Oremo not showing Hiragana?

Tacocado

Momo's Minion
Okay, So i'm a complete noob and I can't figure this out on my own. I downloaded the newest version of Oremo with the intent of recording a voice, but none of the Hiragana are displaying! My Locale is set to japan, and I have a windows 10 laptop. It's displaying a bunch of symbols that would look more at home in the english language, and are things like diphthongs and accented vowels and such. I'm pretty sure everything else is fine, It shows the romanji version of the letter at the top. But I'm really confused about how this happened? Please, wise Utau people, help-

atomicreih

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Did you have your locale set to Japanese when downloading OREMO? It could have been corrupted

Tacocado

Momo's Minion
I did! I've been doing MMD stuff before doing my voice bank. I've also tried reinstalling a few times, now, and it still isn't working :/

atomicreih

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
This might be a windows 10 problem since someone else had something along the same lines (Japanese characters showing up as gibberish) happen to them recently despite setting their locale to Japanese...I'm a Mac user so I'm gonna have to go on a google tangent here---

I honestly feel like you already looked this up, so it might be a little useless, but I found some related links about system vs user locale, changing system locale for non-Unicode programs, and even something about a locale emulator.

Hope you find something useful there
https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...e-text-in-windows-game-wont-display-correctly

Tacocado

Momo's Minion
Thank you so much for your help! I'll look into all this and (hopefully) get everything sorted out!