New VOCALOID4 Engloid: Ruby

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
New Engloid announced!

Currently it's only Vocatone working on it, although I sort of think that PFX might be involved since they said they were working on a new female to be released in the coming months when I emailed them.

Either way, she's pretty awesome! Click the link below to hear her demo, she sounds extremely realistic.

Ruby Vocal Sample - Problem - Clyp

Oh, also, all we know currently about her VP is that she's American, and Prince Syo is currently doing about 80% of her development with Anders helping here and there.

Looking forward to more news on her!

Reactions: comet3

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
Oooh. I like the sound of her so far. Especially her high notes! She's just slightly too nasal for me though.

Edit: They're thinking maybe Misha's the voicer on VO. (o̶r̶ ̶J̶u̶b̶y̶p̶h̶o̶n̶i̶c̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶a̶g̶r̶e̶e̶)

Last edited:

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
WANT WANT WANT WANT

The nasal thing might be fixable through tuning (never trust a demo's tuning)

Reactions: samth1815

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN CHOO CHOO
The Misha thing is just an assumption, and tbh I don't think it is
PFX has no part of it yet, but they may well come in a little later.
Remember, this bank is beta atm, so not everything's been worked out~

Reactions: FluoroLime

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If her avatar doesn't have red hair I will be disappointed

But not very because I'm already fangasming over her voice

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
what if it's ariana grande

andyetitsoundsnothinglikeher

EDIT: Also @Uchuu, what Misha thing? do tell

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
With the whole VO thinks Misha voiced Ruby thing o3o I'd rather not make assumptions about it and wait for Syo to confirm who the VP actually is.
Also she better be ginger ;;

Reactions: Tema

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
The more I listen to her, she really sounds like Misha ;A; Makune Hachi V3

songzombie

Momo's Minion
I'm very impressed - it's the first Engloid I've heard and can understand without subtitles or anything.
I'm relieved that it's almost a 'power' type of vocal, if it was like Avanna I'd be more cold on the matter but...
And I also really like the same (red colour scheme plz). I get Nana S1/CUL vibes.

Apparently some folks at VocaloidOtaku are picking a regional American accent.

Kiyoteru

UtaForum power user
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
-//If it weren't for the fact that a couple UTAU babies already cover that voicetype for English I would want her INSTANTLY

-//Then again, this is a rough version, and the final bank will probably sound loads better

But it's finally happening ;;;v;;; The vocaloid we all wanted ;v;

Reactions: samth1815

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Wow, her english is really understandable, even at such an early point of development! And I really love her voice, she reminds me of CUL, except Ruby's nasally and has a slightly deeper voice. And she's American. xD

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I really like how powerful she is~
Punk Ginger Vampire for design y/y

Reactions: Tema

comet3

local rain enthusiast
Defender of Defoko
People keep comparing her to CUL, where I can see the resemblance, but personally I really dislike CUL and I love Ruby so far. (<-- run on sentence) Kinda strange.

Reactions: samth1815 and Xuu

Tema

Living Katsudon
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think the language difference helps, because I'm basically the same way, @pluvumi . The tone fits English better because English is a rougher language (if that makes sense).

@Uchuu I'm with you on punk ginger :tongue: Although I go between imagining that and her going the VY route:
Rczagjx.jpg

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Does anyone remember a few months back where we figured out that CUL was basically Tonio Japanese when she had gender factor applied to her?

Reactions: Xuu

Hentai

Technical Admin
Administrator
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Am I the only one unimpressed with the Ruby example piece? It need work on either sequencing or configuration.

The EN vowels sound better for pop & rock than any Engloid to date but I will be withholding judgment till I can hear a bit more from this "Ruby".

Reactions: Xuu