Oto files and some wav files not showing up in file explorer

bossswagmaster

Momo's Minion
I created a voicebank with oremo and made the oto file in UTAU, some wav files don't show up and the oto file doesn't show up in the windows file explorer but they show up and work in UTAU itself. the voice files are saved in C:\Program Files (x86)\UTAU\voice\(charactername), i've tried running as admin, copying the files to documents (the missing files aren't there when i copy them), and in my folder options hidden files are shown. i don't know what to do.Untitledd.png

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Try moving the entire UTAU folder out of Program Files. Put it literally anywhere else that's convenient for you. Windows's permissions prevent programs from creating and modifying files in Program Files, and it causes a lot of problems with UTAU and related programs.

After that, try generating the oto again. Unfortunately, if Windows prevented UTAU and oremo from creating and saving the oto and wav files to begin with, they're likely gone forever and you'll have to re-do them. Also, a note on oremo, make sure you scroll or click to a different line before you close it. Oremo doesn't save your recording until you go to a different line. i.e., if you record a line and immediately close oremo, your last recording won't be saved.

bossswagmaster

Momo's Minion
Try moving the entire UTAU folder out of Program Files. Put it literally anywhere else that's convenient for you. Windows's permissions prevent programs from creating and modifying files in Program Files, and it causes a lot of problems with UTAU and related programs.

After that, try generating the oto again. Unfortunately, if Windows prevented UTAU and oremo from creating and saving the oto and wav files to begin with, they're likely gone forever and you'll have to re-do them. Also, a note on oremo, make sure you scroll or click to a different line before you close it. Oremo doesn't save your recording until you go to a different line. i.e., if you record a line and immediately close oremo, your last recording won't be saved.
But the files are saved, UTAU can read them they just aren't visible in file explorer

WinterdrivE

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
It may be saved under an UTAU folder in AppData or VirtualStore. I think this is also a result of UTAU being in Program Files. Windows won’t let it do anything to files in Program Files, so it makes a copy elsewhere and reads from that instead. See VocAddict’s post in this thread: http://utaforum.net/threads/issue-fixed-phantom-voicebank-issue.18386/

Regardless, I strongly recommend moving UTAU out of Program Files.

Reactions: Kiyoteru