New VOCALOID4 Engloid: Ruby

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
So what happened on VO is basically there were some grumblings by about 5 or 6 people that the art was "poorly proportioned" among numerous other issues. Not really a big deal but, true to the nature of large fan communities consisting largely of people under the age of 30, a couple dudes had to take it to the "its terrible art" "it needs to be fixed" level, going so far as to compare the art to a painting on the tailgate of a dudes pickup. Naturally, people rushed in to defend their newly founded Goddess, and, well, look and see for yourself.

Actually I'm only saying that to clarify that only a small, very vocal minority had anything bad to say about the art and only like 3 of them took it too far. So ya know, be mindful with the VO bashing.

Don't know much about VO, don't dwell there. But yeah, I think that a couple of the people took their "critique" a bit too far. Pointing out proportional/perceptional issues is one thing. There's no need for unwarranted comparisons or "this needs to be fixed." If they wanna fix it then how about they make their own version.

I heard some people saying that Yamaha already has the bank and they just need to finalize it and it'll be done. Idk how long that takes though.
I hope it's relatively soon that they finalize and release her. I can't wait to hear full covers and original works with her bank. ouo

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
There was really only one super jerk about the art and he even used my apology for ranting to make fun of the art so ugggh **** that guy not so much VO in general although there are more like him there

I'm hoping they can release a demo/demos this week. I know Cien did one, and I really really really want to hear it. (Granted they revoked permission for PFX to use it but that was before the design fiasco got worked out so I'm guessing that's moot) I'm still holding on to my last shred of hope for a July release because ruby is this month's birthstone

✧ Elfrida ✧

The Space Witch
Defender of Defoko
There was really only one super jerk about the art and he even used my apology for ranting to make fun of the art so ugggh **** that guy not so much VO in general although there are more like him there
Yeah, I read his comments and he was quite a jerk. Extremely rude and uncalled for if you ask me.

I'm hoping they can release a demo/demos this week. I know Cien did one, and I really really really want to hear it. (Granted they revoked permission for PFX to use it but that was before the design fiasco got worked out so I'm guessing that's moot) I'm still holding on to my last shred of hope for a July release because ruby is this month's birthstone

Demos would be EXCELLENT! I can't get enough of Ruby! I'm literally redrawing her official art in my sketchbook because I love it so much. Just yes. xux

Reactions: Tema
B

bodytemp

So what happened on VO is basically there were some grumblings by about 5 or 6 people that the art was "poorly proportioned" among numerous other issues. Not really a big deal but, true to the nature of large fan communities consisting largely of people under the age of 30, a couple dudes had to take it to the "its terrible art" "it needs to be fixed" level, going so far as to compare the art to a painting on the tailgate of a dudes pickup. Naturally, people rushed in to defend their newly founded Goddess, and, well, look and see for yourself.

Actually I'm only saying that to clarify that only a small, very vocal minority had anything bad to say about the art and only like 3 of them took it too far. So ya know, be mindful with the VO bashing.

I heard some people saying that Yamaha already has the bank and they just need to finalize it and it'll be done. Idk how long that takes though.
it takes from hand-in 1-3 weeks

Buck

Ruko's Ruffians
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
New demo by heart★breaker!

3gud5me I love this thing. Ruby sounds great too, I definitely know which Vocaloid is going to be part of my collection one day.

Seriously, orchestra + EDM + Rock. And they said you can't appeal to everyone...

❤️PuririnLuka❤️

Arsloids Guardian
Defender of Defoko
Ruby sounds exactly to cyva in this clip, My hopes for Ruby kinda went down? But I hope in her final product she could sound way far apart from Cyva cause it's kinda bothering

Reactions: bio

na4a4a

Outwardly Opinionated and Harshly Critical
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
oh god she sounds like a deeper Cyber Diva.
sounded so different in her earlier demos but her release voice is so gross IMO

AtlasSynth

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
O...Kay... She realsed like that without say "she's comming"...etc ? Okay... <_<
not at all. PowerFx said that she was coming within a few weeks and even after the delay if you email their "contact us" page they would have told anyone when. Bill himself said that she;d be released late next week on the 3rd, her initial release date after the september delay
[DOUBLEPOST=1444238914][/DOUBLEPOST]
On the off chance someone hasn't seen yet her DL's been released

(The curtains are temporary because her box art still isn't 100% done)
how do i edit my signature? id like to put the ruby fanclub in mine if i can

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
how do i edit my signature? id like to put the ruby fanclub in mine if i can

Click on your username in the top purple bar and a menu should show up. Signature is the second item down on the left column. There's a box with a code at the bottom of this post that you can copy and paste and the userbar should show up after you save it~

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
not at all. PowerFx said that she was coming within a few weeks and even after the delay if you email their "contact us" page they would have told anyone when. Bill himself said that she;d be released late next week on the 3rd, her initial release date after the september delay

I think the point is though...people shouldn't have to email them for the release date, honestly. That should be info that's readily available out in the open on like a product page that people can see without having to go through hoops? How hard could that have been to put together like PFX has just not promoted or marketed Ruby at all.

It just feels like they've given up and have withdrawn after the controversy. Not that I blame them per se but still.

@Gamma
I wonder who tuned the samples on her page?? She sounds...uhh...boring?? Dull? Like she's just singing to get it over with. She's done for the day and she doesn't feel like doing anything anymore xD Problem sounds fine to me...but the other samples are kinda ehh and it doesn't help separate her from Cyva at all.

AtlasSynth

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
I think the point is though...people shouldn't have to email them for the release date, honestly. That should be info that's readily available out in the open on like a product page that people can see without having to go through hoops? How hard could that have been to put together like PFX has just not promoted or marketed Ruby at all.

It just feels like they've given up and have withdrawn after the controversy. Not that I blame them per se but still.

@Gamma
I wonder who tuned the samples on her page?? She sounds...uhh...boring?? Dull? Like she's just singing to get it over with. She's done for the day and she doesn't feel like doing anything anymore xD Problem sounds fine to me...but the other samples are kinda ehh and it doesn't help separate her from Cyva at all.
i think once people get used to her the similar difference wont be an issue. besides its just the nasal thing imo. look at oll the other loids ppl compare gumi, kokone, chika? then mayu/rin but they still fare decently. cyber diva has better marketing for sure and PowerFx was probably to the point of just wanting to finish this project

Enriku

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
To be honest how Ruby sounds is like a deeper more nasally Cyva

But in my opinion all the recent nasally young female engloids have too much similarities in voice type of it's kind of off putting, whoever did Ruby's preview I pray they don't get hate because the previews are kinda.. bad? and off putting imo and she sounds like she's choking . _ .

Also the curtain thing is just really stupid.. if the EDM Design is behind it I'm going to actually cry OTL

luiysia

Ruko's Ruffians
Defender of Defoko
@Gamma
I like the other samples fine :\ she just sounds normal, I think. compared with a lot of other sample songs we've had the songs they picked are just less energetic, which is fine. (although problem does sound the best of the samples, and should have come first, and blank space just sounds bad but at least it was last). and I hear the similarity to cyva but ruby is noticeably more, i dunno, vibrant? loud? either way I don't think I would ever actually get them mixed up.