New VOCALOID: Rana

oteto

Tetoholic
Defender of Defoko
If they werent thinking about the overseas market then why the english on the facebook? But it occurs to me that this is creating a lot of buzz and when they do drop her on the overseas audience, it will be a lot bigger because of this maybe....

IrisFlower

Precious Flower with Thorns
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
If they werent thinking about the overseas market then why the english on the facebook? But it occurs to me that this is creating a lot of buzz and when they do drop her on the overseas audience, it will be a lot bigger because of this maybe....

I didn't say they were ignoring them completely and not thinking about them I said they probably didn't think it'd be big enough. They could've used the English to gauge interest in the first place but it probably didn't seem like much. Plus English is the language of business...it's strange but not that strange that'd they'd translate their posts.

Reactions: Xuu

Xuu

Ask me about Synthesizer V
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Honestly, they're very nice people; they'll even follow you back on twitter! I think after the magazine, they'll do something for us overseas and the people who couldn't get her.

Reactions: samth1815

samth1815

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
Bleh can people please stop making "Bleeh if they talk to the overseas fans and value them then why don't they release her overseas?? >:-(" posts?

It's starting to get a tad annoying :/

EDIT: Yeah, I agree with Uchuu.

Reactions: Xuu

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko
I think people are just annoyed that they have made her with the Japanese market in mind majorly, when the overseas market too great interest in her from her announcement.

Reactions: samth1815

Xuu

Supporter
Defender of Defoko

Rainbow-Coloured Monster's Full Version!​

Apparently, the reason WE'VE Inc. hasn't released her here is because they're not able to conduct business overseas, but they too hope Rana can be released here!

shinami

Procrastination Queen
Tutor
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
Hahah all this talk is serioulsy reminding me of video game debates where very frequently games will not be localized outside of Japan. Japan is a very insular market that sustains itself and while they often acknowledge the overseas market it's frequently either monetarily not worth it (very true of niche Japanese games, I'm assuming it would be similar with niche Japanese software tied to a niche magazine) or that the interest simply wouldn't happen (even happens with huge games like Xenoblade by the big Nintendo - it took a big fan movement called Operation Rainfall to get them to bring it to North America; while an operation likely won't be required in this instance it will be needed to make the company fully aware of the overseas interest if they aren't already).

(As an RPG nut and since JRPGs are definetly niche this is a problem that always makes me upset.)

Video game localization politics =/= Vocaloid, but I think there are some strong parallels since it's Japan and technology, though at least Vocaloid has a strong history of every other voicebank being available worldwide.

If the company doesn't have the money/power/infastructure to give Rana to overseas users they'll likely need Yamaha or someone to step in and help, unsure if they would want that though.

Mako

"it"
Supporter
Defender of Defoko
So apparently you need 30 magazines/tickets to get a non-expiring copy of Rana, but in order to get those 30 magazines/tickets, you have to live in Japan, which is a shame, since it doesn't work if you live overseas, so it's pretty much impossible for us to get even a trial copy unless we go to Japan and buy the magazines one at a time. xwx

Hopefully this'll be fixed in the future cause i want meh rana bby ;A;

EDIT: Woops, I got ninja'd! xD