^^"'

Discover of the day :
(serious)
(not so serious)

In A Nutshell...
-
-
-

File of the week :
Cities in song
As we know, it a common topic in songs, when it's not about love, war or simply pqychedelic suff, artists tend to sing about their birthplaces nor even the cities having the biggest influence. Sometimes they may not vist them yet and thus, fall into a fantasy. Most famous examples remain Tolouse by Claude Nougaro, Georgia by Ray Charles, or ve in fiction, the character Sae from Idolm@ster singing about Kyoto. The following music diaporama will be added soon.

Artist of the week :
Alvaro Soler

Born on 9th of January 1991 in Barcelona, Alvaro quickly discovered music and wanted to go on this path like many other singers. With his family, he spent some of his childhood and teenage in places such as Tokyo (!) before creating a band with his brother. In 2010, their electro-pop project Urban Lights is launched and they give concerts in different places of Barcelona, even ending up entering a contest show while Alavaro was still studying and having part-time jobs. 5 years later, he decides to go to Berlin and records his first album El Mismo Sol. Right after the release of this latter, young Alvaro met a certain success in a few European counries, and even leaded him to duet with Jennifer Lopez on a bilingual version of his song. Back in April pf his year, he finally releassed the hit Sofia -that you can hear above- meeting a bigger success than his earlier debuts.

Official site : www.alvarosoler.com

Song of the week :
to be added

Bonus :
As it's Joe Dassin's birthday today, I thinik
t would be nice to put one or two of his songs as a tribute

Aaaaand as I heard it twice today
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8VWASQB8wk

The w!tf! / parody moment of the week :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_5IlUtc4E I thought about bringing this gem from the past (aka y only Korean misheard lyrics jam atm em ^^"' ) I's a parody of Début d e soirée's famous hit "Nuit de folie"
from