Critique Requested News 39 【Selky】

spookysneeze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko

i've had this sitting on my computer for a while but I finally got off my ass and mixed it!!! whoooo-
I'd like some feedback, I guess on both the mixing and the tuning? bc I'm not really sure how good I am at either lol

RyotaxNao

Momo's Minion
Hello! ^^

I’ve been actively using UTAU for a couple months, so I'm not an expert, but if you’d like, I’m willing to give suggestions. ^^

The tuning is pretty good, and in some parts it’s pretty fluid; in others, it sounds a bit more robotic, but I think it’s because she’s a CV voicebank. I like how she sounds pretty upbeat during the song!

As for the mixing, I feel like the music drains out the voice a LOT of the time, or is at the same level as the vocals. During the first chorus, it sounded like the music and vocals were competing, and the music stood out more than the voice itself. It just sounds a bit distracting, at least to me. (I believe a lot of it has to do with the instrumentals, though)

I’m not sure what program you use for mixing, but if they offer any special effects for music (Adobe Audition has one, and it makes the music subtle enough that it won’t overpower the vocals), I encourage using them! If not, maybe reduce the music a bit. ^^

Reactions: spookysneeze

spookysneeze

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
Hello! ^^

I’ve been actively using UTAU for a couple months, so I'm not an expert, but if you’d like, I’m willing to give suggestions. ^^

The tuning is pretty good, and in some parts it’s pretty fluid; in others, it sounds a bit more robotic, but I think it’s because she’s a CV voicebank. I like how she sounds pretty upbeat during the song!

As for the mixing, I feel like the music drains out the voice a LOT of the time, or is at the same level as the vocals. During the first chorus, it sounded like the music and vocals were competing, and the music stood out more than the voice itself. It just sounds a bit distracting, at least to me. (I believe a lot of it has to do with the instrumentals, though)

I’m not sure what program you use for mixing, but if they offer any special effects for music (Adobe Audition has one, and it makes the music subtle enough that it won’t overpower the vocals), I encourage using them! If not, maybe reduce the music a bit. ^^
Ahh ty for the feedback!

Yee, the UTAU is CV, so she does sound p choppy at points, OTL

On listening back through it I think you're right, I was trying to make sure the vocals weren't tooo loud and probably uh, made them too quiet instead lolol^^

I use FL studio, it's p good for mixing but I believe it sounds a little bit different before and after you render it so maybe that's why I'm not catching these mistakes before I render it? Thank you for the advice!!