need help with oto

vocadork

Momo's Minion
I am trying to make an utau [some vocals are trash] but currently i need someone to oto it before replacing some vocals, it's my first time making an utau, so I have no knowledge - I looked at tutorials but I don't personally get it.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
What voicebank type are you attempting? CV, VCV, CVVC, etc. and what are you having difficulty with, exactly? Also, it is recommended to start out with Japanese CV.

Arissa

Ritsu's Renegades
Defender of Defoko
yes, i know. I'm doing JP CV.
You didn't clarify anything so I wanted to know in order to help. It's a good idea to follow what Kiyoteru mentioned, and also maybe download some CV voicebanks to get the feel of how they work; this can help you understand more about otoing CV if you're confused. (Also don't be intimidated, otoing is not as complicated as many make it out to be :smile:)

Truly

Teto's Territory
Defender of Defoko
upload_2017-12-2_2-23-15.png

You cut the silence off the beginning of a syllable.
Then, the part in pink is the consonant and the start of the vowel. This doesn't get stretched or warped by UTAU.
Then, the white area is the rest of your vowel. It gets stretched, warped, crossfaded, and blended into other vowels.
Lastly, the silence after the vowel is cut. Sometimes, you cut the end of the vowel, too, because it's supposed to be blended and you don't need to carry it out fully.