Resource icon

Resource Prince Syo's Mandarin Reclist

Prince Syo

Momo's Minion
Prince Syo submitted a new resource:

Prince Syo's Mandarin Reclist - Prince Syo's Mandarin Reclist

If you don't know how to read and pronounce pinyin, this won't make any sense whatsoever to you. Just sayin.

a ba pa ma fa da ta na la ga ka ha zha cha sha ra za ca sa
ya bia pia mia fia dia tia nia lia jia qia xia
wa gua kua hua zhua chua shua
_ao _ang

a2 ba2 pa2 ma2 fa2 da2 ta2 na2 la2 ga2 ka2 ha2 zha2 cha2 sha2 ra2 za2 ca2 sa2
wa2 dua tua nua lua gua2 kua2 hua2 zhua2 chua2 shua2
_ai _an

e be pe me fe de te ne le ge ke he zhe che she re ze ce se
we due tue nue lue gue kue hue...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Syo

Momo's Minion
Technically it can work with Fangmei's latest bank
like the way "biao" is made with her bank is
[bi][ia][ao]
and with this bank it would be
[bia][ao] but entering [bi][ya][ao] would be the same as Fangmei's method. (you could simply alias the begining "y" sounds as i_ too)

The main difference though is that this list distinguishes between front "a" (like in _an and _ai) and back "a" (like in _a _ang and _ao) while Fangmei has them as the same sound. (which some native speakers don't distinguish either)

Also I think this method is a little bit more similar to regular pinyin than fangmei's method. Instead of making up notations like _ea and _ee I simply wrote e and e2.
Vowels without a number represent the sound the letter makes without an ending consonant after it.
Like for example:
"da" = [da] but "dan" = [da2][_an]
"de" = [de] but "dei" =[de2][_ei]

the only differences in romanization is that -ian and -üan are [ie][_en2] and [ue][_en2] (to keep them seperate from -an and -uan  which use a different vowel sound)

and that -ui and -iu are [ue2][_ei] and [io][_ou] to break up the extended and ending vowel sounds.